Mantra South Bank, Brisbane
Pullman Brisbane King George Square(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$110
US$103
Mercure
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$98
Agoda.com
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$81
  • Pool
Hotel Urban Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$85
  • Pool
Oaks Festival Towers(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$104
Trip.com
  • Fitness centre
US$244
US$187
Aabon Apartments & Motel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$75
2,070 results
All reviewssouth bankgreat locationvalet parkingtrain linegrey streettrain noisecity viewart galleryacross the roadthe riverstudio roomking bedgreat place to stayshort walkbusiness tripbuffet breakfastgreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights here recently, and were very favourably impressed.
Our room was one of the larger ones, with good sized bedroom, separate sitting room, kitchenette, and washing machine and dryer.
Well maintained, clean and comfortable. Good air conditioning. Bed firm but comfortable.
Bathroom was large, good facilities.
We did not eat on-site.
This place is right in central South Bank, so cafes, bars and restaurants everywhere.
Very convenient location, and taxi rank just outside.
Recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed at this Hotel last night. Hotel is in the perfect position for all the South Bank attractions, show venues and the Exhibition Centre. We stayed in a Studio Room, very good size, clean, mini bar and great bed. Check in was easy with friendly and efficient staff with nobody else waiting to check in. My wife and I were to meet some friends so I asked for my bags to be sent up. We waited 20 minutes and no bags and calls from friends asking where we were. I rang down and asked about our bags and was told "Yes sir, we will send them up right away." Another 20 minutes and we got our bags. (Normally this wouldn't be a problem but with no rush and asking for my bags to be sent up - JUST FORGOT US).
The street Bar is an excellent area to meet friends and relax whilst watching what happens in and around the Hotel.
Next morning we decided to skip breakfast and leave about 0900. Because there is no parking we had the Valet car parking ($35 per 24 hrs). It was suggested that you ring 10 to 15 minutes prior to give them time to bring your car around. This I did. Got downstairs, checked out and again only person at checkout. Waited 20 minutes (now 35 minutes) and after two people who checked out after me had got their cars I went and asked about my car. Conversation - "Yes, your car should be on the way but I will check" and away the young man went and came back a minute later and said." Sorry sir, I will go and get your car now." 7 minutes later I had my car.
Very apologetic, but again JUST FORGOT US. There must be some system somewhere in management software that will stop this happening.
I am a Rydges customer and usually stop with them across the way but because friends were here we decided to stay here. I like the Hotel and will no doubt stop again, but the staff need to value their customers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We just stayed at the Mantra South Brisbane. The room was very nice and the restaurant had great food, but we unprepared for, and annoyed to be charged an extra $35 a night to park the car, plus 2% to pay by credit card, and although we booked a king size bed, we only realised at bedtime that it was just a queen size.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Had an overnight stay in this hotel . Big rooms great location by the restaurants . Try Ahmets Turkish restaurant across road from hotel we had a lovely meal there. Nice buffet breakfast in morning room big clean and comfortable

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was there 2 nights for business. The area cannot be beat for resturants and bars. The room is very clean, the mattresses near perfect.Breakfast this moring was ok, nothing special. The coffee machine wasn't working correctly, so my Latte had no milk in it. Apparently, they were short on staff this morning because all of the available tables had not been cleaned yet. The bathroom and shower were clean and had no probems. (plenty of ot water) The hotel advertizes a heated pool and hot tub.If the pool was heated, it was hard to tell. The hot tub was not functional when I arrived, but was supposedly fixed on the second day.When I tried it on the second day, it again did not work………so I was very dissappointed.
My personal feeling is that the hotel is nice and well located, but not for $450 a night, which is what I was charged. In addition, that DID NOT include internet service. Internet service was yet another $27 a day. I went down to the front desk and commented and they offered me 3 days service for $30 which is still too much considering the hotels daily cost, but it was a considerable improvement. (which I did appreciate)
I noticed in some other reviews were they slammed the staff & front desk personal, but I found them polite and helpful in all cases. So I would return to this hotel, but only if my employer was paying the bill.
FYI, the 8-13th floors are apartments…………..so I wonder how that plays into the daily hotel costs?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business