“After hours assistance was required but none came” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Snooze Inn

Snooze Inn
Ranked #128 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Rockhampton, Australia
“After hours assistance was required but none came”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

When entering inn with my wife approx 2200 hrs confronted by adult male half undressed hand down front yelling top of his voice towards our room. We went into our room he followed and tried to get us to stop. Anyway yelling at people in room opposite continued. I called reception for assistance, no answer. I rang the after hours number explained situation she said stay on line I will contact manager. She never got back to me. I hanged up noise and abuse continued I was feeling for myself and wife safety. I rang after hours again different woman this time and I said they should call police she said I will contact manager again. I did not here from anyone for the rest of the night. In the morning I talked to the sub manager at reception and he said all that happened was the Manager just rang the offending room and told them to stay quiet.
Not good enough. I WILL NEVER EVER STAY AT THAT PLACE AGAIN.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Graeme C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

My mates and I stay here everytime we come to the fortitude valley, 5 minute walk from the train station, night clubs, and the from the RNA showgrounds, spotlessly clean rooms, no hassle in check in checkout, quiet and affordable, what more could you want in a budget hotel!

• Stayed May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Clean, comfy, quiet, and good rate for something in the city. A very good offering in area with available evening free street parking until 9am. We chose this place because we had to get out of Bunk Backpackers down the road, and this was cheaper and wayyyy better. Snooze inn is nothing fancy but it was clean, which is what we were mostly concerned with.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hervey Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

great value, the walls may be a little but you are getting a spotless room and free wi-fi in the city close to everthing you need, also the secure parking for $15/24hrs is a bonus! we have absolutley no complaints.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Bracebridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a great place if your looking for a good deal opposed to the Ritz. The rooms are small, contains a fridge, kettle, t.v., safe, and washroom complete with shower, and daily houskeeping. It has great air conditioning and is very clean. Rooms like these generaly meet all of my needs, as I don,t spend much time in the them while vacationing.
Downstairs there is a microwave, sink, irons, place to iron, laundry facilities ( for a smalll fee), computers, a long table where my father and I had a meal I made a few times. There is where you will find, the multiple broucheres with the fun stuff to do. The desk staff are excellent, and made check in very easy, they helped to carry our bags to the room, although I said it wasn,t really necc. They helped me with transportation back to the airport, and that proved to be a lot cheaper than a taxi or the $20 per person for a shuttle from the airport. I can,t remember the name for the company but they found it on line for me and cost us $30 total.

There is a mall and lots of stores just around the corner. The train station is in the mall and makes getting around very easy and affordable. It cost $5.50 for a train ticket to South Bank, where I caught the city cat (essentialy a water taxi) that cruises the Brisbane River. Now that ticket include the city cat. I got off at Riverside had coffee right there, proceeded upstairs and caught a free bus ( the hopper) that makes a loop around the major areas of Brisbane. Got off at Adelaide Street where there is a huge outdoor mall. It cost slightly less to make the trip back to the Snooze Inn.
The Snooze Inn provided a great central , affordable, and quiet place to sleep comfortabley. Again its small, but I thought the price was right. I would definately stay there again should I have the good fortune to return to Brisbane.

Room Tip: I,m glad I had a room on the main floor. My room was close to the main door. This served me well...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Chosen for its location near the fortitude valley station and amenities, this hotel was very affordable. The front desk service was friendly and helpful. The room was small, but perfectly fine if you are just looking for a place to sleep. The room had a good air con machine, own bathroom, and offered stunning views of a brick wall. The walls (or passageway doors rather) were a little too thin, and for much of the night we could hear an upset girl who screamed at her boyfriend for 2 hours because he didn't make an appearance that night on the dancefloor for a new years eve kiss!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank landersonic
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Luckily my boyfriend and i have a great sense of humour, and found it funny when we opened the blinds and were literally greeted with a red brick wall :D VERY close to the train station, literally 3 minutes walk to it, and 5 minutes to chinatown! Wireless included and fast! Staff leave you do to your thing without much intervention. Rooms clean. Good aircon. TINY bathroom. My boyfriend and I stayed in the queen standard room (the bed was two twins stuck together?) but i didnt find the room too small for us, and we were there a week. Good value for what it is, enjoy!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple