“wonderful overnight stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Gatton, Australia
“wonderful overnight stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My Daughter and I love going to Brisbane to see musicals. We were lucky enough to get a Scoopon deal to stay at Pullmans we were so excited and we were not disappointed, when we arrived we were taken care of by a lovely girl with a lovely name that suited her Victoria Rose in fact all the staff were amazing. We did not have to wait long for our room and while we waited we enjoyed a pot of tea and a muffin at there coffee shop. That night we had pizza for dinner at the Kg bar so tasty and a full buffet breakfast the next morning, all the food was delicious and staff so friendly. The room our first word was wow and the beds so comfortable and Bathroom wow we felt so special all the little extras shower gel etc everything you need. We Love Brisbane and if we ever see a Scoopon for Pullmans again we will be sure to get it we will be on the look out for special deals at this hotel.The location is amazing easy walk to everything and it was quiet. All in all we we had a wonderful overnight stay and we would be happy to do it again and we recommend it highly if you don,t like it here then you are just to hard to please. Wendy & Sarah Aus

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Wendy,

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to tell us about your stay, I’m very pleased to read what a wonderful time you and your daughter had with us. I’ll be sure to pass onto each department your feedback, which I have no doubt they will be grateful to hear. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you again one day!

Grant Parnell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had read some of the reviews on this hotel and they were negative. Our room did overlook the air conditioning and a brick wall but I was not in Brisbane to look at the views from our room so it did not bother me.

We found the check in and check out process very good and our room was spacious and clean.

We would stay there again. It is a fantastic location.

We did not include breakfast as we thought it was over priced and there are other restaurants close by that offered similiar for a better price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lismore, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have just paid for a voucher through scoop on, and forgot to check on parking costs. Usually staying on the Gold Coast, and staying a night pre our cruise in June, I am not used to paying exorbitant parking fees. I have tried to find how much it costs, and I have read on here it costs 35 per night self park!! Wow! Unfortunately, if I had known how much parking would be, despite also getting breakfast on a Friday Saturday stay, I would have booked and stayed on the Gold Coast for much cheaper.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank trishnbek
Dear trishnbek,

Thank you for your feedback about the parking in the hotel. Brisbane is an incredibly competitive market with regards to parking and we try to remain competitive to keep the costs lower for our guests. We are appreciative of your feedback and will most certainly take it into account for the future.

North Qld
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The saying "you get what you pay for" is true of this hotel. At $165 per night as an Accor member it represents good value however this is not a 5 star hotel. Good location so you can walk to most places, the staff always seem busy, it is a big hotel yet they have a small "pod" style front desk very poorly designed. The Sofitel Brisbane is far superior however they do not award Accor points (very poor indeed) so the Pullman is the only "5 star" option. The Pullman is an unusual brand, it would seem hotels managed by Accor that don't meet Sofitel standard are branded Pullman, the Pullman Hyde Park Sydney another not so great "5 star" wanna be. Would I stay at Pullman Brisbane again? Yes it is good value, most things work (not the wifi though) clean enough and good location. Does it exceed your expectations? Not in the 5 times I have stayed in the past 6 months, having said that I will check in again in 5 days and could be pleasantly surprised...

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear jjaaus,

Thankyou for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and you have made some very valid points with regards to changes we can make. I’m sorry that in the time you have stayed that we haven’t exceeded your expectations and hope that we were able to on your last stay.

Merimbula, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I regularly have to stay in Brisbane. I chose this hotel (both work and pleasure) because of the location, cleanliness, quality and overall facilities. I'm confident there are other hotels just as good, but because I have no reason to want to change I haven't.

Room Tip: There are rooms with better outlooks than others. It is worth the extra for one up higher and facing...