“A friendly stay”

Rocklea International Motel
Ranked #88 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Friendly and obliging staff. Nice rooms. I have stayed many times before and the service is always good. Triple sheeting for better hygiene. I prefer to stay on the side away from the motorway. Laundry available. Overall a pleasant experience with good service.

Room Tip: Try not to get an interconnecting room as will be a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
BneIntl, General Manager at Rocklea International Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Adel W

It’s always lovely to welcome a familiar face back to our hotel, thank you for your continuing support.

We’re glad you enjoyed the triple sheeting, it’s always the little things that make a difference.

Hopefully we’ll see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Rocklea International Motel

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was dubious about booking this place as the picture on wotif looked old and drab but appearances can be deceiving.

As many have said in reviews on this site the staff really make this place stand out, they are efficient, happy and very friendly.

A particular shout out to the kiwi lady in the restaurant, sorry I don't know your name.

I have stayed here twice in the last two weeks and plan on two more week-long stays over the next three weeks.

I definitely recommend it as a reasonably priced, pleasant stay.

Ashleigh!, you can add one to your count ;)

Room Tip: Avoid the room downstairs with the bathroom that doubles as a disabled toilet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
BneIntl, General Manager at Rocklea International Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Daniel

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor, we really appreciate your feedback (and so does Ashleigh!!).

I have noted your feedback about the pictures on Wotif and have begun an overhaul of all our images on the various travel websites – so thank you for the gentle reminder!!

Keela is our lovely waitress in the restaurant and your feedback has been passed on to her.

Daniel, we look forward to having you stay with us again in the next few weeks and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This was my first time staying at this motel, and was very convenient as i only needed to travel 2 minutes down the road for a training seminar.

The staff here are amazing upon check in i was greeted with a big smile from the receptionist i think her name was Ashley, i was even asked if i needed help with my bags you don't see that happen every day. The General manager Ann was also very cheery taking an interest in my work and told me to let her know if there is anything she can help me with to make my stay more enjoyable.

The Motel has a restaurant that is open for breakfast and dinner, the full cooked breakfast is a little slice of heaven and is plentiful and a big meal is a great way to start of a working day.

The room was surprisingly quite it was a bit daunting when i first arrived because the motel is smack bang in the middle of a motorway, a main road and a train station, but the windows are double glazed and work like a treat. The room was very clean with a good layout not to small either the bathroom also had a bath which was nice.

The motel has ample free parking which is monitored by cameras as well as the night staff taking regular security walks. The in-room internet is a cable broadband you can borrow a cable from reception and the internet is even free.

Overall staying at this motel was a pleasant experience and me and my company will defiantly be back.

Dear Quest on K

What a great review, thank you for your kind words and feedback.

It was wonderful to have you stay with us. I have passed your comments on to Ashleigh, she is a delight to have on our team and it was fantastic to see her acknowledged in your comments.

I’m glad you enjoyed your breakfast, free car parking and internet, they’re just some of the ways we try to surprise and delight our guests.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the area and again thank you for taking the time to review us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I regularly have to go to this region for business, and after many bad experiences everywhere, I've finally found a decent place with excellent staff and facilities staying at the Rocklea.

Pros:

ROOMS: Good sized, well appointed rooms, clean and I had no problems with any of the facilities. Free internet, not the fastest but definately adequate for browsing, however you need to get a network cable from front desk, unless you provide your own.
FACILITIES: Fantastic breakfast, couldn't speak higher of it, pay a little more and get it, always over ate every morning compliments to the kitchen. Daily papers provided and one particularly friendly female staff who i believe was from New Zealand made you feel right at home
SERVICE: Great check in staff, even a young uni student doing one day a week was very friendly and helpful, i wish him luck in the pyschology degree.

