“Good business hotel, recently refurbished. A bit more refinement would lift it dramatically” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pullman Brisbane King George Square

Pullman Brisbane King George Square
Ranked #46 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

In general, hotel was well located and staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Recently refurbished rooms with nice views and all amenities one would expect if traveling for business. Taxi rank right out front and public transport at doorstep makes it easy to get to wherever you need to go quickly.
Pillows though were terrible - good hotels nowadays offer a pillow menu to cater to all sorts of different preferences. I like firmer pillows, preferably foam or orthopedic ones and the ones in the room were these cheap microfiber things that flatten the minute your head hits it. My neck was so sore the day after.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Hollytd
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Holly,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. We are very happy with our refurbishment and it’s even better when our guests enjoy it as well.

I’m sorry the pillows were not comfortable for you, unfortunately we don’t have a pillow menu but if you do stay with us again in the future housekeeping does stock a variety of pillows for our guests.

Thankyou again for your feedback, Holly.

Grant Parnell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel when it was the Sebel and under the new management and update of facilities with the Pullman label we were pleased with the overall experience which was further enhanced by the introduction of the executive floor and lounge facilities.We believe that this this upgrade provided value for money and will be happy to stay again when next visiting Brisbane.

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

All up I was pretty impressed with the stay. I booked a deal which included breakfast and parking and was pretty good considering parking itself was about $35.

Highlights
- Great rooms, spacious, well decorated and clean
- Great location - close to buses and restuarants and shopping
- Good buffet breakfast
- Was offered a late checkout

Lowlights
- Average service, being an advantage plus member I expected a little bit more
- Got told wrong timing for close of breakfast and ended up missing out on the last day
- With the renovations in the lobby, staff at front desk were struggling to keep up with guests checking in n out.
- Bought a tub of yogurt from the coffee lounge there which was a few days past its expiry
- Room service food - so,so. At least they had the decency to call n inform me when service was running late.

Other than the little bits noted above, stay was good.

Room Tip: the higher, the better.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Surfers Paradise, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

The hotel has been very nicely renovated and the rooms are comfortable and modern. The location is perfect with a short walk to Queen St mall and the bridge to Southbank. The only negative is the hotel restaurant, Allure Bistro. Avoid this restaurant (for dinner) at all costs. Expensive, terrible service, limited menu, terrible cooking, boring ambience.

A final comment - why do most Australian hotels continue to charge for internet? This should be a basic service such as cable TV. To avoid paying for internet, I always tether my iPhone to my laptop or use my 3G iPad.

Brisbane
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I decided to stay here with my wife before I went away on business for a month, I used 1 of my free nights from my Advantage Plus card I wish I had stayed at the Sofitel. I am Platinum member of Accor and travel for business and stay 60+ nights a year in hotels.

I cant fault the staff, there were extremely attentive, welcoming and friendly at all times. The rooms however are not. If you know Brisbane the Hotel has had many past brands, Carlton Crest, Sebel to name a few. The reason I decided to stay here was that since they recently changed to the Pullman brand I thought the hotel would have been through a renovation, well the foyer has.

Room was a great size that was all it had going for it. The air-conditioning wasn't working except to cool the room, I called maintenance and was told the element was on the way out, turn it up high and it should warm soon, well we went out for dinner and came back several hours later to find the room still cold. The basin in the bathroom had a crack in it and the drain was rusty, soap holder in the shower was broken so the soap kept sliding off. The bed was comfortable however you would think out of 6 pillows on the bed you would get some thick and thin, we had the thinest pillows so we had to double up to get comfortable.

When a hotel states 5 Stars you expect 5 not 4 or 3, I wont be recommending or staying here again unless the standard improves dramatically.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

4 Thank Steve_Muller
Dear Steve,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. Please accept my apologies for the maintenance of the room. Our maintenance team are at present are going through each room individual to assess what needs doing to the rooms to ensure they are up to standard.

Steve, I do hoope we can welcome you again into the future as I assure you this is not something that is consistent throughout the hotel.

Mackay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Pullman Brisbane is all around impressive. From the hotel foyer, to the decor and quality of furnishings in the rooms, the Pullman has a sense of style that says executive with a touch of luxury.
I was a little disheartened to find that my pre-payment had not been processed and I was yet to pay for the room but I guess that is just a small detail and our stay was otherwise seamless.
We will definitely be returning.

Dear zoe2489,

We very much appreciate the feedback you have left regarding you stay at the hotel. The refurbishment has certainly been impressive on an old building and one we are proud off, I’m glad you enjoyed it! We look forward to welcoming you when your return again.

Martinborough, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights at the Pullman in a on bedroom verandah suite and throughly enjoyed our stay .The room was clean and had a modern fit out ,bed was comfortable .The hotel is in a great location for buses and trains .The staff were courteous at check in and checkout .And we definitely stay here again

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Francois,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you again.