“Business apartments”

Quest Spring Hill Serviced Apartments
Ranked #12 of 127 Speciality Lodging in Brisbane
“Business apartments”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We recently stayed at the Quest business apartments which are located just up the road from the regular apartments. They share the same reception, but don't allow use of their facilities.

I was extremely impressed with this hotel on so many levels. We stayed here for 3 nights to be close to the St Andrews War Memorial Hospital, which is a 5 minute walk away (uphill on the way there but a nice downhill trip back :)). There are closer apartments but they don't seem to be as nice.

From the time I booked our room the staff I dealt with we're lovely and genuinely caring. They are a real credit to Quest.

Our apartment was spacious, modern and clean. It had two bedrooms, one of which was very large, both with ensuites. It also had a cupboard with a washing machine and dryer and a full sized kitchen with an oven and all the things you need (unlike some apartments with limited cooking facilities). It also had a large dining table, desk and lounge area, opening onto a nice balcony. The apartment was very comfortable and of a high standard. There is also secure parking on site.

The location of the apartments is excellent, within walking distance of a supermarket, shops and the city. It would be a great place to stay to explore Brisbane if you wanted to stay in an apartment and not a hotel room. The price was very reasonable for the room.

The only downsides to this place was finding a decent cafe on the weekend (lots of places are closed and only open Monday to Friday) and the hilly location (which we didn't mind but some might).

I would definitely recommend the business apartment for a stay in Brisbane if you require some space and don't mind a bit of hill walking. We would chose to stay here again in a flash when next in Brisbane.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Diana F, Owner at Quest Spring Hill Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you very much for your thoughtful review. We appreciate you taking the time especially considering how busy you were during your stay. You will be pleased to hear a new restaurant, the Great Cafe Bar and Restaurant, has opened underneath the main tower since your visit. I am glad you enjoyed apartment and I hope you can return for a more relaxing visit next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

had a wonderful stay for the one night i was in town . the staff are lovely manager di looked after my booking very well and even let me check out late as i have a late plane home to cairns
i can say if you have the chance to stay here do you will not be disapointed

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Diana F, Owner at Quest Spring Hill Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
It was lovely to meet you and look after an experienced Hospitality and Tourism Operator from the North. Looking forward to seeing you on your next adventure to Brisbane which will hopefully be soon! Thank you for your positive review and thoughtful comments!
Queanbeyan, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We recently stayed at these apartments and can say nothing but good things. The staff went over and above the call of duty to ensure our family was looked after including providing additional information in regards to wheelchair accessible locations and transport. The rooms were well maintained and very homely. We would definitely stay here again as a family and think that the staff deserve extra pats on the back for there amazing service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
We all really enjoyed your family's company and certainly look forward to seeing you all again soon. Your review meant a lot to everyone here and thank you for taking time out of your very busy day to write such encouraging words! Take care,

yours sincerely,

the Team at Quest Spring Hill!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

It was a great place to stay with two teenage children, the location was great and the staff were very friendly and helpful, I would stay there again when in Brisbane.
I stayed for eight weeks in total, the cleaning staff were very polite and always cleaned the rooms each day except Sundays. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and always spoke to you when passing there desk. The staff were helpful in helping with places to see and do things to keep you busy or see new things.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
We are glad you were able to keep the active teenagers entertained and enjoy some quality family time while you stayed at Quest Spring Hill. I have passed on your positive comments to the wonderful Staff in Housekeeping. It made their day ! Thank you and hope to see you all again in the near future!
Beijing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

All the staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and tidy along with being well equipped. Thank you to all for making my stay so nice and making me feel welcome and comfortable in a new city. I would defenetly stay here again and recommend for others to stay here

• Stayed April 2013
It only seems like yesterday when you all arrived. We are all missing your good company, funny stories and not to mention your great cooking! We often wonder how Melbourne is treating you and where your next adventure has taken you all too! Thanks for the great review and we are looking forward to seeing you all again in the future!
Bundaberg, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Home away from home. Stayed 4 nights after spending 4 nights at nearby hospital. It was the perfect location to recover before the long trip home. Comfortable bed, choice of chair to sit in to be comfortable after back surgery. No problems to get extra towels and pillows. Staff are very hospitable, seemed interested in every client to enter the door. Everything is fresh and works.Great balcony to sit and relax and enjoy a glass of wine and unwind. Two supermarkets in close proximity, chemist, cafe to enjoy. Wanting an apartment that was roomy and well maintained, you have ticked all our boxes. We stayed facing the back and had no issues with noise. We will definitely stay again. Thank you Quest.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
I am so glad to hear that you were comfortable while recovering from your back operation! They don't sound like much fun but you looked a 'million dollars' when you left to go back home. Your positive comments and review are much appreciated by all of us at Quest Spring Hill. Next time we might get to see you both here on a holidays!
Tas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed at Quest Spring Hill for about 10 nights.
Upon checkin I was told that they had a quiet 2 bedroom unit for me - sounded good. But it got my hopes up!
The failed to tell me about the construction work being done directly beneath my 'quiet' first floor unit. When I spoke with reception they did direct me to the notices posted in the hallway/lift etc. Too bad they did not mention it on booking or checkin though.
I worked this out about 6.45am the first morning when I was woken by the hammer drill being used into the floor of my apartment from below. But this was only 6 days a week, so a bit of a sleep in on Sunday! The builders actuially arrived just after 6am each morning as I could hear them hammering. Drilling kindly waited until closer to 7am.
Also disappointing was the maintenance of the unit - I asked for several items to be fixed (phone did not work, intercom made random buzzing noises, dishwasher filter dirty and blocked, air-con not working). No luck.
My stay was probably affected most by the constuction work - might be a good idea to check and see if that is finished before staying at this property.

Room Tip: Check to see if building works have completed before staying...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TonusTas
Diana F, Manager at Quest Spring Hill Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
We sincerely apologise with all our heart about the restaurant renovations which caused such an inconvenience to you. I have contacted the architect and he is extremely sorry about the early starts and he has promised me that he has rectified this issue. The restaurant and wine bar will be providing room service to all of our guests and should be completed by late July.
We were under the impresson that the major works had been completed on the restaurant before your stay with us. I wish i could turn back time and have allocated you to another another room during your stay with us. I will be contact with you shortly to address your concerns personally.

Kind Regards