“Over Rated- Rude Staff- Car Park access difficuly”

Pullman Brisbane King George Square
Ranked #43 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 22 October 2008

I stayed here last weekend, and booked it through Last Minute.

They advertised a 4.5 star rating, but upon arrival- the concierges did not even offer to take my bags into my room.

The car park was out of the way, as I had to use two lifts and walk 50m to get to my hotel room. Also, the car park fills up pretty quickly, so it's pot luck getting a spot.

For a Hotel claiming 4.5 stars, Citigate did not provide complimentary toothbrushes, slippers or even a cheap shaver.

The room was small and crampy, with a very small window overlooking a road.

On the first night, I was scratching profusely and I suspect that the bedsheets were not washed.

Another bad point, is that they kept all their tourist brochures behind the unfriendly concierge desks. When I asked them for a look, they weren't really interested in talking about Brisbane's many tourist sites.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank pat0070
There are newer reviews for Pullman Brisbane King George Square

Reviewed 2 August 2008

A comfortable hotel in a very central location - the room was fine and staff friendly helpful and courteous. Bistro restaurant good for evening meals and reasonable value. Relaxed stay with no problems

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moonraker_8
Reviewed 27 July 2008

Stayed for 3 nights while attending a conference. I was actually pleasantly surprised and it made me more optimistic about mid-range hotels.

All the staff I dealt with were extremely friendly and helpful (this is usually where mid-range hotels fall down). The room was very comfortable - good bed, new furniture and a new flat screen tv. The bathroom didn't look like it had been renovated with the rest of the hotel, but it was functional (tiles need to be re-grouted, though). I ordered room service twice and it was the quickest I've ever experienced - the longest wait was 20 mins and the food arrived piping hot and tasty. The pool and gym were ok - what I would expect for this standard of hotel (although I would be disappointed if I were staying in the more expensive Sebel, which uses the same facilities).

The one problem, and I think it's quite a bad one, was that there were a number of hairs in the shower when I arrived. This breaks a pretty big rule for me. The last thing you want in a bathroom is evidence of the previous guest. Also, on the following days there were hairs left behind after the bathroom had been cleaned (hopefully mine by this stage). I'm sure this was the result of one bad cleaner, so this is probably not going to be an issue for most guests. But still.....

I'm not overly attached to this hotel but if I were in Brisbane in the future for work with a limited budget I would definitely consider it.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank TravellinAfrican
Reviewed 13 July 2008

Stayed at this hotel previously when it had a different name. Quite close to the main shopping area. Hotel is quite old, but decent enough for business travel.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank Mullay
Reviewed 2 June 2008

My friend and i arrived to the hotel after booking thru wotif.com, we booked a room with two queen size beds, when we arrived we were given a room with one queen size bed. We told them that we wanted seperate beds but they told us that due to a seminar they couldnt change rooms but they could care less.

The room was nice but considering we had to share a bed my friend and i were dissapointed.

When we checked out of the hotel, there was 2 breakfast charges to our room....yet we had not ordered or recieved any breakfast.

The concierges (tom in particular) were the only helpful staff there and went out of their way to accomadate us.

Poor check in service.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank WallySmit
Reviewed 21 January 2008

This place is billed a 5 star. It is not.

When we arrived Friday afternoon, no porters to be seen, dragged bags to reception and room.

Extensive remodelling / construction in lobby area. Long queues for service.

"Refurbished rooms" are large but with old carpet, curtains and furniture. Balcony furniture is cheap plastic with weeds growing through tiles. Old bathroom fittings with tiny baths

Concierge service is indifferent.

Pool area is awful

Stay somewhere else...there are better places

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank Manoja
Reviewed 3 September 2007

after booking over the net i was a little hesitant to stay because of the not so great reviews listed but we were pleasantly surprised. The staff were very accommodating to us and we were able to check into our rooms early (11.30am) the room was very clean, beautifully furnished with flat screen tv, bath robes and slippers and with lovely little toiletries. The view from our room looked into the hotel courtyard and across to other rooms but we were not concerned because we didn't pick the hotel for the view we picked it for the location which was perfect!!!!! The only real downside we had was with the valet and not having our car ready for us when we required, but it was river fire night and the hotel was packed so they were very busy. we would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple