“Great hotel and great service”

Pullman Brisbane King George Square
Ranked #42 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Great hotel and great service”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Arrived later than expected and had great service from the valet and reception staff. After checking in to my well appointed, clean and modern room with a great view of the church across the road, I went down to the executive lounge to meet an acquaintance. The attendant advised that I had missed the canapés and drinks, not really an issue as I just needed somewhere quiet to sit and chat. Instead, she asked me what I would like to drink, went off and brought me back a glass of wine and a plate of biscuits and cheese because "you can't have a pinot Gris without some nibblies". The same attendant went out her way on the last day to make me and and another associate a cup of coffee from the restaurant instead of the automatic coffee in the exec lounge. Sensational service that went beyond what was required.

The restaurant was impressive with the quality of the meals and the service here was once again exceptional.

One downside was that the windows facing out to the courtyard in the hallways to the rooms, hadn't been cleaned for sometime. The cobwebs looked like they had been there for months. The other was that the breakfast served in the executive lounge is quite limited, and although I had the option of using the restaurant, I actually preferred the intimacy of the lounge for my meetings.

Location is great and I will be using this as my regular base for my Brisbane trips.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Eddie,

Thankyou for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

I also appreciate you noting the windows, these have now been cleaned. I will be sure to pass onto our Food & Beverage Manager your comments about the breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next (several) visits.

Grant Parnell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel is right in the centre of Brisbane and ideally located to explore the city. I'm not sure if it has been recently refurbished, but it all looked very smart, clean and modern. The room was excellent - we were upgraded and had a balcony - and had everything we needed. I had a great nights sleep as the room was very dark and quiet and the bed very comfortable. The rooftop pool area is great for lounging. The extensive breakfast buffet was to a very good standard. I would recommend this hotel as good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear brisbane42,

Thankyou for taking the time to tell us a little about your stay. It sounds as though you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again sometime.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed at the Pullman recently and had a very pleasant stay, The location is fantastic right next to the Town Hall building and close to the main mall. If you're coming from the airport save yourself $40 on a taxi ride as the airport rail link is a only a couple of hundred metres from the front door.

The room I had was modern and stylish, and I found the staff to be very friendly and efficient. Even though there was a conference on when I stayed I still found the staff were able to keep things running smoothly. I didn't eat at the hotel it was a little on the pricey side like most major chains, but mainly because there are plenty of good options available close by in the mall on the other side of the town hall.

Only downside was that the room rate is at the high end of the scale but you do get a very good location.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the opposite side of to the town hall if you intend on sleeping in. The town b...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lee_thal77,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I’m pleased you had a pleasant stay and thankful for your thoughts on the price, we encourage all feedback as it helps us to meet our guests needs. The staff will also take great encouragement from your kind comments.

Kuranda, Australia
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Tried to book for bed and breakfast first up. Looked to be available on site. NOT SO... When I called booking agency I was assured on booking these rooms they had been hand picked. Had option to choose king bed - did so...didn't happen.

Ended up with room overlooking bloody smokers' courtyard - disgusting. Noisy. Toilet running in room all night. Cockroaches. Air-con didn't work. Made mention on check-out - she was on the phone more concerned about that than bidding us farewell...will NEVER spend another night in this establishment...value for money :( :(

Tried to get half/half pizza to share from restaurant - NO GO... he eats meat - I'm vegetarian. They DID NOT CARE!

Tried to find pizza restaurant from concierge - they failed to ring back - claimed they tried TWICE and no answer - NO WAY - upon ringing to check as I'd heard nothing found they had called wrong room number.

So SO disappointed. This was meant to be a very special week-end away for me as a gift from my partner.

We will NEVER stay with PULLMAN - or recommend to ANYBODY.

Called to find out how I could lodge a review as I was unhappy. Nobody from hotel was interested but said Manager reads these reviews...how sad is that? Nobody cares...but if the Manager reads this hopefully somebody in the future might be spared the expense of such a terrible experience.

SOOO DISAPPOINTED - a once in a lifetime experience completely wrecked.

Room Tip: Avoid Pullman - I have more stories to tell if you wish to hear them.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colleen L
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Colleen

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay, it is greatly appreciated when our guests do leave us with feedback. It seems as though we have let you down on many occasions throughout your stay and being a special time, it is unacceptable on our behalf.

Colleen, I would like to discuss with you further your stay. If you could please email with you contact details and any other concerns, so that I can ring you. My email is grant.parnell@accor.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gladstone, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Being the base for an business trip for us, the Pullman offered a great location central to the Brisbane CBD for our stay. The room was very well appointed, as was the hotel in general. Being a busy weekend with a large concert in town, they were very well organised and we couldn't complain about the service at all. Highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear themac71,

I can’t tell you how appreciative we are of your kind words. It’s sounds as though you enjoyed your stay and thankyou for your high recommendation!

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the pullman over the valentines day weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed the upgrade to the spa suite which was roomy and very comfortable. All the staff were accommodating and courteous to their guests.

We were allowed access to the executive lounge which was a great addition to our holiday. The little nibbles before dinner and drinks was very nice. Breakfast was excellent at bistro allure however the poached eggs I received were not that fresh but everything else was delicious.

The front desk also gave us two free drink cards for the bar. The bartender there was friendly and attentive.

The only downside is having to walk in kind of a maze to get to the pool and sauna. However the facilities there were great.

Overall we were pleasantly surprised with the level of professionalism and how friendly the staff were at the same time!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear jungyy,

Thankyou for choosing to stay with us to enjoy Valentines Day. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time here and were surprised by the level of professionalism. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Really nice and clean hotel with large comfy beds. Staff very helpful. Good location within walking distance to shops and sites. Arrived early so room wasn't ready, stored our bags straight away and phoned once room was ready. Great service.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear AndyTaylorUK,

I’m pleased to read that you had great service at the hotel; we do have some great team members. We are in a great location and central to so much that Brisbane has to offer. Thankyou for telling us a little about your stay.