“Deluxe king room”

Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane
Ranked #44 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

New hotel
Awesome bed most comfy I've slept on in a long time and remote block out blinds are the best idea
Good service
Some construction noise nearby
Short walk to near bye queens st
Parking and breakfast a little expensive need to do more of an inclusive price

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evo81
fourpointsbrisbane, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! I agree that our Comfort beds are amazing and make for a great nights sleep - I'm delighted you enjoyed them. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Brad Mercer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I travel very often to Brisbane for business and I have decided to try the new Sheraton. Brand new hotel. The rooms are small but very comfortable and extremely modern. Parking is $45 but possibly that's more less the fee for all city hotels. If you are after quality and you don't worry about large space, Sheraton would be an excellent affordable choice for a modern new hotel in an excellent location in Brisbane.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for your feedback following your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the service and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your constructive comments regarding the price of car parking is much appreciated as it is only through feedback such as yours that changes and improvements can be made.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This rather new hotel has a LONG way to go in relation to training to meet the minimum standards of being an acceptable SPG hotel. From the moment I arrived there were issues with my booking that 2 different duty managers could not repair. This was despite the hotel being sent an email, being phoned the night before arrival and being told when people were checking in NOT to mix up multiple bookings from a Platinum SPG member. Alas despite my efforts to make clear what was on paper the hotel managed to stuff things up.The issues I encountered are too long to discuss here but the what is in question was the the hotels processes for repairing their multitude of errors. First it was to say "she’ll be right mate" that someone had booked into a higher level booking handed over the booking reference number and was subsequently given the lowest grade room in the hotel. If you book a suite for one person and broom cupboard for another it is not ok to say “What’s the problem? You still got your two rooms?” The only problem with that line of thought is the person who paid for the suite is in the broom cupboard and the person paying for the broom cupboard is in the suite!!

It is now 4 days later and I am sick and tired of telling the girls in the kitchen that guests will not be paying for breakfast because your front end and managers can’t get their act together.

Without a doubt this has been the most disappointing experience I have possibly ever had at ANY SPG property from around the world. My guests left with a bad taste in their mouths and were critical of the hotel as well. The hotels attempt at repairing the issue was to put them in an accessible river view room. the only problem was they were not in the a river front view but rather over the construction pit. I can not recommend this hotel.

As a Platinum member, they thought I was a Gold member at check in, they only discovered hours later when I proved to them that I was Platinum. Did I get my free internet? My morning breakfast as a choice? No. Did I need to contest these fees? Yes. Disappointing experience at this hotel. Definitely needs to lift is game in a major way. This all started with human error and not paying attention, followed by poor resolution solutions being offered. When you stuff up own your mistakes and go above and beyond to repair the issues.

ROOMS: Small. 25-28meters for a week visit is just too small. The beds are not comfortable. The choice of pillows is either hard and large in feature or hard and large in something else. There is no variety on offer. I feel like my head was on a 90 degree angle all night affecting the ability to sleep well. Have a shower? Well in my room there is a grate for the water but instead it floods the toilet area and I have to use all the towels in the room to dry it up. There really are very few redeeming features about the room. I know, the fridge is nice and cold and there are floor to ceiling windows (surrounded by two very close buildings, providing no privacy)!!!!

Edit: After leaving I was charged an additional $500 for something they could not even tell me what it was! I needed SPG to fix up points that went missing from my stays, spent in excess of 1 hour on the phone to different people to get issues sorted after check out. Back to the drawing board with this hotel and their management. Maybe this could start with the GM. He could at least say hello to one guest on his walk through the lobby, instead of being invisible as he glided through. I didn't see him stop to talk to anyone in 5 days!!

Easily the most unpleasant experience at any SPG hotel bar none!!!!!

Is this a four star property? Absolutely NOT. Maybe a 1 or 2.... correction it's a 1/2.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel Avoid the entire side with construction as it is very noisy
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Aaron C
fourpointsbrisbane, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Aaron C

I am most disturbed to note your comments and very disappointed at the number of unsatisfactory aspects you have encountered both during and after your stay. Please be rest assured that we take this feedback very seriously as it is not our intention to upset our valued Platinum members to this extent.

I also appreciated the time to discuss personally your grievances and I hope that through this we have been able to restore your faith in our staff and our hotel.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Had a great stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane in April 2014.

The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The room was ultra modern with electric blinds.

Really loved the cleanliness and newness of the hotel, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your wonderful feedback following your stay in April. I'm delighted that our service and facilities were to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed our Comfort Bed, which does make for a great nights sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights for a trade show. 1st night there was construction in the street. I was in the 4th floor facing the street so couldn't sleep because of the noise.
Called the duty manager at mid night. I was told the police is here and the noise would stop shortly.
Called back at 1:30am. I was told that hotel would call the police and city rangers to stop the noise as the construction team does not have a permit to make noise after mid night.
Called them again at 3am. This time I was told that they have a permit to work overnight and the police is in the street controlling the traffic!!!
Every time I called I asked for my room to be changed and I was told there are no other rooms available in the hotel. Which I found very hard to believe.
They changed my room the next day. Similar room on the other side of the building with construction starting every morning at 7. Very disappointed as I lost a day of business because of being tired.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ash K

Thank you for your feedback as it continually allows us the opportunity to review and improve our service and facilities.

The convenience and comfort factor of our guests is our top priority and in this regard I was most concerned to learn of the disappointment caused as a result of the problems with the building noise. I completely empathise with you that a good night’s sleep is one of the basic expectations of any guest visiting a hotel of our calibre and I sincerely apologise for your discomfort and the frustration caused. Having said that, we are continuing to work closely with the Developers in order to minimize any disruption to our guests. Unfortunately, the Brisbane City Council has also been working on the repair of the guttering outside the hotel which has also caused noise disruptions due to the fact that their permit allows them to work throughout the night. We have complained to the Brisbane City Council but to no avail however, these works are due for completion at the end of the week.

We certainly value your patronage to the Four Points by Sheraton and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel over the weekend for 2 nights. I checked in late(11pm) and at this time there was no one to help with my luggage(which was not that big of a deal). Staff at reception were polite and i had a quick check in. The room was small but it was enough. The bathroom was clean and the Bed was comfy. The whole atmosphere of the hotel is a little 'creepy' as i hardly seen anyone around unless you go down to ground level and the lights are turned off in the hallway unless you step out. The eatery was overpriced for what you got. I only ate here once. I found at the checkout the staff need to pay more attention who was in Que first or maybe have a better Que line as i was waiting and then someone else got called before me and i had to wait further which was a bit annoying. Overall it was ok stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
fourpointsbrisbane, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane. We very much appreciate your feedback as it continually allows us the opportunity to review and improve our service and facilities.

I was most disturbed to read of the inconsistency and lack of service you have encountered and I certainly agree that this is not the high standard of service that we strive for here at the Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane.

We certainly value your patronage and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Brisbane to make up for this less than perfect experience.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great hotel, great location... BUT...

The location, minimalist decor and functional styling was greatly appreciated, BUT !!!

An hotel is first and foremost about sleeping.

Sadly, the interior design of this hotel prevents a good night sleep.

The comfortable bed is furnished with an Antarctic type doona - far too thick for a Brisbane winter. I sweated under it, and found just a sheet insufficient. Ideally, the hotel will replace with a much thinner doona, and a back-up (thin) doona for those that like sweltering.

ALSO...

The designer has also dictated there be two monster pillows per person. They are so thick that one cannot comfortably use them for sleep. Unless, of course, one likes a cricked neck. What is needed is one pillow of at least half the thickness.

I must note that when departing, I made the comment about these 2 attributes and the desk staff indicated they could have resolved had I come down to the desk. But, why should the desk be in charge of reasonable furnishings? Surely these ought be in the room.

If, or when, Sheraton replaces these two items, I'd return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bruce M

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane. I was disappointed to note that you did not have a good nights sleep due to the bed linen and pillows not being to your liking, which obviously impacted on your stay. We do have alternative options which are available and it is unfortunate that you were unaware of this. Your constructive comments are certainly appreciated as it is only through feedback such as yours that improvements and changes can follow.

We hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.