We spent 6 nights at The Grand Chancellor Brisbane last week. Overall, it was a good experience and I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Brisbane.
Initial impressions were not great- the outer of the hotel looked dated; the lift didn’t seem to work with a swipe card and was painfully slow. However, once in the room it was a different story- nice decor, everything was clean, a sofa and good amenities.
The room service and restaurant food was absolutely faultless- there were many nights we ordered room service just because the quality of the food was often much better than eating out. Portions are generous, all the ingredients are well seasoned and everything tastes phenomenal! Would definitely recommend the restaurant, even if you are not staying at the hotel.
Also the level of service in this hotel is fantastic. From the check in staff to the cleaning staff to the room service staff, everyone clearly has very high levels of customer service. There was only ever one lady from room service who was rude on the phone. Otherwise we were always attended to very well.
Although I’ve read some negative comments in regards to location, it was ok for us as the exercise counteracted all the eating! Additionally, this hotel is no more than 10 mins from the city centre.
The only negatives are as listed below:
- Window- Why was there no window in our room that could be opened? Every day on our return, even when it was relatively cool outside the room was boiling hot, and we were unable to open a window. Very frustrating as we also had no balcony!
- Gym- I think it’s a HUGE stretch to call the room upstairs with no working equipment (literally- the only thing that worked was the treadmill) a ‘fitness centre’. I booked this hotel on the premise that the gym would be a few fully functional machines, and instead I had to pay a two week membership for an inner city gym. Very frustrating as I was only able to use a week of this membership and it was not cheap!
- Cleaning times- I found the cleaners were always around very early in the day. This was a bit annoying as I felt rushed in the morning for the whole week. I think it makes more sense for them to come around lunch time, as generally, nobody is in their rooms around lunch time.
- Bedding- We only noticed at the end, but our mattress had a spring popping out! Please replace some of your older mattresses- dangerous!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Chancellor Brisbane Hotel Brisbane
- Grand Chancellor Hotel Brisbane
- Brisbane Grand Chancellor Hotel