Oaks 212 Margaret
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Capri by Fraser, Brisbane(Brisbane)
Mantra on Mary(Brisbane)
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsbotanical gardensmargaret streetgreat locationbuilding workthe rivergood sizemaster bedroombig balconyhigh floorbbq areafull kitchenapartment was cleanper daythese apartmentswithin easy walking distancequeen streetkangaroo point
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Not sure why other travelers have found fault with this property. Units are clean and well serviced. Staff are great and location is first rate. Cannot recommend more.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank magpie71
Reviewed 2 April 2011

It is a nice hotel with decent rooms. Like most hotels in the city you have to pay for parking. This hotel has no wow factor tho, nothing to really draw you back for a second stay...

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I booked this hotel through the Entertainment Book so got a discounted rate. I was working around the corner in the CBD so the location was ideal. It will also suit tourists as it is near the Botanical Gardens and an easy walk to main shopping area and the river. I was greeted with the news that I had been upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment (but advised not to use the second bedroom or bathroom or I would pay an extra housekeeping fee!). I was in a lovely room on the 18th floor with a view over the river and gardens. The building is high so this room had a great view (from the large balcony) but was not overlooked by the shorter buildings around. I would not have wanted to be on a low floor, though. The room is well equipped with a full kitchen and TV, DVD and stereo. I would almost give it 5/5, but the cleanliness could have been slightly better - not a major issue, but a few hairs in bathroom and a small stain on the carpet. There were also a couple of broken things - the bin lid and the air con remote. These should have been taken care of. The pool is small and cold, but I happily swam three times and only saw one other person. The water pressure in the shower was good and nice toiletries supplied. I slept well and it was quiet, but they obviously do have some issues sometimes at there were notices everywhere about not jumping in the lift, don't throw things off the balcony, be quiet after 10pm etc... Perhaps they have issues at the weekend?

Overall this was excellent value and much cheaper and more spacious than a hotel room. There is a big construction "hole" next door - apparently the project is broke, but I would check before staying, to find out the status of the construction... Otherwise I would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank wombatdavid
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Great location very close to CBD. Rooms were well set-out with furnishings in good condition and most importantly were very clean. Check In & out was an absolute breeze and service was good. Encountered no issues during our stay.

We were pleasantly surprised to come back after a late night to be greeted by a security doorsman.

As mentioned in previous reviews, I also had views of an office block next door (about 3M from our balcony and bedroom window, as well as the flooded building block). I dont however believe you can expect much of a view given the location if you are on lower floors. You are in the CBD.

My only gripe about this hotel is that the 'restaurant/bar' fronting the hotel. This is run by a 3rd-party, and although the menu state it is open Saturdays for breakfast, we were disappointed to find it was closed all morning until after lunch.

Great hotel, clean and comfortable, and pricing is in line with the market. Had made Oaks a reliable chain I will look for in future, but hopefully somewhere with its own restaurant/kitchen.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2011

The Oaks on Margaret is in the Brisbane CBD and part of a large Aussie chain of serviced apartments/aparthotels. We had a one-bedroom unit, well-equipped with hob, oven, microwave, freezer, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine and drier, plus a reasonable assortment of kitchen tools. The bed was comfortable, and the daily housekeeping was competent. The location is excellent: one block from the Botanical Gardens, a couple of blocks from Eagle Street Pier, its restaurants and city ferries. It is convenient for restaurants and coffee bars too.
But we encountered several quite serious problems, some of which will be probably sorted out quite soon, some won’t. First, only one lift was working, and given that there are 150 units on the 30 floors, there was often an unacceptable wait. After a week, the lift was operational. Second, our phone line didn’t work, apparently because of flood damage in the basement. The front desk kindly, and for free, allowed us to use their phones for calls. This problem will be resolved in time, I expect. The following probably won’t. Third, like other Oaks I have stayed in, the internet service has been outsourced. It is very expensive - $10 per hour, $20 per day, $75 per week. These prices are per computer. So if there are two computers, then you will pay twice. The connection is slow Ethernet, not wifi, and there was only one Ethernet port in the unit so only one of us could be online at a time. All this was a serious downside for the two of us trying to work. Fourth, the shower won’t suit anyone taller than 5’6”, unless they like their water horizontal rather than vertical. The views from our balcony was of other tall buildings, and flooded building site next door. There were river glimpses from our bedroom window.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business