Airport Motel
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$116
  • Fitness centre
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$93
ibis Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$94
  • Room Service
Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$92
US$147
US$120
  • Pool
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$131
Agoda.com
US$91
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanan overnight staycruise terminalcovered parkingeat street marketsearly morning flightwalking distance to restaurantskingsford smithmajor roadgreat sleepconvenience storestayed one nightfree wifihandy locationgood sizeshort staytaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2011

All round very good.
Well maintained and serviced. Very good location whether needing the airport or the city.
Close to new shops at the river (5 min walk).
Breakfast available.
The pool whilst small is very clean and nicely set.
Minimal road noise as rooms well located toward rear of block behind main building.
A little expensive but overall worth it considering well rested.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road and away from the stairwells to ensure a peaceful night.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank PidynTeithio
Reviewed 7 July 2011

The trouble with these feedback forums is that mostly only the whingers bother to leave a comment so I'm going to do something I've never done before nad leave some feedback to balance the books a little. I stayed for 3 nights and used the conference room for 2 days. From my first enquiry handled by the owner Jan, the service was oustanding. Upon my arrival the receptionist (sorry, didn't get her name) was very friendly. When I arrived in the conference room 15 minutes prior to my meeting time, Pam arrived within 30 seconds to check that everything was OK and then proceeded to arrange tea & coffee for my arriving guests (something I had not prearranged). Throughout the day Pam was nearby to help and she arranged lunch out in the nearby courtyard. The rooms are simple but spotlessly clean with good bedding and everything you need - they are good value for the rate charged. The in-room breakfast is again good value, well cooked and arrived on time and hot! - There's something new for a motel! It was also delivered with a smile by Pete. I used the free shuttle to the airport, kindly arranged by the motel for a 4:30am pick up. All in all a great experience of good value. Great to see staff who are truly desiring of doing a good job and looking after their guests. So Pam & team, thank you, I'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I place people from overseas in Mining Engineering roles throughout Australia and arranged for a candidate who was travelling from Philippines to stay over 1 night on his way to a mine on Mount Isa for an interview the next day. I called the hotel 4 days before his arrival to let them know he would arrive at 11pm, would there be someone on reception to deal with him? They said their reception closed at 9pm but they would leave keys along with instructions on how to get to his room in a safety deposit box outside the hotel and gave me the code to give him. The candidate followed the instructions but when he opened the safety deposit box nothing was inside. He unfortunately had to find a taxi and book into another hotel. When I called to say he was unable to get to his room, therefore could we have a refund. The Manager (called Jan), told me it was his fault for not using the night phone near the safety box to call her up. She wasn't helpful at all and instead of giving some sort of understanding towards the customers frustration, she kept saying 'you don't need to repeat yourself, you've already told me that', we're still charging you'. I felt even more annoyed about the incident after talking to her......I thought $192 per night hotels trained their staff to deal with upset customers in a professional, sympathetic manner!! I advise not to put yourself through an ordeal at 'Airport Motel from hell'!

Kate Wilkinson
UK - living in Australia

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank 2901katew
happytimesBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Airport Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2011

It is a shame that the guest did not pick up the night phone which is near the night safe when he found his key was not there as we have staff on all night for guest check in even though the reception doors close at 9pm. The booking had been done over the internet and as such it is the policy of the Companies that do the internet bookings that we get photo ID and credit card details for all bookings made over the internet. This is the reason why the key was not put in the safe. Our cost for this room is $160.00 which also includes a transfer to the Airport (worth $30.00) not $192 as stated by the person that booked the room. The balance of this charge is kept by the Company that the booking was done with. This same guest checked in after hours last night using the night phone without any problems. He was a very happy person and spoke good English. I was given to understand by the person that did the booking that because he was from the Phillipines that he did not understand what he had to do. This morning he is going to the Airport on our complimentary shuttle.

Reviewed 6 January 2011

We chose this motel for a one night stay between flights in october 2010. We mainly chose it based on the location and price, and were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and how friendly the staff were. The motel is a short taxi trip from the airport (about $25) and you get a free transfer back to the airport. Rooms are fairly tired but clean and still good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2010

Thank you for your comments. You will be pleased to know that we have now upgraded all our bed covers. They look great.

Reviewed 15 November 2010

Avoid this place at all cost. Like most airport hotels/motels in Brisbane it is quite far from the airport, we were therefore specifically looking for a motel which would offer a shuttle service. Unfortunately the meaning of shuttle is lost to the operators of this motel. There is no transport to from the airport so add a $30 taxi trip to the cost of your stay. We arrived after 21:00 so the motel was not manned, you need a special code to get in!!! The room was dismal, mosquitos were breeding in the toilet, and the bed linen was damp. In the morning an old bus arrived to transport us and the other grumbling guests to the airport. Next time I will spend more to stay at the Novotel, which is a lot closer to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank dubaimadge

We do offer a complimentary shuttle to the Airport (which the guests used). The shuttle is operated by another Company and is the only Company that does Airport transfers in the area. We offer this service complimentary to our guests.