Airport Clayfield Motel
US$172
US$167
Hilton
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$121
US$151
  • Restaurant
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
  • Pool
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$85
  • Pool
Mantra Terrace Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$71
  • Room Service
Hotel Jen Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$220
US$181
  • Restaurant
Mercure Brisbane King George Square(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$94
Agoda.com
US$69
  • Pool
All reviewsluggage liftsandgate roadbusy roadan early flightfree continental breakfaststayed herehelpful ownerlong term parkingshuttle bus serviceinternational flightbreakfast roomgreat stopoverbooked directlyovernight stoprestaurants within walking distanceflights of stairsnext morning
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We had a early flight booked and a car to return so we used trip advisor to find a suitable place close to the airport that wasn't going to kill the bank given it was our last night in Qld.
This place is 3.5 star. It had good reviews on trip advisor so we decided to give it a go. When we arrived the staff were friendly. I wasn't expecting the Hilton it was described as basic. The room was relatively clean but the bathroom was not so, the sink had stains and a burn on it. The room smelt of stale smoke when you used the air conditioner. It was basic as it said
The traffic noise was nonstop, oh the constant traffic noise! I used my ear plugs that helped. It would have been ok if that was it. We requested and supposedly given a quiet room but when the people next door came in at 11pm I heard every move they made including swearing and toiletry functions. The guy was obviously unaware of how loud he was and to be honest it wasn't sounding like asking them to be quiet would have helped. Mmmm if you can sleep next to constant room noise and car and truck noise that feels like it's right next to you is ok then this is the place for you. We will seek quieter abodes from now on.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SNTas
SJC127, Owner at Airport Clayfield Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

HI. We are sorry that we did meet your expectations this time. I am very surprised that you found noise to be an issue. Over the last 6 months we have spent considerable time and money improving this situation. I can only say that we have a lot of regulars that say that recent improvements (double glazing and acoustic door seals) have made a big difference. I guess they wouldn't keep coming back if they couldn't get a good nights sleep.

I have noticed on occasions that guests have left a window open and this has of course meant that noise can get in. In any case I would have only been too happy to investigate or show you to alternative room for you to try.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This motel is quiet comfortable. We stayed only 1 night, we had an early morning flight so we wanted a quick, easy get away to the airport. We had 2 children, so we used the interconnecting room. Not much room in each rooms, but very clean and sufficient. The layout was great; 1 room with 2 single beds and 2 other interconnecting rooms with a queen bed in each.
I noticed that 2 of the rooms had no lamps though. May be a good thing, as we had young children, if we were staying longer.... May be an issue for others...
Thought it was a great idea in the bathroom with the soap/shampoo/conditioner/shaving cream dispensers. Less wastage too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Leesyl

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our motel. Yes the interconnecting room is one of our most popular rooms. We have only just taken over recently and don't have a full history of the motel but we can only assume as you have, that the third room doesn't have wall lights because it is predominantly used as a children's room and from time to time the wall lights do get broken or pulled off the walls. Probably best not in a children's room. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay with us. Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Just stayed for my third time at Airport Clayfield.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, staff are friendly and welcoming and always lend me a hand with luggage.
It's so convent to have choice of restaurants in the area and if I get the chance on my next work trip I'll take a dip in the pool.
Thanks Steve and Cata

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Ack-trauts

Hi. We are delighted to hear that you found the motel convenient for your needs. We think having such a great range of restaurants and other eateries so close is such a bonus for our guests, especially when they are staying a few nights and can have something different every night. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is a great place to stay. Friendly staff, heaps of eateries close by. Had a good night's sleep on a comfy bed.
What impressed me most was how clean the room was.
There is a little bit of road noise but not enough to put me off another stay. Once the door is shut you forget you're on a main road. I will definitely stay here again.
Steve is a friendly nice bloke.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lorraine G

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to give our motel such a lovely review. This is always encouraging. I am glad to hear that you were impressed by the cleanliness of the rooms. I will most definitely pass this feedback on to our cleaning staff. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town. Kind Regards Management

Reviewed 10 September 2013

This motel is perfect for your business trip if you are looking for cheap and comfortable place to stay and make your business deal then this is the best place.

I came here at the end of the last month to have a great business deal with one of Aussie mates.

I booked a room on the second floor for 3 days and 2 nights stay. After checking in to the motel one staff came to receive me and took me to my room. The room was good it was not that big but was enough for one person.

Room was clean as well as the bathroom. The transportation from this place is very easy and simple.

I am coming Brisbane again in December and definitely I will stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Coy b
SJC127, Manager at Airport Clayfield Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Hi. We are so glad to hear that you will stay with us again. This is perhaps the biggest compliment of all that you would choose us to stay with us again out of the so many places to stay in Brisbane. Look forward to seeing you in December.