“One of the best hotels around”
Review of Emporium Hotel

Emporium Hotel
Ranked #2 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
Melbourne
“One of the best hotels around”
Reviewed 28 May 2010

Just about everything at the Emporium is the best you'll find. From the ultra modern lobby and excellent service through to very well appointed rooms. I stayed in a King spa room. The room has a good size tv (42" LCD) with a good selection of channels; kitchenette (microwave, dishwasher, crockery and cutlery) which was very good for making your own simple meal, and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom is a good size with a separate, and large shower (I hate a shower over the bath) as well as a good spa. They have thought of just about everything to include in the room....from the night light in the bathroom to a bottle of water each night beside the bed. This hotel is first class all the way To top things off there's a good selection of restaurants, bars and café's in the emporium complex.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I've stayed at the Emporium a few times and until now have had no complaints. It's a very stylish, clean and well setup hotel. The staff are generally very helpful and friendly and it's in a good location. This trip however I have two complaints, one related to my own stay, and one on the hotel in general.

The first is that even though, from what I could tell, the hotel was not very busy they put me in a room right next to the lift. so all night I could hear the lift going up and down and this affected my sleep. I know i should have asked to be moved when i checked in but i tend to not want to cause a fuss. I just think that it's poor service for them to put people in the rooms next to the lifts if they don't need to. they obviously know these are the least favourable rooms in the hotel.

my second complaint is about the wireless internet. It is $20 for 24hrs, which is not super expensive but certainly not cheap, and is very slow. I could barely receive an email that was around 1mb in size (not a big file at all these days). I think if you are going to pay that much you deserve to get fast internet that can handle any downloads, etc.

I still think this is a good hotel, but the above two things will definitely make me think twice before staying here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew J
EmporiumManagement, Front Office Manager at Emporium Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2010
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I sincerely apologise for the external noise experienced during your most recent stay. We will make an immediate note in your guest history regarding room preferences, which can also be guaranteed if booking a superior room type.

In regards to the slow internet connection, thank you for notifying us of this issue. As technological advances of computers are constantly expanding, download demands have also increased significantly and therefore higher usage from guests is expected to occur. This may indeed impact on a user, especially if a number of in-house guests are accessing the internet simultaneously. In an effort to remedy this, we will contact our internet supplier and arrange to increase data download capabilities, without increasing the costs paid by our guests.

Thank you again for taking time to pass on your experiences, as the Emporium continuously aspires to remain rated as one of Brisbane’s most popular hotels.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Love this amazing hotel. It's beautiful, clean, stylish, has great wine, friendly staff and loads of cute restaurants just across the road. (Book in advance as it took us a while to get a table). It's a bit far out of the centre of Brisbane but as didn't enjoy our time in the city, we just spent the whole time in this lovely hotel and would definitely stay again if we find ourselves back in the city. (Worth booking a spa room for the huge spa bath.)

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Great hotel. It is modern, sleek and the staff are super friendly and helpful. We stayed one night there whilst on our honeymoon and could have stayed longer. They upgraded our room and even had champagne (sparkling) chilling for us with two glasses.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2010

When in Brissie, stay at the Emporium. Lots of attitude, marvellous, fully equipped rooms, seven different pillows to choose from, a superb french-cuisine restaurant with an outstanding wine selection - and that one-of-a-kind pool at the roof terrace. Desk service can be a bit stressed out at times, but then again, who's not? Highly recommended.

Stayed November 2009
brisnane
Reviewed 8 May 2010

I had the good fortune to stay at the Emporium on the night of the 31 of Jan 2010. I had initally booked to stay at the Snooze Inn at the Fortitude Valley as well, but on arriving at the Snooze Inn I was very rudely told by a very arrogant man at the Reception who also claimed to be the owner of the Snooze Inn, I was basically told that my reservations were cancelled as they had to honour an internet booking from "Wotif.com", he was not interested at all to find me an option as well, just choked me and my partner off and told us to leave the property, I was motified with this experience as I too have been a hospitality worker for 17 long years, so this behaviour was real devestating to come across, anyway I then had seen the Emporium Hotel and had heard off it from friends, so decided to go there insted, at the reception i was greeted so kindly and professionally, i explained my situation to the reception staff and they were so empathitic to the situation, they gave me a real lovely room and also complimentary coupons to use their cocktail bar, I was so pleased that they turned around my nagative mindset to such a positive experience. The room was very beautiful, comfortable and cozy. I would definately recommend this lovely botique hotel to anyone coming to the City. Go ahead and experience it for yourself guys and girls. Have fun "Stay away from the Snooze Inn" very shonkey operators.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2010

This hotel was wonderful, especially being a first time visit to Brisbane. The location was also great - the things you can do, see, eat, shop around the Emporium hotel in the Emporium precinct was enjoyable. Try the Mecca Bah for food/drinks.
Walked a few times to the city (bit of a hike but if you like walking...) but there is also a fast train service to Central station from Fortitude Valley station a few minutes away.
Loved the water and chocolates afternoon service and the morning newspapers. And the staff were all friendly and helpful from reception, to cleaners. Great bar in the hotel to start your evening.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple