“Location, location, location....and price”

Manor Apartment Hotel
Ranked #21 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Spent two nights at Manor Apartments last week, chosen on the basis of TA reviews. Spot on, as usual. The location was ideal - easy travel by Airtrain, close to good cafes, bars, restaurants (Brisbane has changed since my last trip several years ago! - highly recommend Survey Co. for dinner), and a short pleasant walk to the Arts precinct, Southbank and the Exhibition Centre. Bonus was the food market by the river on Wednesday - as good as any I've seen. The studio apartment was very well-priced, if a little tired around the edges in places. Breakfast was great; not flash but good home-style selection. I'd probably go for a 1-bedroom apartment next time, but would definitely choose Manor. Note that rooms are only serviced every 2 days, which presumably helps keep costs down, but you can pay for extra servicing if you want it. All staff were pleasant and helpful. Definitely recommend for business or leisure travel.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MazTravel

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Recently stayed at this apartment hotel in a studio room (traditional hotel room).

Fantastic location, good connection to public transport (I was slow on the up take on that one), taxi rank outside).

Studio room is well appointed, but be aware that the desk is pointing away from the TV if you like to work and watch TV at night.

The room is only serviced every other day, and as a studio there is no sink so you have to wash your own cups, glasses, plates etc in the bathroom sink and there is no dishwashing liquid.

Reception is not fully manned on weekends, but there were excellent arrangement for arrival outside those times which worked well.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Overall, recommend this hotel, good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
ManorApartments, Owner at Manor Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit the view. All feedback is crucial to us as we constantly strive to improve our service.
Our studios are designed for short stays and have tea/coffer making facilities only. On the other hand our 1 bedroom, superiior 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments all have fully equiped kitchens. and this is all clearly defined on our website.
We will endeavor to ensure that those booking Studios are aware of the facilitios
Regards
Robert
Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Stayed here with my daughter for one night in a 2 bedroom apartment on 9th floor. We each had our own bathrooms and the size of the apartment was great. Beds were very comfortable, although one was certainy harder than the other (I took the firm one!). Both bedrooms have double glazing on the windows so were very quiet. The only issue I could complain about was that I hate the heat and humidity and you needed to leave a key in the room for the aircon to work.

My sister and brother-in-law stayed in a studio room which they were very happy with also and no key needed to keep the aircon on. The studio room was large, had a fantastic sized shower and tea and coffee making facilities.

Our apartment had a full kitchen, washing machine and dryer and internet (although annoyingly you have to pay for this) but 3G had full bars so didn't use it. I wasn't expecting the included continental breakfast to be good but it was fantastic! Staff were extremely helpful and polite and nothing was too much trouble. Airtrain is a short walk away, Woolworths just up the road for milk etc. I would stay here again in a heartbeat - and I'm known for my love of 5 star accommodation!

Room Tip: We had apartment 43 and studio room 44B. I did ask that both bedrooms have a window as some places...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Blackjenmay
ManorApartments, Owner at Manor Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit the review. It is most encouraging for all of us at The Manor to recieve such positive comments and very rewarding to satify our guests needs. We look forward to looking after you again next time you are in Brisbane.
Robert

Reviewed 20 January 2013

After cruise tour we flew from Auckland to Brisbane stayed in this apartment. From airport to Apt was not too long by taxi but costed us 43 dollar. Location for this Apt is very very good. Just on Queen Street near Mall as well as Centre Station. When we left Apt. we took train to airport which is very convenient and cheap. Apartment is very big, clean and quite. If we visit Brisbane next time, we will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Great location, wonderful owners and staff, comfortable and clean rooms. Nice breakfast was included and our apartment also had a kitchen and washer and dryer. We visited just before Christmas and had a great time walking everywhere and watching the holiday parade.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Diana C
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

You won't be disappointed. It's right in the heart of the city. Everything in walking distance. We came by car parked out the front to unload and used the car park as directed. So wot it was $28 for the whole stay of one night. If u factor in that breakfast is included and the rooms are very well presented a d the location u won't find better. U can come and go with ur car as u like.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank g4defender
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Having never been in Brisbane before I didn't know what to expect. I arrived late at night and was spending 10 nights here. I was worried about where I was being put up by my company but there was no need to worry at all. It was seconds from Queen Street Mall, Restaurants, and central train station. My room was really clean and was great to have a laundry so I could wash all my clothes for my long trip. Breakfast was so good and had everything you'd need to get the day off to a good start. Staff were really helpful and always nice to chat to.

I will be back here if I ever go to Brisbane again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business