“great value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 133 Speciality Lodging in Brisbane
Nsw
“great value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I have stayed before in the standard motel rooms and keep coming back for the location. This stay we had a one-bedroom apartment, and it was great. I was able to do the laundry that had accumulated duriung the previous week and put it through the dryer. The kitchen was well equipped, right down to a selection of good, sharp knives. The housekeeping team arrived at 2pm, so I just took some dry towels as we didn't really need anything else. There were toiletries in the bathroom and tea/coffee in the kitchen. Josh at the front desk was very helpful and efficient. Our apartment was supposed to be a lower star rating than the updated ones, but we thought it was fine. The furniture was comfortable and attractive. We were very happy with it - a TV in the bedroom and a huge one in the sitting room! It was great value for money as we could prepared breakfast and lunch, an d there are shops and eateries close by too. We will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NaneNSW
GM-CBAH, General Manager at Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear NaneNSW,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us here at Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel. It was excellent to read that you enjoyed the amenities in the 1 bedroom apartment and you found the 3.5 star apartments to be of a good standard.

Thank you for providing your feedback on Josh. Josh is always very helpful and is an important part of my front desk team here at Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel.

NaneNSW thank you again for taking the time to post a review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel.

Many Thanks

Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Where do I start?
Broken bed, no soaps, smelly room, useless air conditioner, poor house keeping, poor management...
Stay only if absolutely necessary. 4 stars for this one is totally misleading!
By the way... The only good thing about this place is the location.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Hemant B
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

With the sun blazing in to the front room and bedroom there is not one window that can be opened. So being here for 4 nights you can imagine the thought of no fresh air in the apartment. Our linen wasn't changed everyday. Good size kitchen area, but doe ant even come with basic cooking utensils that can be found in basic kitchenettes. Needs freshening up and updating. I know its 3.5 stars, but that just seems generous. I've stayed in better places for much cheaper. There are several bad smells that can be had staying here. There was a sewage smell in our room, but we couldn't open the window. It was seriously close to making me ill that we had to leave the apartment. The air-con is so old that it can't go below 22 degrees. Not helpful in the heat!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank rach_894a
GM-CBAH, General Manager at Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Hi Rach_894,

Thank you for providing your thoughts and feedback on your recent stay at Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel.

A number of our apartments don’t have opening windows as a result of the windows being floor to ceiling and the ability for people or a child to access the roof of the awning below if these windows could be opened. The apartments are built around the historical facade and at the time of construction of the hotel the windows were permanently closed for the reason stated above. The historical facade is from the old Fortitude Valley Brewery which was constructed in 1906 with the brewery closing in 1993 and the apartments constructed in 1997. We don’t offer a full service daily, a mini service daily is carried out with beds been made, towels changed if they are left on the floor or in the bath and rubbish is removed, a full service is only carried out if you stay for more than 7 nights. On your arrival at Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel you would have been issued with a guest welcome letter that outlines the services we offer, office hours and how to access the hotel outside our offices hours.

At Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel all apartments are individual owned and furnished. We do offer two different class of accommodation 3.5 and 4 star. The majority of our rooms are of a 4 star standard and have had new carpet installed, a repaint and new furniture. From your feedback provided we had you staying in 3.5 star apartment that has not had a refurbishment as yet which is offered at a cheaper rate due to the differences mentioned above. We have had no reports of sewage smell in any of our apartments from other guests or our housekeeping team and if this was the case we have specialised equipment that can remove any smells/odours from rooms if required. All the air conditioners go below 22 degrees but we do strongly recommend that all air cons are set at 24 degrees as per the manufacturers instructions to provide more efficient cooling.

Rach_894, please accept my apologies that this stay again failed to meet your expectations. If you would like to provide further details on what apartment you stayed in or if your travel plans have you returning to Fortitude Valley in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I may personally handle your reservation to your next stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

location was fantastic - close to shops, restaurants and transport. more serviced apartments rather than hotel. the room was spacious but ageing furniture, carpets and curtains needed a good clean to rid random dust and mould spots. Overall a reasonable deal for the price - particularly during peak ekka season and if you're lookng for somewhere central to crash without the fuss.

Room Tip: this hotel overlooks a restaurant courtyard - so if you have a balcony can get quite noisy on a week...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank alamo36
Dear alamo36,

Thank you for providing your feedback on your stay at Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel.
It was great to hear your positive feedback regarding our location as we are within easy walking distance to a number of shops, restaurants and transport in and around the Fortitude Valley area. We also feel that we offer great value for such a centrally located building. However I do apologise that you felt the presentation of your apartment was not quite up to scratch. I can assure you that we work extremely hard to ensure all apartments are cleaned to the highest standard by the housekeeping team and we do regularly engage external contractors to clean and sanitise carpets and curtains.

Alamo36, if you would like to provide further details on what apartment you stayed in directly to me I will investigate the points you raised further and address your feedback directly with the apartment owner. If your travel plans have you returning to Fortitude Valley or maybe the Ekka in 2013 please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I may personally handle your reservation to ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

This Hotel is not a hotel at all - the word hotel is a misnomer in the title. Hotel implies service but there is none. Daily the bed was made. Nothing else was done. I was told that they were changing the towels as they went into our room one day but the 2 towels that were in the room were identical to the 2 before the service. In fact one day I was handed towels at the door and another day one of the 2 was wet so I threw it out the door.
I asked for some more teabags once in the week and was told that that is not part of the servicing of the rooms. God a few teabags. How much would that have cost for a little goodwill.
OK there is a largish lounge central room but there is no need for a room that size. The only thing that makes this an apartment is the clothes washing machine - which I did not use, and the double hot elements for cooking with a pot or pan. Again I did not use. Hardly their fault.
The rooms are noisy and require double glazing - the lifts are extremely slow and very noisy. Don't get a room near them. Would never stay in this place again. It was not cheap and it was not worth what it cost. But needs must and there were few other choices at the time I chose this. Next time I'll stay somewhere else

3 Thank Paul K
Dear Paul K,

Thank you for providing your thoughts and feedback on your stay at Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel.

Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel is classed as AAA self catering style accommodation, we do offer apartment style accommodation or studios that are more like your typical hotel style accommodation. On the information you have provided I believe we had you staying in a 1 bedroom apartment. On arrival all guests are given a welcome letter outlining the hotel facilities, office hours , housekeeping services and that you will find a welcome pack in your apartment for the amenities. My housekeeping team does carry out daily service during your stay this does include making the beds, rubbish bin emptied, changing the towels if they are left on the floor or in the bath. In keeping with our environmentally friendly policies if any towels are left hanging up or not in the bathroom they will not be changed with this information readily available as per the tent cards located in your bathroom.

Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel elevators are serviced on a monthly basis and when required to ensure they are maintained to the highest standard. Our elevators operate on a hydraulic system which can be little slower than newer elevator systems in opening on each floor as they require time to level out to prevent people from rushing from the lifts and tripping over any difference in floor height had they not been allowed to level out correctly.

Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Had been in Brisbane again for work recently and chose to stay on for the weekend so came back and stayed here again. I noticed a few changes including the fresh paint and new foyer which I must say look great! . As always, I couldn't fault the friendly service from everyone in the hotel, and even though this was only my second time back I was welcomed back. As it was a last minute decision to stay here, I could only get an older, unrefurbished apartment. It was dated but still very clean and tidy. I have enjoyed my two stays here and will keep coming back. I can understand people’s concerns about noise but what do you expect from serviced apartments in The Valley, The Valley has always been the night life of Brisbane and will continue to do so. The hotel appeared busy during the week but was quiet on the weekend. Book direct and try Scallion, food is amazing just out the front door.

1 Thank jcs2810
Dear jcs2810,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your stay here at Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel.

It was great to read that you noticed the recent upgrades that have been completed to the hotel over the last 6 months with the foyer having new tiles installed, new ceiling and fresh coat of paint, the body corporate for the hotel has also just finished the external repaint with a fresh modern colour.

Great to read that the enjoyed your stay in our 3.5 star apartment hopefully in the future we can provide you one of our 4 star 1 bedroom apartments on your return stay.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

I stayed in an apartment here on a saturday night - I was travelling for work. I was originally allocated a one bedroom apartment - it was huge - bedroom, bathroom and large living area. I sat down on the sofa and immediately noticed a REALLY bad smell - there was staining on the cushions proving my suspicions. I went downstairs to request a room change and was told I would be charged a $60 room change fee. I disputed this - obviously the only reason I needed to change was because of the smell. I was then given another room - with no fee. This room was ok - a little shabby and run down - the bedside table was broken but otherwise not too bad. Staying here on a saturday night is not advised - it was incredibly noisy. This hotel may be in a good area but it is very shabby - the carpet in the lift is badly stained - I think this is purely a place for drunk clubbers to stay!

3 Thank GPH311
Hi GPH311,

Thank you for your feedback.

Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel is located in Fortitude Valley Brisbane’s entertainment hub offering a mix of restaurants, cafes, pubs and clubs. On a Friday and Saturday night The Valley is a vibrant place with many people out enjoying the mix of electric places to visit until the early hours of the morning. Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel is located down the quiet end of Brunswick Street however like all weekends in every city you do get people heading home in the earlier hours of the morning and unfortunately we cannot control the noise from members of the public walking down the streets of Fortitude Valley.

Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel operates at its busiest through the weekdays with a strong corporate clientele.

Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel is cleaned to the highest standard to ensure all guest have enjoyable stay, unfortunately in this instance housekeeping did miss some food that had been left on the cushion. This matter has been addressed with my housekeeping manager and the team member that did service this apartment has been provided further training to ensure the apartments are maintained to the highest standard. I do apologise for this and for any inconvenience/distress this may have caused you.

I do agree with you that the he carpet in the elevators does need replacing and we are currently investigating a number options to have this flooring upgraded. Over the past 18mths the hotel has undergone a number of upgrades to the external and internal common areas of the building including big items such as a retile of the Reception area and a full building repaint. We appreciate your feedback and the information you have provided will ensure we continue to provide a great value and conveniently located property for all guests.