“great again”

Ranked #56 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Mermaid Waters, Australia
“great again”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

stayed at festival towers for second time in a month as per usual great staff great service great room and facilities thanks again will be back soon would reccomend this hotel to everyone my family love it

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
OFTB, Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at Oaks Festival Towers. It is great to receive your feedback and we am delighted to hear that we are able to meet your expectations with service, facilities and our hotel apartments each time you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Korean first
Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We recently spend a long weekend in Brisbane and decided to stay at Oaks Festival Towers.
We booked online and saved quite a considerable amount of money. You can book directly with them and still save.

We had a 1 bedroom apartment on the 28th floor. The room was clean and comfortable and had a wonderful view from the glassed in balcony.

The only negative was that the water temperature in the shower varied immensely. One moment it was nice, then it was quite cold, then too hot.

The location of the Oaks is fantastic as the mall is only a short walk away and South Bank is within walking distance as well.

We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Brisbane.

Room Tip: When you book, ask for a higher room to get away from any street noise.
1 Thank Narelle S
OFTB, Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide you comments regarding your recent stay with us at Oaks Festival Towers. We are pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of the great deals available over the long weekend. Our apologies regarding the shower water temperature; we have now passed this on to our maintenance team to investigate further. Again it is great to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Kilmore, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Strongly recommended for business and family staying in CBD. Reasonably priced
Stayed in apt 1607 ( I think) which was an (upgraded) corner double bed apartment with nearly no road noise. Very clean with all facilities (fantastic audio TV system). Great location in down town Brisbane (not sure about parking yet taxi very frequent?). I did notice they charged me 82c for them to call me a taxi!
Helpful friendly reception. Excellent sporting facilities. good gym, super clean lap pool, separate pool and spa plunge pool. Recommend June-Aug try to go swimming between 8-10AM as you will have sunshine.

If they had feather pillows available on request and the curtains in one of the bedrooms wasn't broken it could even be a 5*review (I've only ever done this once)!

Room Tip: Stay in higher floor to reduce road noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KARPTHEC
OFTB, Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for sharing you Oaks Festival Towers experience with us. We are pleased to read your review and delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the apartment and hotel facilities that we have to offer. Again we would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we will be sharing your review with the rest of the team at Oaks Festival Towers. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Sydney
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Catch up with a friend who drove us (wife and I) from the airport to here. Parked in a no parking spot (centre of Brisbane) to get bags out and check in, with wife going back to the car with a 4 hours free parking ticket - thank you.
Then I do the usual admin matters - name, address, credit card deposit of $150. Now the room was booked and paid for online by my wife. I ask for the key to room so I can put the bags in the room come back down and go out - at this time it was 9pm Friday night and long weekend. The response is "no - the room is not in your name. This is policy!". So after taking our money online, seeing me walk in with my wife and accepting $150 deposit off my credit card I get told to sit down like a naught little boy and you will wait till your wife returns and I will give her the keys! Really is the most ridiculous situation I have ever had anywhere in the world.

As for the location it was perfect and the room large, clean and comfortable. Also, nice views of bridge, river and city.

1 Thank markmik
OFTB, Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Oaks Festival Towers. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience during your check-in at the hotel. For security reasons we have strict policies and procedures to only provide apartment keys to guests advised on the hotel registration card and photo ID is always required upon collection. Your check-in experience has since been discussed with the front office team members involved to further improve our service standards and guest experience. We are glad to hear that you have found the hotel apartments to be suitable for your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.
Cairns
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at Oaks Festival Towers a few nights ago while on a quick trip to Brisvegas. An old friend came to town so we could catch up. No problems rearranging the double bed to two singles. These were comfortable and wide enough for someone used to a big bed. I checked the tips from other reviewers on this site so knew to request a room high up so we would have a view and not be looking at the building next door. Between dropping my bag at reception and returning later in the day I had been reallocated a room several floors higher (28th) than I was originally told. The view was pleasing, including a small section of the river. The receptionist was also most helpful in checking the bus route from the city out to Greenslopes and provided me with bus numbers, the stop closest to my destination and where to catch it. The bus stop was at the nearby Myer Centre in the Queen Street mall - just a few minutes walk. The location of this hotel is terrific - right in the centre of town, close to a good variety of eateries (recommend the little ?Korean takeaway and bottleshop nearby in Albert Street) and easy walking distance from Central Station. I rang the hotel while on the Skytrain from the airport and the staff gave clear, concise directions on how to get there. There may have been better deals price-wise in other hotels but this one fit the bill. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river on a higher floor (from 22 up).
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
OFTB, Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Festival Towers on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that we have been able to meet your requests and our staff were able to relocate your reservation to an apartment on a higher floor. Please note that unfortunately we are not always able to meet these requests as they are subject to availability. We are also pleased to hear that our friendly reception team have been able to assist you with your public transport enquiries and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Was here on a business trip and the price is quite good for a fantastic location, but not much else going for this property.

I waited ten minutes to check-in as there were about 4 other guests ahead of me. The staff at the counter were friendly and no complaints on them.

Upon exiting the lift to my level (#28) I was met by a thoroughly unpleasant odour in the hallway which persisted during my entire 3 days there. My room, while spacious, did not smell much better. The temperature was far cooler than I would have liked but despite turning on the furnace to full, absolutely no hot air came from the vents and temperature moved only 1 degree - however, this is probably because I turned on the oven AND stovetops to warm up the place a little. I suppose I could have mentioned this to the staff and I'm sure they would have moved me, but I really didn't stick around the room long enough to make it a big issue.

As a bonus, you get a fantastic floor-to-ceiling view... of the building next to you.

Cleanliness was not an issue and no complaints on housekeeping.

Price sensitive guests would do well here, but if you have a few extra bucks to spend you'd be better off elsewhere.

Room Tip: Confirm that your heating and A/C work in your room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CAN_in_AUS
OFTB, Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks Festival Towers and would like to apologise that we were not able to attend to you sooner. We like to spend this one on one time with each guest to welcome them to the hotel and ensure that all important information is provided. Regarding the concerns raised, this has been passed on to the maintenance and housekeeping department to investigate further. However we encourage all our guests to contact our 24hour reception, so that our friendly front desk team can assist with any concerns they may have. We thank you again for your feedback as this helps us to improve our service standards and we hope to welcome you back to Oaks Festival Towers.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

There were a couple of issues we had. The location of the carpark was explained to us on the phone as "just after the hotel", and we were told to press the intercom and they would let us in. With the area being unfamiliar, we saw the big carpark labelled "Fesitval Parking" so thought that must be it. Pressed the intercom and the guy said it was the carpark before that we were looking for. We were very confused as this we didn't see any other signs or anything that resembled a carpark. Either way, we still had to pay $10 to drive in and out of that 'Festival Carpark', and an additional $25 for the car park at the hotel. We decided to hire a DVD out for the night and the DVD player wouldn't work. Rang reception a couple of times but no answer which was a bit disappointing. We booked an executive one bedroom and ended up getting the top floor which we were pleased about. The only thing was that the room got to hot and stuffy at night with the door closed. No air or ventilation into the room what so ever. Other than those few inconveniences, everything else was good. Room was clean and the indoor dining room/balcony was cool.

OFTB, Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at Oaks Festival Towers. We sincerely apologise that more precise directions to our car park entry were not provided as we do understand it can be confusing for visitors who are not familiar with the city. We are also disappointed to hear that our front office reception staff were not able to assist you with the DVD player on this occasion and have now passed this onto our Maintenance team to investigate further. We do however appreciate your feedback as this is as a valuable source of information to continually improve and exceed our guest services. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you to Oaks Festival Towers again.