At the middle of South Bank Parklands and Arts district, and close to train station. However, with occasional rains during our weeklong stay, I can´t keep wondering why there is no continuous covered walk linking all these buildings together. The routing can utilize the underground carparks actually, if not sky bridges. Anyway, this area is like a transit hub with trains, buses, ferries and foot bridges, so I venture out to a different neighborhood everyday, except when it rained hard.
The hotel is rather new, but the equipment seems to be close to expiry stage. E.g. the TV sometimes refused to go on, or switch off to the command of the remote control. I hated to call the technician frequently, so I did the switch at the plug instead. The kettle later developed its own mentality and decided to pop the lid when water was boiling. House keeping changed it. Some ceramic tiles in the bathroom seemed in need of fresh grouting. Maybe that is a reason for renovation work in other parts of the building. I suppose the new owner(?) will refresh all equipments. Because we stay for a week, we noticed the restaurant menu never changed, so were those of other restaurants in the whole area. This brought out the problem of food / vegetable availability in this part of Australia, in spite of near ideal climate for all sorts of vegetation. I understood the high fees the hotel would charge for wifi connection, but I was really surprised that my tablet was loaded with up to date messages on checking in. It was only later that I realized those were down loaded automatically when I was travelling on the train.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra South Bank is conveniently located on Grey Street, opposite the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre and within walking distance of several major tourist attractions including the Queensland Performing Arts Complex, State Art Gallery, Museum and South Bank Parklands. Public transport, including buses, trains and the famous Brisbane River City-Cats are all within walking distance of Mantra South Bank, ensuring all that Brisbane has on offer is right at your doorstep. The hotel offers a range of accommodation options such as hotel rooms, studios, one and two bedroom apartments. All rooms have been stylishly designed to offer guests maximum comfort and feature air-conditioning, mini-bar, plunger coffee & tea making facilities, direct-dial ISDN telephones, voice-mail, broadband internet access (fees apply), LCD televisions and DVD player, in-house movies and personal in-room safes. All Studio rooms have a kitchenette and all apartments feature a fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities and private balconies, some with city views. The property offers guests an array of professional services and facilities including a 24 hour reception desk, 24 hour concierge, 24 hour room service, on site Stone Restaurant & Bar, gym, pool and spa. Small conferences for up to 48 delegates can be catered for in 'The Boardroom' or 'Meeting Room' and for larger functions, Stone Restaurant & Bar can cater for up to 150 guests. Combined with the close proximity to Brisbane's major attractions, Mantra South Bank is the ideal choice for business and leisure travellers looking for comfort and convenience. **THIS IS A NON SMOKING HOTEL** Business Facilities Small conferences for up to 48 delegates can be catered for in 'The Boardroom' or 'Meeting Room' and for larger functions, Mantra South Bank's Stone Restaurant & Bar can cater for up to 150 guests. Every guest room has Broadband internet connection and secretarial support can be arranged. Fax and copying services are also available for an additional fee. Check In Instructions: (hours of operation) Check in 1400hrs Check out 1000hrs Check in is from 2pm, if you do arrive earlier we can store your luggage for you. Check out time is 10am. You will be required to leave either a credit card imprint or a $250 refundable security deposit along with photo ID on check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Prestigia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra South Bank, Brisbane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra South Bank Brisbane
- Mantra South Bank Hotel Brisbane