“TOOWONG COFFEE CLUB”

Ranked #306 of 411 Coffee & Tea in Brisbane
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The Toowong Coffee Club is located on the corner of Sherwood Road and Jephson Road, down from Toowong Village; great location . My daughter and I called in for afternoon coffee midweek . The décor inside was drab,depressing, a taste of things to come ! Our service was brisk and polite ,but the coffees lacked that wow taste . I ordered a macadamia slice, it looked to die for, however upon first bite it seemed more like to die from , the slice would have been a week old, the caramel was dry,chalky, the macadamias had seen better days ! Not one of the better Coffee Clubs, bad letdown !!!

1  Thank susy1Brisbane

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Everyone happy in our family group - the only exception take was by 2 of us who ordered the big brekky and found the steak to be a stringy, tasteless flap of meat (imagine an anemic strip of cheap strip of schnitzel pressed into service as a steak when it should have been sliced or diced) and the sausages were pale and tasteless.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

The Coffee Club is, in my view, trading off its early performance. The service has fallen away, the meals are factory quality, not upmarket cafe quality and the coffee is over-priced. It's a pity because the concept started out so well.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

Mostly average food but the Eggs Benny is ok, The Big Breakfast($20) is very very average(feed the Steak to your dog) I have asked for this to be omitted from my plate several times and give me extra mushrooms or something else instead but they won't deviate from the menu! Now I just buy something that is half the price instead! The Staff always seem pre-occupied and would rather be elsewhere, the service is average to poor mostly, the last time we witnessed a girl spill a customers coffee all over them and their phones etc.(yes I know accidents do happen but a lot seem to happen at The Coffee Club!) High turnover of staff no doubt.

Reviewed 21 November 2011