Oaks 212 Margaret
ibis Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$89
  • Room Service
Oaks Charlotte Towers(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$114
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness centre
US$156
US$146
  • Room Service
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$83
  • Pool
Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$147
US$89
US$82
  • Pool
All reviewsbotanical gardensmargaret streetgreat locationbuilding workthe rivergood sizemaster bedroombig balconyhigh floorbbq areafull kitchenapartment was cleanper daythese apartmentswithin easy walking distancequeen streetkangaroo point
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here 2 weeks ago on a business trip, very nice no problems, However my husband has stayed here and didn't like it, said the room was small. I got a good room so I was fine with it. Had a lovely breakfast in the restaurant next morning

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HotelManagerMargaret, Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. We are certainly glad to hear that you enjoyed the property, and restaurant. It is a little dissapointing to hear however, that your husband was not as satisified with his stay. We do hope you both choose to stay again at OAKS 212 Margaret for future business trips.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Being to Brisbane for the second time, i found the city lovely and beautiful. When my parents decided to come over for a vacation, i chose Oaks 212 Margaret for it's location, within the CBD.

Arriving at the front desk, i felt the welcome just alright. The staff seemed...distracted, but still were effective and helpful, but they had some difficulties getting my reservation initially. They had to go through my passport as well as my electronic copy on my tablet to retrieve my reservation. When i asked for local restaurants and a map, they managed to (though it seemed that they had some difficulty finding a map) provide me details on where i could go for dinner.

I was satisfied, though the first impression was lacking in terms of customer service, as well as some credit card details that were not well explained. Regardless i took the lift up,and was greeted with the stench of rotting fruit when i stepped out of the lift. It filled the entire hallway of the lift lobby on the floor that i was staying on and it was absolutely revolting. I quickly entered my room to avoid the stench. What a way to start my vacation in Brisbane! :p

The room was nice and beautiful. Indeed a surprise. Great decor, and the first impression swept my heart away. The kitchen and utensils were clean, the bed was comfy and the amenities provided were sufficient. Housekeeping was also pretty good and the room was well-kept and clean. The Balcony was cool, but it was like,right next to an office tower,which was rather uncomfortable as you wouldn't want anyone at work looking right at you...The bathroom was rather large for a small apartment,and is overall a comfortable place.

I decided to check out the pool level, which had a nice swimming pool as well as a BBQ area, which is pretty nice for parties and all. Kinda neat,i'd say. There's also a small gym so it's pretty cool.

Car parking is an issue indeed. I mean, i paid a parking fee for the night,only to realize that i could not find a parking space. While i know i came back late from dinner,i expect to have a parking space which i paid for, yes?

All in all besides the stench at the lift lobby,my room being next to an office tower which had an unobstructed view of the balcony, the SERIOUS lack of parking space and the lackluster reception, i have to say my stay was pretty good.

P.S. I stayed at the apartment on 2 different dates within the same month. The problems i faced occurred on both occasions.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul S
HotelManagerMargaret, Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Paul

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of your stay. I am happy to hear that despite a few shortfalls during your stay overall your have found it enjoyable especially in the quality and cleanliness of the rooms.

I appreciate your honesty regarding your check-in experience as well as a smell in the common areas, please be assured I have followed up on your feedback and we are always striving to improve our standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks 212 Margaret again soon.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Like to take your money when incorrectly book for the same day through wotif. Booking was to be for the 8th checking in at 1400. When booking was made it was1800.

So you think they would call you to make sure it was right but instead they take that as an opportunity to take $245 from your card and you get nothing for it.

And then ring you the next day to pretty much rub it in that you've missed your booking ( by mistake) and not offer any compensation. The lady I spoke was so incredibly rude.

As no refund or credit to rebook for the next weekend given. We can longer afford to come to Brisbane so the tickets we have booked have been a waste of money also.

Thank You Oaks, I will never recommend you hotel EVER!.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kelsbels46
HotelManagerMargaret, Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Kelsbels46,

I have contacted you directly regarding your reservation.

I’m very sorry to hear that you found the staff rude, please be assured that I have followed up with the staff member concerned.

I trust you will enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Spent one night here and was surprised by how large and well maintained the rooms were.

We had a 2 bedroom unit with a HUGE balcony overlooking the botanical gardens.

Great price and conveniently located within the CBD!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the botanical gardens are beautiful
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Little_Aussie_Mum
HotelManagerMargaret, Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Little_Aussie_Mum, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oaks 212 Margaret and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our central location in Brisbane is very convenient and I agree the views of the gardens and river are lovely. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Couldn't be happier with my recent stay at Oaks 212 Margaret. The room was a real surprise. It was huge. two bedrooms, two bathrooms, full kitchen and an enormous balcony. Value for money was exceptional. My only criticism is that the rate for parking is excessive. After pre booking my parking I discovered that the car park next door was $15 a day cheaper.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Simon023
HotelManagerMargaret, Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Simon023

Thank you for taking the time to submit your glowing review of your stay. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us and found our apartments spacious and convenient. We find that our parking costs are in-line with most hotels around the inner Brisbane CBD however nearby private parking facilities often provide alternatives at a flat rate.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.