Cons:
ROOMS: Bathroom light was a little dim, some lights did not work, but not too bad that you couldn't see, however more lights in the bathroom particularly would have been appreciated. Pretty sound proofed rooms from the road noise(not bad i thought considering near a major highway), however corridor noise from people closing doors opposite my room somehow got through which i thought was strange.
OTHER: For some reason there were A LOT of people sitting in stair wells on their phones, having a smoke, or even a wine on the stairs when I was there, i thought that was quite strange, although i understand this is beyond the hotels control. Made it hard bringing up and down luggage when these people took up most of the stair way.

Overall:

A great little spot, i'll be making all my future bookings in the area here, would be nice if they had a lift though, it'd solve the 'stair loiterers' issue that i had.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Bryan

What a comprehensive review on Brisbane International Rocklea – thank you so much for taking the time to share your views and opinions with future travellers.

We’re glad you found us and we’re thrilled that you will be back in the future.

I’m glad you found the FREE internet helpful and please let us know should you wish to access WiFi when you are next in as we can provide a modem on request for your convenience but in the very near future we do hope to have FREE WiFi available in all of our rooms.

I have passed on your wonderful comments about our staff, they really are our finest asset and it’s great to have them recognised for their efforts.

Thanks for the feedback regarding the lights, I have had housekeeping check that they are all now working correctly.

As for the stairs, I do apologise that you encountered this issue. This is a not a problem that we normally encounter and I will ensure that it does not continue to happen. And if you ever need help with luggage or bulky items please let us know and we’d be more than happy to assist you up to your room.

Again thank you so much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed there for a few days, staff were great, food was brilliant, rooms always fresh and clean when I got back from work, overall recommend it to anyone who is travelling wants a good price for a room, prices for the food were worth it and it was good service

• Stayed: February 2013
BneIntl, General Manager at Rocklea International Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Darren

Wow, 5 out of 5, what a review, thank you so much for taking the time to recommend us to fellow travellers!!

We can’t wait to see you on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

At first glance from roadside, you'd be excused for turning to the person who'd made the booking with more than a few questions about what they where thinking at the time when they had booked this place. Once inside your room you should be pleasantly surprised.. Clean, neat and well set out. Only issue might be no power points near the bed. If they were there they must have been well hidden.
Food was very good although the menu was short. What they do, they do well.
A small cab charge to the city, or its no longer than a 5 minute walk to the train station. On my first day one of the staff actually walked me half way there to ensure the directions were made very clear.
In closing its deffinatly the staff that make this place. Easy to talk to, and seem like they REALLY are there to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Aswell as seeming genuinely interested in how they might be able to improve for next time.
Nice place, would deffinatly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Brisbane International Rocklea. We appreciate your feedback and your recommendations to future fellow travellers.

I am thrilled to hear that our staff have once again proved that they are what sets us apart from the rest. I am very proud of the level of customer service that our staff strive to maintain and your feedback certainly highlights that.

Our menu will be undergoing a few changes in the near future as we have a new chef on board and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you once again for taking the time to offer your feedback and recommendations, and reminding everyone not to judge a book by it’s cover.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I travel the world and stay in many different Hotels. Sometimes the simple gestures make a world of difference. The staff were most helpful when I was lost trying to find my way from the airport, as I arrived late, they could see I was tired they offered to cook me a meal. In the morning the restaurant was open very early and offered a good selection. As a business man they understood that I needed my meal quickly and I was surprised at the quality and price.
Night time meals were excellent with a good variety. I made the right choice to eat in, instead of travelling around looking for a meal. The Manager of the Hotel was a very nice lady, and thanked me for staying. As this Hotel is centrally located in heart of the business area, I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway. The rooms have very good sound proofing but I like to sleep wi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
BneIntl, General Manager at Rocklea International Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Mike

Thank you for your wonderful review.

Our staff are the backbone of our business and I am thrilled that you found them helpful and accommodating.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Property Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane
#1 of 1 in Acacia Ridge
Oxley Motor Inn
Oxley Motor Inn
#147 of 168 in Brisbane

Been to Rocklea International Motel? Share your experiences!