“Well worth the stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Airport Motel
Ranked #104 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
“Well worth the stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this motel prior to our trip to Europe and on return.The motel is not too far from the airport and the staff and motel were excellent. We would recommend this motel for a short term stay. It is close to the Rivercat stop where a trip to the city is easy.

Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My family and I were very happy with location, price and the service from the check-in staff. We also had a good sized family room which easily fitted two double beds and still had plenty of room to spare. We found the room (on the second floor) to be nice and quite and allowed for a good night's sleep, especially considering that the motel is basically on a flight path.

We also ordered some meals up to our room for dinner and these worked out at about the same price when compared to some of the take away places that offered home delivery with an extra surcharge.

We used the pool facility and although not heated, it was appreciated.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cascade, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We only had 2 days in Brisbane. The Airport Motel worked but is nothing special for the price. It was around 15-20 minutes by taxi from the airport. Then a 20 minute walk to the Cat Ferry. The room was very small for 3 of us. An optional breakfast was pricey. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Devonport, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

A pleasant smile and good service are a great start on arrival at an accommodation place. This was the case at Airport Motel, Brisbane. Over and above the courteous and pleasant greeting, I was impressed with reception apologising to me for a slight delay while attending the needs of an elderly couple before me. That was fine. I'm well in my 70s, too, but have the advantage of remaining fit.
Unfortunately, comes the "Then…" aspect of the heading.
The unit in which I stayed was not up to commercial standard. I was too tired to mess about with changing rooms or, even, accommodation, so put up with the considerably less-than-clean surrounds. The bathroom was the area of total disappointment: dirty and unacceptable. A number of things - all easily attended! - were the cause of my unfortunately negative review. There were at least two hairs at the toilet (a matter of principle to a man but something more than that to most women!) The shower curtain hem was orange with soap mould and bacterial buildup. 'Top of the list' must go to the vanity. The accumulation of dust, dirt, hair, fluff, soap and other matter was at a level I have never before seen.
I won't carry on about it. All I suggest is the reader chaco out the attached photos.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank John R

Travellers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Zichron Yaakov, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Good proximity to airport.
Shuttle from the airport arranged by hotel staff (extra fee)
Breakfast in the room at your choice of hour (extra fee)
Efficient and friendly staff, willing to help.
Easy in - easy out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We booked a queen deluxe room. Unfortunately I could not see any deluxe fittings or features. I may be wrong about this, but I think the only difference between standard and deluxe is that there is lift access to the deluxe rooms.
The room could have been cleaner. I reached up into the cupboard for a plate and found there was white sticky dust all over the top of the plate. We had thought about eating at the motel that night but this put me right off.
It is a short walk to the Portside Wharf complex where there are many choices of restaurant.
I did not sleep at all well in this motel. When I looked outside our window in the morning, I saw there were 4 noisy airconditioning units right near our window. The on/off sound they all made through the night led to a very disturbed sleep for me.
Apart from the above, I found the staff pleasant and polite and the location was very handy for our cruise departure the next morning. I believe the motel even drops guests off free of charge at the port at certain times.
There was a tiny, rather cold swimming pool. My husband tried it, but I did not.

Room Tip: Might be better to try another motel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Oga1
Orange
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Clean, tidy, safe.......good airport location. We ended up here at a last minute because of a plane cancellation. It rated 4 stars on booking.com and so went with it without reading a single review. My view is that this is a 3 star with an extra half because the receptionist/owner was so very lovely, helpful and friendly. Good family sized room but the motel was not really a place you'd stay for a holiday. $159...... The motel was worth $100 but you pay the $59 for the location.. Bur the lady behind the counter was a true gem. Thanks :)

Room Tip: The family room was 3rd story. Lugging bags up there wasnt heaps of fun.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family