“Great location and avg quality. ”

Mantra South Bank, Brisbane
Ranked #32 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
“Great location and avg quality. ”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I usually like to stay high end hotel but this time, I was very busy to book any hotel at South Bank and I had no idea where to stay. I knew the location of Mantra so I booked this one at last min. Only 14 hours before I actually checked in. I just booked the cheapest one coz only one night and I and my niece were going to spend most of our time at Sputh Bank park.

Great location to explore around South Bank! Bellboys are awesome! They were very friendly and were super fast whatever they do!! Tip them pls! :)
Front desk was ok...not that really friendly but not that mean either. Brestfast buffet wasnt that good but compare to what I paid to the room it was ok... I think. I and my niece (4yrs old) only had a toast with strawberries.

Overall I was very surprised with good quality but you still have to deal with noise problem. I can clearly hear what other guests were talking abt.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank lovelydaytoyou
Rebecca W, Front Office Manager at Mantra South Bank, Brisbane, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear lovelydaytoyou,

Thank you for posting a review on our hotel and fantastic team. Mantra South Bank is a great place to visit and stay!

Although our buffet breakfast didnt meet your expectations on this occasion, I'm glad you had the time to relax in our resturant and have a bite to eat before starting the day with your niece. I'm disappointed you could hear other guests during your stay, this is not a regular occurence as our rooms are well sound proofed.

We are very happy that you experienced such great service form our concierge on arival and throughout your stay with us. No request is too big or too small for them.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your review.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Indonesian first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was there for work on a conference at the BCC. The location was excellent! Close to South Bank and short walk in to town centre. 1-2 minute walk to BCC. The room was really overpriced though (around $260 AUD) which was ridiculous and they didn't even have free WIFI in the room or breakfast with that price. The staff were really friendly so I can't fault the staff at all, and with the price, this may be around the norm for that area?? But considering I've stayed at much nicer hotels for less, it was disappointing. My room was facing the rear of the building and near a train track which made it a bit noisy although I didn't notice it during the night (maybe they don't run then?). The room was very clean, tidy and decorated nicely in a neutral type of decor. There was a great little coffee stand/cafe across the road which I would recommend for your morning fix. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the train tracks. Although not sure if people facing the road side had mu...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ellebee2000
Dear ellebee1233,

Thank you for your review, we are glad you expereinced such great service from our team and that the cleanliness and facilities in the room you booked met your expectations. Mantra South Bank is definitely a great place to stay when attending a conference at the Convention Centre.

We offer many differnet room types with different outlooks to suit all budgets. Our rates are very competitive with the same star rated hotels in Brisbane. All our rooms are double glazed so although you may see the train lines, the rooms are still very quiet.

Give us a call next time you're in town to see what special deals we have and so we can book you into a room with a beautiful view of the river and city!

Kindest regards,
Ferntree Gully
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed on business, found the staff friendly and very helpful. Stones has limited seating and gets a bit crowded, however the meals are certainly above average and compete with the many outstanding restaurants in the area. Room was clean and well serviced.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear rajhFerntreeGully,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are truly pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team looked after you so well. Our rooms are very well looked after and maintained to ensure all our guests are happy and comfortable.

Stone restaurant has a great menu and a very relaxing atmosphere for all to enjoy. We are glad you took the time to experience a great meal and brilliant service.

See you again next time you're in South Bank!

Kind regards,
Mooloolaba, Australia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We got this hotel on a $160.00 wotif deal for a studio apartment with breakfast, for these purposes the stay was fine.
If it was my own money, I wouldn't be over the moon - particularly at a normal rate of around $260 I believe.
Wifi and valet parking ($35) is on top of the expensive rooms.
The location is great, walking distance to GOMA and every restaurant in the area, however I think the only reason people would stay here is that it is cheaper than the one other chain hotel in the area.
Room is okay, bed is pretty average and area is big and nothing in it.
Shame that they aren't providing anything above and beyond.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Madison B
Royce C, Front Office Manager at Mantra South Bank, Brisbane, responded to this review, 11 November 2016
Dear Madison B,
I am disappointed to read your review, at Mantra we try to exceed our guest expectations and it appears on this occasion we have failed. I will be sure to use comments made in your review to address any issues in the hotel to ensure we improve for the future. I hope you may return to stay again soon.
Kind Regards,
Royce Cleaver
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Parking, parking. They don't have much on site, it is common that they remove your vehicle and park elsewhere at Southbank. If you need constant access to your vehicle, your buggered.
We had ours on site as I had to get my husbands mobility scooter and oxygen bottles from it.
It was expensive at over $30 a night.
On our leaving, I found under the windscreen, a notice of towing. They were going to tow my vehicle and charge me for the fees as the porter had not logged my rego details properly. To say, I was disgusted, is a bit under the scale. I need access to my vehicle as per above, and spoke to many people about it over the weekend yo ensure they didn't move it off site. This was a lack of communication, and I did question them, that if in fact, it was towed away, who was responsible? I did get a reply, but no answers to any of my questions.
Other than that, ensure you book a city view otherwise you will end up amongst all the other high rise apartments, where it's dark, cold and noisy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Aus
Reviewed 9 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I stayed here for 5 days attending a conference just down the road at the conference centre. It is just a 5 min walk. Surrounded by restaurants and other amenities - found it terrific.

Room was fantastic - spacious, very clean, well-appointed. Room service was good too.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Collinsville, Australia
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Great location, but the room is not really worth the price tag. One bedroom apartment is small, they only give you four sachets of coffee, no complimentary biscuits. Good mini bar selection but my apartment had no charge list for those items.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo