“Walked in, walked straight out.”

Kingsford Riverside Inn
Ranked #111 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I can only assume the positive reviews of this place are confusing it with the excellent nearby Riverview Hotel (where we immediately walked to, having surveyed the horror of this place). An organisation we were working with had booked accommodation near the airport for four us through Wotif. We arrived at about 8.00 pm, weren't terribly impressed with the reception area and were even less impressed with the rooms - threadbare carpet, old fashioned basins on the wall of one room (none in the others), decrepit aircon unit (stuck through the window style), 1960s style single beds (with matching era bedspreads), shared bathroom for the whole floor, propped open fire-escape at the end of the corridor near the bathroom (zero security), room doors which looked as if they would open on a nudge... Honestly, all of us have knocked around a bit and have stayed in some basic places but we just looked at each other, and agreed we weren't staying here. There wasn't even a 'will we, won't we' type of discussion - just mutual and immediate agreement. We just handed our keys back in and walked straight back out to look for reasonable accommodation. The Riverview Hotel 200m away fitted the bill very nicely than you.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Clearair21

Reviewed 18 October 2008

There is no way this place is a 3 star. It is run down. I could not even bring myself to stay there. The only modern thing in this place was the tv.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank amandanz
Reviewed 15 October 2008

after staying in overpriced accomodation in noosa with rock hard beds and limited hot water we were a bit nervous to book in a cheaper place but the kingsford riverside inn totally blew us away. Comfy clean beds, great showers and a free breakfast, wot more cd a weary traveller ask for?! The management are exceptional, helping us with directions and even went out of their way to send a sweatshirt to New Zealand after my son had left it behind. This was way above the call of duty and we were most impressed. It felt like home away from home and out of all of our stays this place really stuck in our mind. We,ll definitely be back. Excellent value for money. Well done, wished we had stayed longer!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2008

I recently stayed here and thought the hotel was excellent value for money. The staff were extremely frienndly and helpful, the rooms a good size, clean and with good facilities. Also we were able to get into the CBD quickly and easily.

I am surprised to read the negative reviews on this site as I thought this place was extremely good value and in a fantastic location - you really will struggle to find anything comparible in the area.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2007

First stayed in nov 03 and found the place clean/tidy etc with exceptionally friendly staff..manager drove me personally to where i needed to go after getting hopelessly lost..my motorcycle was put in a locked garage with camera security, hence the reason i stayed again in nov07..staff were once again exellent and on my return trip stayed again a week later and Charles and his wife Jane were back from a break, bike once again under lock and key..best security i had in a 12,000 kms trip from wa and back..I found the place once again clean/tidy and everything worked as it should...I,ve paid lots more for lots less all across Australia and its proximity to the city is great...They also provide lots of info for tourists verbally and with pamphlets etc,,highly recommended as far as i,m concerned...Russell Tatham, Mandurah.WA.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank rainman0
Reviewed 31 October 2007

Have to agree with the other review I'm afraid. First room I was given the door didn't stay shut properly! Thankfully they 'upgraded' me to a better room - right opposite the shared bathroom. People were pleasant enough but I don't think it's worth the price I'm sorry.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank returning_the_favour
Reviewed 30 January 2007

An over priced doss house. If you want a budget motel you can do much better. Motel info did NOT say shared bathrooms, run down and shabby appearance, dirty showers, noisy plumbing, noisy street, noisy neighbours ( BP Service Station). We generally stay 3 star and could have accepted all this if it had been budget priced.
DON’T