“Excellent evening”

Madame Wu
Ranked #61 of 5,146 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Madame Wu is an exciting restaurant and bar set in a first class CBD location serving modern Asian fusion food, contemporary cocktails and the wines of the world overlooking Brisbane’s best vista. Our food is authentic and inspiring with modern styling and is best enjoyed family style with meals coming throughout the course of the dining experience for all to share.
Reviewed 15 December 2017

As regular customers here, it's always good to note their consistency in food and service.

On this occasion, it was last Thursday night and being the week before Christmas it was as busy as we expected.

Food and the environment was as good as ever, but I can't help feeling that there is this attitude of we're too busy to talk to you, other than to take your order! So, when the staff approach your table they expect to disrupt all conversation and also expect you to know exactly what you want off the menu! No time to (and generally not able to) really explain anything on the menu..... as it's my first night!

So, it's a pity restaurants that are evidently successful, such as this, are not retaining staff or achieving any quality in their service areas!

Otherwise highly recommended!

Reviewed 14 December 2017

The atmosphere was a buzz with everyone in the Christmas spirit. We ordered the $65 banquet menu which was delicious.
Our issue was the seating. We made our booking 2 months prior and when we arrived we were ushered to the bar area and had to sit on high tables with stools. Not the ideal seating arrangements for a long lunch celebrating our friendship and Christmas.
Sorry we won't be going back.

2  Thank ShereeW1
Reviewed 13 December 2017

The majority of the group had a fixed menu as per the restaurant policy however dietary departures from this can not be accommodated, e.g. no vegetarian shared menu. However these two diners could oder a la carte. The food was however consistently good except for the mushroom and tofu in a chili broth that was served cold. There was a bit of a delay between the entrees and mains and the tables did not appear to be served in the order that the orders were placed, which may have been why the broth sat around for a while getting cold. However, quantities were generous, the chicken wings, pork belly and beef cheeks were the top rated options. Wine list was good with a tendency to pour glasses to the top, presumably to make you order more wine. The decor is nice but the music was loud making it hard to hear others. All up it was a very enjoyable meal and we were well looked after.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Wow what a place to have our recent work Christmas party at, the food was absolutely delicious, stunning dumplings and other little morsels, all so tasty. The staff were very attentive and friendly. Bar prices were expensive. Our party had private access to the floor space in front of the bar and the adjacent front deck, which offered stunning evening views over the Brisbane River. We would definitely like to go back to this restaurant for the dumplings.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I arranged a booking for my birthday on 22 November and Kirsty booked a table on the balcony for me which I was looking forward to. When we arrived at 7pm we were taken to a table inside right next to the kitchen. I mentioned to the waitress that I had a balcony booking and she said the balcony was full. I wasn’t happy with that so she spoke to the gentleman at the front desk and he found us a table on the balcony. We were then seated at a table towards the back of the balcony right next to a long bench where dirty dishes with food scraps were left next to where we were eating all night. I’m not sure why they were left there for such long periods of time instead of being taken inside.

What made this particularly a disappointing experience was that nobody apologised and nobody seemed to care. I emailed the restaurant to provide this feedback and I was thanked for my email and that was it. Still no apology. Absolutely appalling customer service.

3  Thank moniquetraveller22