“well done!!”

Kingsford Riverside Inn
Ranked #116 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed here 3 years ago and stayed again this year, the room was clean and quite, perfect location - only 5 minutes drove to China town. compare with last stay, this hotel has changed a lot , if you are solo traveller,I would highly recommend this hotel. well done - new managers!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Robert D

Reviewed 16 August 2013

The hotel is a way out from town, so you have to catch a bus into the city. However they are quite cheap and stop outside the hotel. Room was very spacious, with a tv, fridge, tea and coffee making facilities. Free breakfast which was a bonus. The shared facilities were well maintained. It is a great place if you can afford a bit more than a hostel but not splash out. I enjoyed my 2 days of 'luxury' compared to my hostels.

Room Tip: There is a overview room which would be the best view in the hotel, but all rooms seemed the same an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sam B
Charles D, Owner at Kingsford Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Hello Sam B, We're very happy that you were comfortable! We'll make sure you get the one with the very best view next time... Regards, Charles.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed at Kingsford Riverside Inn for 4 days while sightseeing Brisbane, and was really glad of my choice. Service was very friendly and helpful - really nice proprietors - and my room was large, sunny and inviting with nice views of the river. Bathroom, although communal (one for each floor), was clean and always vacant. Shower had a nice view. The main room could have perhaps done with a bit more cleaning near plugs behind the bed and was only partially serviced (towels and trash), but overall I was highly satisfied. Bed was very comfortable. Traffic noise was greatly reduced by the noise-proof glass of ranch-slider. Access to buses was right outside door and it was about a 15 min walk to Bretts Wharf for ferry into town. Free breakfasts (standard fare of toast and cereal) and free high speed internet saved a lot on costs, and the place was not expensive to begin with. Overall I would highly recommend Kingsford Riverside Inn as a place to stay in Brisbane, it is great value for money!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your very kind report!
We look forward to seeing you again,
Regards,
Charles.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Nothing tongue in cheek here.
The owners and their team keep a tight but happy ship.
The owner is honest, entertaining and helpful
My wife and I were on the final leg of 3 weeks travelling and met a variety of guests some going to the Lions 1st test and we expected some noise afterwards but had no trouble sleeping despite the steady traffic building in the morning.
Although basic we weren't put off as the positives were strong.
It's on the opposite side of the road from the river which wasn't what I imagined from the main photo but no worries.
The highlight is round the corner , the famous breakfast creek hotel which is brilliant for food drinks and the verandah entertainment and screens. Queues for the restaurant showed its popularity, but eating outside was quicker and more enjoyed by us without need for reservation
We decided to walk into the town centre along the boardwalk footpath which was very relaxing until the end when steep hills were encountered and realised taking the nearby bus or river cat would have been more sensible as we underestimated the time. A horse and trap racing circuit is right next door but totally silent when we were there even though they were training late at night.
Memorable for all the right reasons.

The Colonel and good lady will be coming again one day

Room Tip: Listen to the owners advice, a fair judge of character and needs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have travelled and lived across intensively!! A friend made this booking for us for just one night! Like a transit. Our first visit to Brisbane. The hotel is semi central well linked to city and suburbs and beautifully located across the river. Shared communal kitchen as well as free wifi is a bonus with families for making something for the kids when they get tired of travel food. Also the toilets are clean and change your concept of shared bathrooms!!! Above all the staff are great. Especially this gentle caring person called Charles Doyle!! Not many hospital business people give you the best details!!!! Charles gives you options not one but four to five, be it travel, transport, routes, shopping eating etc etc. he will details every aspect of your question or angst with detail as well as meticulous examples on why one option/suggestion is better than the other. One advice I can give you is listen to every word he has to say!!! KUMARS DOWN UNDER All the way from remote west Australia thank the hotel for the short experience!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We were flying into Brisbane very late at night and the owners were so helpful in arranging the key and an easy to find room for us when we arrived as reception would be closed.

This hotel is extraordinarily good value. We have stayed in hotels which cost considerably more than Kingsford Riverside with fewer facilities. The hotel has a communal bathroom which is clean and easy to access. It's a cleaver way for the hotel to provide more affordable accommodation.

The location is excellent, the hotel has a happy atmosphere, the rooms are well sized and very clean and have everything you would need for a short to medium stay.

The added bonus is breakfast! Truly awesome value and the owners should be proud.

Our only complaint... We couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bree_La_Marca
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I am not sure I would use this hotel where I a couple but given that I was on a short business trip it served my purpose very well. At first sight the hotel appeared a bit spartan but it was clean and well enough equipped with facilities I needed. On top of this the owners were verysociable and always keen to give help and assistance, so much so that I certainly will stay there next time I am in Brisbane. Location wise it is excellent being near the airport and near the city.

Mike Williams
MD Intoursport World Travel Ltd

Room Tip: Tell the owner what you are looking for
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Charles D, Owner at Kingsford Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thank you for your review Mike, accurate and helpful. Yes the outside is still a bit old fashioned, but we're working on it. We've been busy...
We started by fitting new ranch sliders to all of the balconies, and new windows throughout the building. Along with looking more modern these dramatically reduce street noise and have significantly uplifted the appearance of the building.
All rooms now also have split system air conditioners which heat and cool and are super quiet, so the rooms are much more comfy!
Looking forward to seeing you again,
Regards,