1,309 results
All reviews emporium hotel james street tartufo a king spa suite molton brown toiletries cocktail bar downstairs rooftop pool pillow menu turn down service valet parking espresso machine washer dryer in room dining luxury hotel beautiful hotel small kitchenette comfortable bed
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have been visiting Brisbane for the last 17 years and I have traditionally stayed in the main CBD but that is all about to change. The Emporium hotel has great staff, great room and is located 10 minutes out of the main CBD. You can catch a can for around $10 or hope on one of the many busses that stop, both way very close to the hotel. There are great restaurants all around it so you have a wide array of food to choose from. The rooms are very modern and fully outfitted - microwave, wine glasses, wifi etc etc. The windows are double glassed and you don't hear a thing.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank 391grantt
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Love the hotel, beautiful deco and modern outlook! It was recommended by friends and it is the best hotel in town. 10 dollar Cab fares to CBD and 20 minutes to the airport. The location is good as I need to go for a meeting early in the morning in Bowen Hill, it was literally 3 minutes walk to where I need to be. I had a big king room to myself and a beautifully finished bathroom that comes with washing machine. I must say, nothing beat a big slap of Calaccata Marble in the bathroom and make the room feel shmuc and luxurious. The only downside is the latex mattress and pillows keeping me awake as they get too hot during the night. I am personally not a big fan of latex because they can create a lot of heat.

5  Thank 483junel
Reviewed 17 July 2014

A wonderful place for an over night stay whether it be business or pleasure. Huge bedroom, with his & her bathroom sinks. The pool is small, but enjoyable for adults. Friendly & professional staff greet you on arrival and as I arrived many hours before check in and was offer a room straight away for a little. I was so expecting to be waiting for hours. Right next door is this little café which makes you feel you are in France. There are many restaurants in the area, I'm sure you'll find something to your taste. If you find the hotel bar to up market (it's very nice) there's a pub across the main road. So easy to enjoy your stay. I stayed on a weekend night, so the traffic in the morning wasn't noticed.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Martir18
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights on my own as a treat away from the family! The beds are incredible, pillow selection great and rooms really spacious. I stayed in one of the King Suites which was beautiful. The rooms are so well equipped for a hotel - fridge, microwave, wine glasses plates and cutlery so you could bring dinner back to your room from one of the many places located around the hotel plus even a washing machine - very well set up so you never felt like you were losing space. Cocktail bar downstairs well worth a visit and the pool on the roof is gorgeous! Only issues i had was that there was very noisy music being played on the first night although the second was really quiet and i had my best sleep ever in a hotel!! Also the quality of the room service food was not great - and certainly not at 5 star level, however there are plenty of restaurants within about 2 minutes walk so this is not a problem at all!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Lewisfamily1
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I had the good fortune to attend theBastille Day French Champagne dinner last night. This was to be a treat for his birthday. The event was fabulous, great food and champagne and an entertaining night. While Antoine Huray provided the great champagne and stories, he was equally supported by your professional and knowledgeable staff. At all levels they were a credit to the hotel.
An added bonus was the arranging of a free birthday night cap to complete the evening before retiring to our room. This was an unexpected and very pleasant way to round off the night.

This is the second time we have had an overnight stay in thisestablishment, and I look forward to the next occasion when we decide not to return home for the night!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple