“Cheap hotel more like a backpackers”
Review of Snooze Inn

Snooze Inn
Ranked #150 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Clean rooms , clean sheets and pillows Very small rooms with even smaller ensuite Hair dryer test and tag sticker was done in 2006 and to be reinspected in 2007 Communal kichen cooking goes through the whole place including rooms when someone cooks a meal loud creaky floor so you can hear every footstep during the night l was in a front room which you can hear the traffic pretty clearly but the aircon/heater cuts the noise out First hotel l have been that also gives you 2 shampoos instead of a shampoo and a conditioner l asked my work collegues who were there also and they had the same

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PaulyjCairns

Reviewed 7 June 2011

We recently stayed for one night so that we could catch the train the next morning to Brisbane airport. It was a short uphill walk from Fortitude Valley railway station. Directions on the website are eay to follow.
We had Room 25. Room was fairly small but was clean. There was a small fridge and coffee making facilities. It suited our purposes for a short stay.
We got there after 8pm and this was the time that reception had closed. We just followed the instructions on the door to access our room key.
A downside was that there was no lift which could be a problem if you are not able to lug your own suitacases up or down stairs.
We never saw any staff so we cannot comment on service.
Hotel was also within walking distance of takeaway food. This place is a viable alternative to the other airport hotels if you wish to catch the train to the airport and it is cheaper too. I will also be lodging a review of the Airolodge Hotel Brisbane.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2011

This was a great budget hotel, the bed was comfortable and room was very clean. Location was ok, only a few minutes walk into the valley and 10/15 minutes walk into the city. There was even a communal kitchen.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Another hotel had messed up my booking, and Jacqueline came to my rescue! I could not have been happier with the friendliness and helpfulness of the family team in charge. The room was clean, quiet and excellent value, and this made my short stay so welcoming and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Nice little cheapy hotel. Family run and nice and clean. Good beds and crisp linen. Rooms are small but git all neccessary for a sleep n go. Downstairs rooms bit noisy from footsteps and movements on level above ... Bring earplugs. Good communal kitchen. Area a bit dodgy but only 10 min walk to life. Recommended for budget concious or those that just need a clean, quiet bed.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Great little place...apart from beng at the wrong end of the valley...bit dodgy at night.

I booked this for one night purely to get over my jet lag after travelling from the UK. I was staying on a friends floor...and didnt want to be in her way knowing that I would be jetlagged, so I got to Brisbane a day earlier.

I picked this accom for a couple of reasons...
1 ) its right on the airtrain line so very easy when with luggage
2 ) it was a good price ($99) - book through their website and no booking fees are extra!
3 ) the valley is up all night...so if I was jetlagged and woek up at 2am I knew I would be able to get something to eat.

I like the valley. Its a bit rough around the edges..but act confident adn use your common sense and you will be fine.

Perfect place for young couples and singles just getting into Brisbane. Probably not so great for people that want luxury and space.

Budget and small...but clean, quiet and low key.

Pictures are attached.
oh and there is free internet, a kitchen downstairs and a fridge and hairdryer in the room.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2010

We spent half an hour trying to find anything in Brisbane and the only reason we didn't call this place earlier was the location.
We were wrong. Completely safe. Very clean. Fantastic price!
Only issue was no parking at the premises which wasn't an issue at the end. Parking was at valley metro for $10 for 24 hours. We caught the train into town which ended being cheaper than parking in town.

• Stayed: November 2010