““Magical Venue””

Hillstone St. Lucia
More attraction details
Owner description: Hillstone St Lucia is a unique venue offering absolute flexibility for meetings, conferences, events, corporate golf days, weddings and exhibitions. Hillstone St Lucia has been reinvented while operating under the same management. Established for 25 years and now upgraded and expanded, Hillstone St Lucia caters for functions at the top end of the market.
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My partner and I celebrated our wedding at Hillstone St Lucia in December 2013 and we wish we could relive it over and over again. Such a beautiful setting, the staff were amazing and the food was delicious. We were so worried about the stresses involved in organising the big day because we live in Central Queensland, but the girls at Hillstone made the process so easy for us! We only met with the venue twice but felt at ease throughout the whole experience, we knew we were in safe hands. We can’t wait to come back and visit the hundred acre bar when we relocate back to Brisbane to celebrate our wedding anniversary this year.

2  Thank AlishaBarram

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We were very interested in holding our wedding at Hillstone. We live 7 hours away so arranged to drive down for the weekend to look at wedding venues. We made an appointment for a show through and were absolutely appalled at the service we received. We were shown the venue for approx 5 minutes and then handed a booklet about it. Everywhere else we have seen the wedding planner has sat down and gone through the packages and everything involved with the wedding for over an hour. It was very disappointing and felt like they didn't care for our business. We were both left with a very bad taste in our mouths. Also the small wedding room is split level with the dance floor on bottom level and dining in too which I wasn't a fan of. Too conclude I would say definitely don't have your wedding here judging from the service we received at the start I wouldn't want to trust this company with my wedding. We have picked another venue that is more expensive but the wedding planners are fantastic.

6  Thank Justine W
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is a venue that charges a bucket load for your wedding however fails to deliver on providing quality service. I will use a few short bullet points to describe Hillstone:
*bad food,
*poor communication amongst staff and clients
*rude wait and bar staff

I had heard rave reviews about this venue a few years back. Things have certainly changed. You are better off looking elsewhere for your wedding day.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Coming from the UK we were totally take back by the Golf Course at St Lucia --we were told that it was owned and ran by the Council !!!! ( Brits will know what we were thinking before hand !!) the course is first class perfect length for us 20 handicappers with good greens --good test !!
Then we went to the wonderfully named 100 Acre Bar --view to die for and food and service first class and all this at a reasonable price --club hire available so give it a go just one tip try playing early morning as it gets hot midday ---mad dogs and English men and all that -----

Hillstone s, Front Office Manager at Hillstone St. Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Hi Derek P,

We are really excited to hear that you so enjoyed your visit here.

It definitely gets hot here at this time of year but that's unfortunately the Queensland weather.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had a tentative booking with Hillstone St Lucia for our wedding at the end of this year. As we are having a short engagement, we did not have long to pull our wedding together and were pleased that we were able to secure a venue so close to the date. Our tentative booking ended on the Ekka public holiday.

I rang to pay our deposit and formalise the booking for our wedding the next morning (as I assumed that no one would take my call on a public holiday). I was told the wedding coordinator was out but would call me back soon.

No one called me for the duration of that day.

I rang back at 5pm in the afternoon, to be told that I should only call during office hours. I rang the next morning, only to be told that a corporate function had been booked over our tentative booking. When I asked why I was not contacted prior to them making another booking, the staff member merely said "Oh, this was a corporate booking, and they operate separately from our weddings team". It is a disgrace that they do not communicate between teams that use the same venues. I requested that the wedding coordinator call the corporate bookers and explain the situation, offering the corporate people another date. They said they would and call me back shortly.

No one called back. Later that afternoon, I had my fiancé call them back. He asked about moving the corporate date, and the wedding coordinator told him that they had asked, and it was not possible. The reason why they did not call me back to let me know, rather than leaving me waiting an anxious mess by the phone is a mystery to me.

Throughout this whole process, the Hillstone team accepted no responsibility for ruining my wedding, merely stating that what happened was "unfortunate".

Unfortunate for you Hillstone, because my family and friends will be told to avoid your venue like the plague. Beware of having your wedding at Hillstone- they'll throw you under the bus if they smell a higher profit from other customers.

4  Thank s4173863