“The most active, friendly and unique menu I have seen.”
Review of Show Off - CLOSED

Show Off
Brisbane, Australia
“The most active, friendly and unique menu I have seen.”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Ive got a confession to make……I LOVE COFFEE, and Show Off has good coffee, great coffee, in fact it is award winning, professionally extracted and served coffee in the greater West, (based in Sherwood).

Just down from the train station a little unpretentious cafe called Show Off came into view as I drove down Sherwood Road. Luckely I could park easily and try out what I thought was just going to be a cup of coffee, and maybe a snack. Well I did not know what was going to happen from there over the last few weeks. The cafe was shut next time I went there, and I was really disappointed as I have the BEST COFFEE that I had tasted in a long time and the light meal I had not only provided me with nourishment, but there was something different going on here, and I needed to come back.

When I came back they were closed, but little did I know that something big was happening. I kept going back and then BAM they were open again and I parked and went into a newly designed and groovy little pad to experience one of the best meals I have had which consisted of fusion cuisine in the area.

The menu was different, the wine was different, (I came back one night as I drove by and noticed they were open), and the whole place had been renovated. I LOVE this place, and the new menu is not huge, but it is good/great/real not only in value but in taste. How do I know so much about the menu and the dishes? Well I have been going back to Show Off for weeks now, trying each item, chatting to Jo and Kenny, and all the great gals on staff.

This is my cafe pad now, and I am a converted customer and dine very often, and get my coffee each morning from them. I live in Brisbane and travel a bit and eat all over the place, but because Show Off is not pretentious and is very reasonable in its prices I can afford to dine out there more than usual or at other places.

I highly recommend to you the newly renovated Show Off and there new menu. Go and have a coffee, because thats where I started, and decide for yourself. I will be surprised that if you dine there a few times and try a couple of dishes, you too will be back like an addiction like me.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Justin J

Kent, United Kingdom
“Liveliest and most enjoyable place to eat for miles around”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a favourite of mine because there's nothing like it anywhere around. It is an intimately sized restaurant that has a lively casual atmosphere. There's an affordable all day breakfast menu, as well as lunch and dinner. There is often live music in the evenings and on weekends - mostly jazz and folk guitar soloists on the times I've been there (probably best to phone them or check their Facebook page for specific times when it's on). Teenagers who otherwise have to be dragged out are happy because of the free wifi. The menu is varied and affordable. The staff are always very friendly and accommodating. There is indoor and covered outdoor seating. Hip decor and subdued lighting. Up until now most of the places around this area that had these kinds of offerings were just zero ambience clubs, with hardly any service and usually with pokie machines clanging away in the background. This place is friendly, affordable and sophisticated and represents a coming of age for it's environs. Top marks from me.

• Visited April 2014