“Everybody was so kind and accommodating.”

Wellington Apartment Hotel
Ranked #74 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We recently came to Brisbane for an extended family holiday, that was to include seeing the Lions play at the Gabba, some sight seeing and then Sea World ect.... On the second day of our stay, my father in law became ill and had to be taken by ambulance from the hotel to the Mater Hospital. Through out a very stressful period, from the day he was admitted to his discharge, Maria, Paul, Sarah, Jasmin and Sharon were amazing. They looked after us all so well and went out of their way to meet our every need. The domestic staff also were really caring and friendly. We really couldn't fault our stay at the Wellington and would highly recommend it. The apartments are roomy and stylishly appointed. The outlook from our balcony took in city views and local backyards. It really made you feel at home. The breakfast's are of cafe standard. The in room food we ordered was yummy. We loved that we could take a short walk to the ferry and have Brisbane at our fingertips. Also for sport lovers, it is perfectly located. Thank you again Maria and Paul.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been reappointed in a stylish, modern way. We stayed in rooms 35,36 and 37. Lovel...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2011

I stayed here for 7 nights when visiting Brisbane, partly to attend a conference and then a few days holiday.

I think the apartment is very good value. The location is excellent. I took public transport all the way with numerous bus routes in walking distance and the Mowbray Park ferry very close. There is also a park a few doors down where we were able to do a morning run. The staff were helpful.

On the negative side, I was given a room facing the front of the property which meant it was backing onto the traffic which was very loud. I could also easily hear reception noise during the day/evening, although reception closes at 9pm so this did not bother me while sleeping. I slept fairly soundly so that was good, but I think if you are a light sleeper, this could be a problem.

I also think the staff should consider properly stocking the kitchen with pots/pans. They don't allow toasters to be used due to fire hazard and require that you have all balcony doors open and exhaust on when cooking because otherwise you may trigger the fire alarm. All this was a bit annoying as I wanted to cook some nights to save money.

Another issue was the way the place advertised 'high speed internet'. This is not wireless and it is not free. It really wouldn't be difficult/expensive for them to have a wireless broadband network for guests to use, and it would be useful. My TV also did not seem to tune into ABC which was a bit strange but I managed!

All these things aside, value for money and location made up for it. If they would like to improve, I would recommend addressing these outstanding issues!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the road.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank tronique
WellingtonBrisbane, Manager at Wellington Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear Tronique,

WE READ YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND WE'VE ACTED!

The kitchens have all been restocked with crockery/glasses/pots and pans and we've invested heavily in wireless broadband accessible all over the hotel. It's fast, fabulous and absolutely free for all guests.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post a review. We hope you'll return to see the improvements and make sure you let reception know if a station isn't tuned correctly as we have our trusty teenage son who is a wiz at re-tuning TV's.

Reviewed 26 June 2011

At very short notice, Maria and her team welcomed our staff of 20 and looked after us beautifully. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The food was fabulous - the day catering was spot on and exactly what I had requested. Chef spent time with us discussing what we would like for dinner and suggesting things he could prepare for us. Nothing was too much trouble. All this and - Very Reasonably Priced. I would highly recommend this venue, either for business or for pleasure. Thank you very much for looking after us all so well. Sara Miers, Senior Program Administrator. Resource Consulting Services.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
WellingtonBrisbane, Manager at Wellington Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2011

Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is our pleasure to look after our guests and we LOVE IT (!) when it's appreciated. We look forward to looking after your future accommodation and conferences - make The Wellington Apartment Hotel your home-away-from-home.

Kind regards,

Maria

Reviewed 17 June 2011

The hotel is located in Kangaroo Point, which is across the river from the city center, but the CityCat ferry, which can be caught at Mowbray Park a couple of blocks away, is a great way to get all around Brisbane. We also used the 227 bus, right around the corner on Shafston Ave, when we left for the central railway station lugging our bags. Our room was fine, and internet was available, for a fee. The staff was helpful, and they offer a great self-conducted tour information for Brisbane.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2011

We arrived, very tired, after the 'midnight horror' from Perth at about 6.30am. Even though the official check in time was 2pm, we were cheerfully welcomed and given a room, which was spacious and the views from the balcony were excellent.
Breakfast was great - especially the free range eggs.
The Mowbray Park Citycat ferry stop is a only a short stroll away and gives fantastic access to the Brisbane CBD and is a wonderful way to be introduced to the city.
The reception staff were very helpful and patient with our many questions about what to see and how to get there.
We would thoroughly recommend the Wellington Hotel Apartments to 'newbies' to Brisbane.

Room Tip: Top floor for the views and at the back for quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I usually stay in Brisbane City regularly on business however found myself booking last minute at this hotel. Everything in the city was booked out, and I managed to get the last room in Brisbane on route home to Tasmania! Anyway, the Studio Queen room was a hit. What a fantastic set up, and they had a great little restaurant, bar and the place just had a nice feel about it. Maria was so helpful and even assisted in helping me get my mobile phone back when I left in the back seat of my cab! I was only there for one night so I wasn't sure about how convenient the location may have been relative to where I would need to go in the city, but I'm sure it's only a short taxi trip or a nice pleasant long walk :) It's definitely a place I'd stay again and recommend to my peers and others.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank loveatwit
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I've been living at Wellington hotel for more than 3 months. Almost feel like my home. Kind and responsible staff, great hospitality and thoughtful managers.
Happy to chose Wellington hotel for the long stay. Recommend 100%.

Reza