“Needs more then a good clean”
Review of Snooze Inn

Snooze Inn
Ranked #159 of 170 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

This place stinks. Room 20 is down in the cellar and must have had some serious moisture and mold damage. I opened the window and looked into a wall of graffiti, 40 cm away. The stench did not want to go away. Air condition made it slightly better and the noise of it put me to sleep for a couple of hours. Yes they do have Foxtel on a small 17 inch monitor and the internet works fine. Just could not get out of the smell quick enough. At 79 dollars what do you expect you may say, but I am astounded that this place get some favorable reviews as they seriously need to clean this place up and rip up that fowl carpet. Take my advise, stay well clear of this bunker and it makes a cell without smell a great alternative.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Fredrik U

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Well, maybe it was a joke, it was so bad it must have been.

My business partner booked this hotel for an overnight stay in Brisbane, the only worse place to spend the night would have been sleeping on the street.

Broken light fittings, mould in the shower.

It wasn't all bad.

Really good WiFi and Foxtel

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 25 February 2014

It's not great. But when you pay just over 100$ a night, what do you expect?

Location is great. My friend and I got it just so we could go clubbing in Brisbane and have a place to crash. Which thats what it was ideal for. What you're paying for is the location, just in walking distance of the clubs.

What you don't get, is comfort, space or a view. It was two single beds pushed together to look like a double. There was no kitchen or anything, this was legitimately, a room. You have your bed and bathroom. The bed fills up the whole room. Theres a tv in a cardboard. We were surprised how small it was and asked reception where was a microwave so we could make dinner.

There was a common room, which was a public kitchen that grossed me out being concerned for the cleanliness of it. Microwave didn't work. I ended up not eating.

Basically, if you need a safe, clean, no security, no fuss place to stay for a night out on the town. This is for you. Just keep your expectations low.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Georgina E
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Turning up to the hotel, the young girl at reception no booking for me but had me booked for the previous night. I asked for parking which she could not describe where to go, so I had no choice but to leave the car in the side street. Not overly happy with this, when close to train station, puns and strip clubs! Got to my room that you couldn't swing a cat in. Smells musty. Open the window to see barbed wire! Didn't feel safe for a lady alone. Shower had alot of mould in it too.Im sure it's what you pay for. But nit for me

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kirsty J
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This place is very close to the train station (like 2 minutes walk), and close to shops and a food court. The train station has two stops into the city, and there are also 2 hire car locations within 5 minutes walk. The room I stayed in was very small, but at $79 it was reasonable and I had fast free internet and nice cold AC which I used every night.

Best thing for me where I stayed I actually could not hear traffic at all, obviously you can hear people walk about at night but I actually slept very well. I would stay here again if I were in Brisbane, good inexpensive accommodation and friendly people.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scott V
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

This was a great find. It was our first visit to Brisbane and we needed somewhere to stay close to Fortitude Valley where we were picking up our camper van from.

We checked in late and collected our keys from the lock box just inside the main door which was a breeze. The rooms are small (as they mention in their own description) but have everything you need.

The rooms were clean and tidy. Wardrobe space, a small fridge, a desk, coffee and tea making equipment. The shower is powerful and the bathroom was clean but small.

Very fast Internet in every room. This was essential for me as I was researching more about our trip.

The hotel is located close enough to Fortitude Valley to be a really short walk away but far enough away to avoid the noise from the late night bars.

Top tip: you can get a $4 breakfast about 5mins away at Fatboys Cafe which is also great value for money.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed at the Snooze Inn for a week and was not at all disappointed with my decision. It was however my first stay but can easily recommend it. On reception, a young gentleman welcomed me and helped me the formalities. Though the process was a bit lengthy and time consuming but the reward was amazing. Happy with the room on first floor, clean and spacious with king sized bed comfortable enough. Towels in the washroom were fresh and there were enough toiletries as well. No complaints for the room service. The window was a bit too tight to open but the room was well aerated. Internet was complimentary in the lobby though I didn’t used it. Liked the food which was wholesome and worthy. A special mention to the staff and owner of the hotel for making my week long stay a memorable one.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo