“Wonderful Windsor”

Brisbane International - Windsor
Ranked #26 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 23 February 2014

pool was wonderful and relaxing..room was great..a few minor issues were quickly addressed by wonderful staff especially Martin...Lovely front counter staff even the trainee too..most enjoyable stay..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Hi Donna

Thank you for your great review and your kind words about Martin, and I’m glad you had time to make use of our swimming pool, it’s certainly been great weather for a refreshing dip.

Hope to see you return for another visit soon,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Here for a course 3 night stay
Could not have had better service the staff friendly courteous and very helpful nothing was a bother to them
Especially the lovely lady doing breakfast she just made such a lovely start to each day
The room great great attention to detail daily
And the food WOW everything I tried was fantastic my favorite being the scallops and pancetta pasta
All In all guys you should be very proud of yourselves you are doing a fantastic job

• Stayed: February 2014

Hi Suepat44

What a wonderful review, thank you so much for your kind words.

I have passed your comment on to Deb who is the lovely lady serving breakfast and you’re right, she provides a fantastic start to the day.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and had the chance to sample Francesco’s fabulous menu.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I am a business traveller and appreciate the warm and freindly reception i receive each time I stay at the Windsor. While the rooms are what one would descrivbe as "cosy', the bed is very comfy and the atmoshpere relaxing. Just one minor comment is for staff to check the shower cap packets which on a couple of occassions were empty ( not a big deal; had one delivered promprty when i called front desk as i was in a hurry for a dinner engagement)
and my only suggestion would be to include a nut mix or similar as a healthy snack.
Otherwise, a very pleasant stay...as always. Thank you

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Hi Madame Lash 2013

Thank you for taking the review Brisbane International Windsor. It’s always great to welcome back a familiar face.

I have definitely noted your comments regarding the shower cap and the healthy snack and hopefully we can rectify these issues for your next stay.

As per usual it was absolutely our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Front desk staff are wonderful, so pleasant and welcoming. Clean rooms, the most comfortable beds and pillows. So close to the hospital and most of all it's so quiet, no road noise at night. Even let us leave the car in park after checkout and the pool if we wanted.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Countrytowngirl

Thank you for your very kind review, it’s always great to see how much our guests have enjoyed their stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 5 February 2014

The service was exceptional. The young lady went out of her way to help and nothing was too much trouble. Walking distance to the hospital and even after check out there was no problem leaving our car there whilst we went to the hospital. Will definitely be going back and will recommend the Windsor to anyone I know staying in Brisbane.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Hi Donna Shayne W

What a wonderful review – thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am thrilled that our staff were so helpful and we look forward to welcoming you back to Brisbane International Windsor very soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Booked for 1 night to pick-up guests from airport in early morning. Room good, bed comfy, but sleepless night - A/C was very noisy, and so was the fridge (even though we turned it down to min). Some traffic noise from Lutwyche Rd. A bit of a drive from the airport too - but the tunnel cuts the time if you want to pay the toll. All in all - would book something closer and quieter next time.

Room Tip: get a room off of the road - and check the A/C & fridge noise - if all OK then this will be an O...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Sevvy17

Thank you for taking the time to review Brisbane International Windsor, we appreciate your feedback.

I was disappointed to hear that you had a sleepless night as we are often praised for our comfortable beds and surroundings. I will certainly be having all of our air conditioning units and fridges checked for excessive noise to ensure that they are running as quietly as possible so as not to disturb our guests sleep.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed in 112 (Disabled room), I had the BEST night's sleep I've had in a motel. The bed was so comfortable with a choice of pillows. Brilliant!! The bathroom for a disabled person was fantastic as well. The only drawback was the room was very, very tight to move around with a wheelie-walker and a 2nd person, tight to navigate and no turning room. Management could I suggest a hook or someway of holding the door open whilst getting through? It was really heavy and hard to hold open while pushing walker through. I thought there was a pool but couldn't find it, I did not know there was a gym and "free" internet, and this was our 2nd stay there! I'm sure the directory says a fee for internet? New Years Eve in the room and not a peep of noise got through, loved it! I do remember our last visit was upstairs and exceptionally noisy from the banging of the fire door next to the lift, we were right next to it (can't remember the room number though). This was a medical visit, proximity to RBWH was great, we arrived early and they were very accommodating with an early checkin and only a 5 minute wait for taxi. Fabulous. We will be back without hesitation, and I'll be looking for the pool and Spa?

Room Tip: Disabled room (112) was tight to navigate with a large wheelie-walker, bathroom is great, beds excel...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Rhonda

Thank you for your great review and I’m thrilled that you had such a good night’s sleep.

I have noted the concerns that you have raised with regards to our disabled room and I will certainly do what I can to make this room more user friendly.

We have just recently changed our hotel policy to include FREE wifi so thank you for alerting me to the fact that our in-room material requires updating.

We do have a gym and a pool, please ask our team at Reception to show you around our facilities on your next visit so that you are able to make full use of our amenities.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property.