“A Very Friendly Place”

Wellington Apartment Hotel
Ranked #74 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I was making an unplanned trip to Brisbane overnight and most of the city accommodation was full up (apart from very expensive suites!). I was able to get the last room or so at the Wellington and I was happy I did.

It is no stuffy 5 star resort hotel but a spacious comfortable room, kitchen, fridge and work desk and very friendly service from everyone you meet there. Nothing was too much trouble and the room service dinner was good quality also. A real bargain only a short taxi ride from the city (as well as other transport options) !

My only caution is that, as I got close to the last room, it was at the front and there was quite a bit of traffic noise. It didn't worry me, as the bed was comfortable and I will sleep through most things, but if some noise bothers you, you'll probably prefer one at the back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 November 2010

We so enjoyed our time at this small boutique apartment hotel on the city fringe...
Our room was very comfortable, clean and well equiped with a fullsize fridge and ample utensils to prepare food, one could choose to dine on the patio...
We chose not to cook and enjoyed super breakfasts in the restaurant and excellent room service, Sarah makes the best coffee and always has a lovely smile.
Service overall is excellent, the property is well run and staff attitudes are great, we hope to stay again in the future.
Excellent value for money and free parking...

1  Thank allan_don
Reviewed 1 November 2010

A lowrise hotel in Brisbane is not easy to find. We were thrilled with all Wellington Apartment Hotel provided.
Our room was quiet, comfortable and convenient to the City Cat transport on the Brisbane River. We also enjoyed a view of the city skyline, swimming pool and nearby residences. The service from all staff was friendly and we were able to celebrate a special time for us with the wonderfully kind assistance from Paul & Maria. Unfortunately the restaurant was not open on Sunday night but we enjoyed a delicious light meal the following night. We would like to say thank you to everyone at the Wellington Apartment Hotel for making a special event so memorable!

Reviewed 24 October 2010

We had to find accomadation on short notice for four people and we found this gem. Clean modern rooms, great staff, Fantastic breakfast dont go to neigbouring deli,s for breakfast. You wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Danny084
Reviewed 20 October 2010

This is the second time we have stayed at the Wellington this year but the first time I have reviewed it. Thought I would do so in light of the previous report. Both times we have stayed in one of the many apartments at the rear where there is zero noise so a wise traveller would ask for such in advance. The first time we were on the 2nd floor and this time, the 1st floor. There are no screens on the doors but we slept with the doors open for the fresh air and had zero insect problems. If you want the room made up you simply hang the "please make up my Room now" tag on your doorknob. No, you cannot cook toast in your room but the Restaurant will cook it for you 'cheap as' and room service costs a measly $2. Dealing direct with the Hotel, I found they would beat any deal you were offered on similar accommodation nearby and was quite impressed with my discount. The staff are brilliant and I have no complaints at all. The secure car park has good sized spaces, the beds are huge and comfortable and the cleanliness is 'spot on'. I am prepared to forego cooking my own toast for the other benefits.

Reviewed 13 September 2010

Most of the reviews I read for this hotel said that the staff were friendly. And that is certainly the case. People on the front desk were great. The accommodation was ok. The place was pretty clean and it is close to the citycat ferry which helps to get about. However, there a many warnings posted around the apartment about the perils of smoke and steam setting off the fire alarms which is a bit off-putting given that the point of me staying at the hotel was so that I could cook my own food. The alarms are so sensitive that toasters are not provided in the rooms so beware if you are a traveller who likes to just cook up a bit of toast for tea, a snack or brekkie. There are no flyscreens on the balcony door - didn't like that given the temperature and humidity: a bit of fresh air without mosquitoes would be nice! Blown light bulbs were not replaced during my stay and over the course of my 10 day stay the unit was not cleaned and towels replaced once. 2 small pots were provided and one deeper sort of electric frypan. This was ok for me but wondered how 2 or more people would go. And the telly is mounted near the ceiling so if you have neck pain, you won't appreciate the angle for a night on the couch. It is a bit noisy, too: wellington road is busy and the hotel is near a corner on to a major road into Brisbane city. Without double-glazed windows you hear the traffic. And finally, the thing that made me think 'it's the little things that count', when I went to complete the guest survey and found it completed! From some people who completed it in January! All in all I would say the accommodation was adequate but certainly not 4 star. Chances are for the price there is better about.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank nicsTas
WellingtonBrisbane, Manager at Wellington Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2010

Please allow me to apologise for your room not being serviced mid-stay. We have both a manual and computerised system to ensure housekeeping is done when expected by guests. We've not experienced your problem before and we wish you'd spoken to the friendly staff at reception so it could have been rectified immediately.
The fire alarms are for everyone's protection and the restaurant staff will happily toast your bread for you.
Many guests enjoy sleeping with wide-open doors insect-free even through summer but we are sorry your stay with us was not positive as we strive to make all our guests feel like they have a home-away-from-home. We try hard to ensure the little things we provide in our friendly helpful manner make a positive difference.

Reviewed 28 September 2009

Paul and Maria made us very welcome. It would have to be the best service we have had and we have travel lots. Thanks Maria for make my stay and birthday special. Thank You again. Would recommend the hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple