Bowen Terrace International Accommodation
US$151
US$147
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Sebel Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$109
US$129
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Oaks Charlotte Towers(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Room Service
US$77
US$71
  • Restaurant
Watermark Hotel Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$84
US$88
  • Pool
All reviewsshared kitchensydney streetguest housefortitude valleyfridge spacequeenslander housedorm roomstayed for weeksother guestssingle travellerown bathroomceiling fansmall poolfree ferrytea and coffee facilitiesbunk bedsminute walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here. Would recommend it to anyone heading into brisbane for a few days.
It's a small quiet hostel, which is a nice change from the usual traveler's fare.
There's a nice sized kitchen, a washing machine and laundry powder though no tumble dryer. You also get free wifi for two hours a day. There's a printer available for use and the owner is happy to send on any mail that arrives for you after you've left.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My 1st contact with the accommodation was when I called and spoke to Maria to get advice on how best to get from the airport. I was given clear instructions. I arrived and checked in. I found Maria to be excellent at the job of checking people in, but also at booking tours and giving advice on where to go and what to see, transport options (including the use the transport card for 9 times and then get a day free). She seems to be busy all the time, but always so friendly.

There are plenty of leaflets and some guide books to loan, together with a giant blackboard with up to date details of what’s going on around town. Pity I missed the quiz night, it did sound fun.
My room was OK, not outstanding, but it suited me fine.
I was out most days, and so just needed somewhere comfortable to sleep. It was very hot when I arrived and I soon found out this was because the last person had set the fridge onto the highest setting. I guess the motor was going 24-7.
I think the bins are only emptied, and the beds made up when a person checks out. No problem for me. My room was on the ground floor, about half way along the corridor. Yes, I heard some noises from others as their doors closed, but nothing I wouldn’t hear in other hotels/hostels.
I liked to have my breakfast on the decking area at the end of the hallway. This was a really nice chilled out shared area.
The kitchen (on the lower ground floor) was quite big, well enough equipped, and usually very tidy as everyone seemed to heed the advice to keep it that way.
The shared bathrooms are OK. The one on the ground floor is the nicer one, and even has an old (disused) gaslight to validate the authenticity of the place.

The location is fine, it’s easy to take a bus from the stop just across the street. Or, you can walk about 500 metres and then you appear to be in zone 1 so the ticket cost is even cheaper, when using the transport card.

If you are looking for a comfortable bed in a friendly place in a good location with great service, then stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ImASunseekerMe
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came and stayed here for three nights and were very pleased. It's clean and quiet. There is a kitchen area that has anything u need if u want to save money by cooking your own meals. Although we didn't meet Maria until checkout, we called her a few times, and she was very helpful. The location is great. We will stay here again. Only downfall is that the walls are very thin. We were thankful the other guests were respectful.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nichole S
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I loved my stay at Bowen Terrace. I had no idea New Farm was such a great area and so close to the city. I received a map and great instructions on how to take the ferry, where to find the bus stop and where the nearest supermarket was. There's an amazing French bakery where you can get pastries for breakfast and a large variety of different foods available in easy walking distance. I like not being harassed by staff all the time and being allowed to enjoy my stay. I had a decent sleep and didn't find the noise from the road to be a problem at all. I think other reviewers must be really light sleepers!

Room Tip: I like the upstairs rooms best - and I'm always partial to a private bathroom!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TraceyPedersen
Reviewed 27 March 2014

So pleased I found this little treasure to stay, small and clean and quiet with personal service, Maria was most helpful and directed me to the attractions of Brisbane. This is like a home from home which is really nice when you are away.

Room Tip: The 4 bed dorm is awesome, it is separated into two parts, they have lovely single rooms too.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo