“We felt very 'at home' here!”

Wellington Apartment Hotel
Ranked #74 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 8 May 2011

We arrived, very tired, after the 'midnight horror' from Perth at about 6.30am. Even though the official check in time was 2pm, we were cheerfully welcomed and given a room, which was spacious and the views from the balcony were excellent.
Breakfast was great - especially the free range eggs.
The Mowbray Park Citycat ferry stop is a only a short stroll away and gives fantastic access to the Brisbane CBD and is a wonderful way to be introduced to the city.
The reception staff were very helpful and patient with our many questions about what to see and how to get there.
We would thoroughly recommend the Wellington Hotel Apartments to 'newbies' to Brisbane.

Room Tip: Top floor for the views and at the back for quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 March 2011

I usually stay in Brisbane City regularly on business however found myself booking last minute at this hotel. Everything in the city was booked out, and I managed to get the last room in Brisbane on route home to Tasmania! Anyway, the Studio Queen room was a hit. What a fantastic set up, and they had a great little restaurant, bar and the place just had a nice feel about it. Maria was so helpful and even assisted in helping me get my mobile phone back when I left in the back seat of my cab! I was only there for one night so I wasn't sure about how convenient the location may have been relative to where I would need to go in the city, but I'm sure it's only a short taxi trip or a nice pleasant long walk :) It's definitely a place I'd stay again and recommend to my peers and others.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank loveatwit
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I've been living at Wellington hotel for more than 3 months. Almost feel like my home. Kind and responsible staff, great hospitality and thoughtful managers.
Happy to chose Wellington hotel for the long stay. Recommend 100%.

Reza

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank pertoonn
Reviewed 4 January 2011

The reception staff were friendly however, we won't be coming back.

Several factors influenced this; we wanted to cook each day and advised this on booking but a worn out frypan and a small pot was totally inadequate. Didn't even have a chopping board. We didn't feel comfortable going to the kitchen for toast. The restaurant was ok but the mashed potato was lumpy.

The noise and light from the adjoining room and the passage made it difficult to sleep and the bed was quite soft. We were actually woken by this noise on one night and had to ask the guests to quieten down.

Clean towels were provided but nobody came to collect the used ones.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank Cas S
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I was making an unplanned trip to Brisbane overnight and most of the city accommodation was full up (apart from very expensive suites!). I was able to get the last room or so at the Wellington and I was happy I did.

It is no stuffy 5 star resort hotel but a spacious comfortable room, kitchen, fridge and work desk and very friendly service from everyone you meet there. Nothing was too much trouble and the room service dinner was good quality also. A real bargain only a short taxi ride from the city (as well as other transport options) !

My only caution is that, as I got close to the last room, it was at the front and there was quite a bit of traffic noise. It didn't worry me, as the bed was comfortable and I will sleep through most things, but if some noise bothers you, you'll probably prefer one at the back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2010

We so enjoyed our time at this small boutique apartment hotel on the city fringe...
Our room was very comfortable, clean and well equiped with a fullsize fridge and ample utensils to prepare food, one could choose to dine on the patio...
We chose not to cook and enjoyed super breakfasts in the restaurant and excellent room service, Sarah makes the best coffee and always has a lovely smile.
Service overall is excellent, the property is well run and staff attitudes are great, we hope to stay again in the future.
Excellent value for money and free parking...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allan_don
Reviewed 1 November 2010

A lowrise hotel in Brisbane is not easy to find. We were thrilled with all Wellington Apartment Hotel provided.
Our room was quiet, comfortable and convenient to the City Cat transport on the Brisbane River. We also enjoyed a view of the city skyline, swimming pool and nearby residences. The service from all staff was friendly and we were able to celebrate a special time for us with the wonderfully kind assistance from Paul & Maria. Unfortunately the restaurant was not open on Sunday night but we enjoyed a delicious light meal the following night. We would like to say thank you to everyone at the Wellington Apartment Hotel for making a special event so memorable!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple