“Excellent City Centre Accommodation”

Manor Apartment Hotel
Ranked #14 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent City Centre Accommodation”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Visited Brisbane from England with a group of friends to watch the first Test of the disastrous Ashes Tour (my first visit to Australia). We decided on this style of accommodation instead of our usual 5-Star hotel rooms, and were not disappointed. The location is perfect, just a short walk from Central Station (trains to the Airport), and with the City Centre, river front & Eagle Street Pier bars & restaurants right on our doorstep. The reception staff (and indeed the people of Brisbane) could not have been more friendly and helpful. The apartments themselves were first class - clean, spacious & well-equipped. I was expecting to have to prepare a "self-catering" breakfast every morning, but there is no need - the breakfast on offer was really good quality. A most enjoyable stay - just a shame our cricketers ruined the party!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My husband, my adult daughter and I stayed at Manor Apartment Hotel for two nights for a birthday. It is close to just about everything - Queen St Mall, the river restaurants, Central Station and Southbank ferries. Staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. As it was my daughter's birthday, we were kindly upgraded to a one bedroom apartment and adjoining studio in place of two studios. These were both beautifully appointed and only recently renovated.
The decor is beautiful and the finishes are high end with great attention to detail, and the price we paid was very reasonable. The included continental breakfast was quite substantial and consisted of all types of bread for toast, complete with quality jams, hot hard boiled eggs, cereals, fruit and cold meats and cheese. Ray the breakfast manager made us feel as though we were in the home of a friend.
We had an issue with hot water, which seemed to be a boiler problem. This was dealt with promptly and Andrew called back to let us know it was fixed.
i love that the history of the building is obviously important to the owners. This is a hotel I cannot speak highly enough of, and i will definitely return anytime I am in Brisbane. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My parents and I stayed at this property for one night in January. We had stayed there previously and LOVE the location - so central to shopping in and around Queen Street mall, dining precincts, Central Station (for public transport and AirTrain to the airport) and the CBD. You couldn't ask for a better spot to base yourself in the city. The rooms are reasonably spacious for inner city apartments, the staff are friendly, the rates are reasonable (again, for the location) and the free breakfast is a great bonus to kick-start the day. The room was quiet and the beds were extremely comfortable, even for my parents who have trouble with their backs from time to time. I thoroughly recommend this property and hope to visit again soon myself.

Room Tip: If you prefer a quiet room it may be worth requesting this or opting for a room on a higher floor. O...
Esher, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Spent three nights at this delightful hotel just before Christmas.Our apartment was quiet, well-designed and very comfortable. The hotel is very well situated - close to the centre, good shops, transport etc, and, just five minutes walk from the river with its wonderful waterfront and excellent restaurants.Our stay at the hotel was enhanced by the presence on reception of Andrew, who could not have been more pleasant and helpful - and, he knows his history! Brisbane itself was the biggest surprise of our seven week Australian trip - a modern, lively, relaxed and very enjoyable city.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here for New Year. I was a little sceptical as I hadn't heard much about this hotel. On arrive we where greeted by I presume the manager. The most helpful, hands on and intelligent manager I've met in a hotel in some time. We got our keys and went to our room, brilliant apartment situated on the first floor. All modern furnishing, thick walls and very clean. The best part about the stay was the breakfast man. An older gentelman, he is such a sweetheart and has everybody smiling in the morning! (i would say their best asser!) next time you travel to Brisbane, I highly recommend this hotel more so than others. At such a reasonable price, you get value and luxury!

Megan Copping

• Stayed January 2014
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Manor Apartment Hotel was the perfect place to stay. We stayed just one night with 2 adults and 2 children. It would have been very comfortable for a much longer stay. Fantastic location and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again, particularly for a longer stay.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed for New Year's Eve. I had to make last minute changes to my reservation and they were very understanding. The hotel is in a great location - very handy to the city centre - but there were no noise issues. The room was spacious and well-designed. Bed was very comfortable. I would return, and I am pretty picky about hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo