“terrible place to stay”
Review of Snooze Inn

Snooze Inn
Ranked #159 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 8 May 2008

I stayed at Aucheflower apartments managed by Snooze Inn. The room was definitely dirty. There was no weekly cleaning service as advertised for long stay. Total absence of assistance, Requests of assistance ignored. The place looks abandoned. I will definitely not recommend it. It is probably better two spend a few dollar more but to have the services you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank reviwerNBFI
redaeme, Guest Relations Manager at Snooze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2010

Dear former guest, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the Snooze Inn. As the new owners, since early 2010, we would like to inform you that we have made various improvements to the motel since your time of visit. Not only has the quality of customer serviced increased, so has the standards of our room, and the competitiveness of our rates. We would encourage you to stay with us again, and experience these changes first-hand.

Reviewed 6 May 2008

i've stayed here twice now, and i can say that i have not been disappointed. the staff are friendly and helpful. the rooms are bright and clean (yes, they are compact, but they are certainly comfortable). the bathrooms are tight, but clean. the communal kitchen and internet computers is a nice area to use. the doonas are the best part of staying here - they are so cuddly!! on the downside, if you go to bed early, you will probably hear everyone else coming home late, the corridors creak a little, and you can hear people talking as they pass.. but that's hardly a problem when you consider the price and the location - which is very close to brunswick street train station(half a block), and a short walk (about a block) from fortitude valley mall where they have markets on the weekends and plenty of cafes to try out! i will stay here everytime i go to brisbane!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdventurerAmyAP
Reviewed 5 December 2007

The photos on their website looked much better than the dinginess of this "hotel". It is more like a backpackers' standard. There was no internet cable or hair dryer in the room like advertised and only one computer available for common internet access. The window has about a foot gap before a high brick wall and that was about the view. The room was extremely small. The staff were very friendly, though.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank Nonblondie
Reviewed 18 August 2007

I stayed here for a week and can recommend it heartily. The room was clean and the staff, well the two girls I had dealings with at any rate, were great.

As for the seediness of surrounding area mentioned in the some reviews, it's true to a certain extent but I never had any problems. And Brunswick Street Mall is around the corner and it's one of the centre's for nightlife - a bit young for me perhaps at weekends! - and has some great restaurants. Brisbane's china town is close by and the city isn't too far away.

Given the wide swing in the reviews about the place here, I wasn't sure if I was making the right decision when I booked. I can say now that I did!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank DGF69
Reviewed 1 August 2007

I do not know what it is with this hotel and either 1* or 5* reviews. Its clean but very average and although not that expensive I would class it as a top end back packer place rather than a hotel. I would have expected more for my money from a hotel in a very mixed location, close to the CBD but with some rough elements.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank johndw
Reviewed 26 July 2006

Booked this hotel 2 months prior to stay. On arriving the VERY young boys at reception could not find our booking. Their excuse was that they had lost all bookings due to a computer crash. After explaining that they should have had an email from me on their system this was found and booking confirmed with vague apologies and some rubbish about the computer crash having happened at xmas...I'd booked in march..After this bad start I was actually pleased by the quality of the room. Very modern and clean, nice bathroom, but the place is very new so this is what I'd expected (except for the nice view of the underground carpark next door though..). On returning quite late on the first night we found that there are quite literally NO STAFF on site, except for the fella's loudly lugging a rather large piece of furniture down the corridor leaving the front door open ( all at midnight???). We also witnessed a new customer trying to gain access at the locked door. He pressed the buzzer and was put through to a call centre where they gave him an access code to open the door!!!! The code given for his room door did not work and he gave up in disgust. This same system also applied when my companion locked himself out of the building that same night, he buzzed the call centre and was told that a security patrol would arrive to let him in - leaving him standing outside alone, as a female I would not have relished that idea if it had been me. All up, it seemed to me that by cutting corners on staff they have really let themselves down. The lack of experience/training really showed - seemed like they just had their mates around minding the shop..

Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank stemmed
Reviewed 24 July 2006

My husband and I are both professionals used to staying in places that are clean, quiet, well-managed and safe. Before leaving for our trip, I had second thoughts about the Snooze Inn based on a couple of reviews that suggested the neighbourhood was sketchy. I'm glad we didn't cancel our reservations! The Fortitude Valley area is like any other city area that is out of the main highly touristy (read: artificial) area. There were real people living out their real lives. Yes, there were some homeless people around but this is true in most cities I have visited; at no time did I feel unsafe or threatened. As for the Snooze Inn itself - it is FANTASTIC. The rooms are extremely small but everything about them is excellent quality - from the shower heads to the down-filled duvets. And the mattress was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The hotel was quiet (I had feared a backpacker crowd but it was all professional travelers who were visiting) and clean (even the shared kitchen area where free breakfast is available). The location was GREAT - within easy walking distance to downtown. I would highly recommend the Snooze Inn - for location, cleanliness, friendliness of the staff, comfort, and overall value. It can't be beat!!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple