“Better than last time”

Jo-Jo's
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Had dinner here recently. I chose Jo-Jo's because I couldn't decide what I wanted and they have a large range. Got a steak with Diane Sauce....and I really enjoyed it. Cooked nicely (well done....calm down purists.... keep your medium rare to My Kitchen Rules please). I sat on the balcony and it all went well.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

If, like us, you're not fans of food courts and you find yourself in Queen St Mall at lunchtime then you want somewhere reasonable to eat. The restaurants down the centre of the mall are ok, but with no air-con in summer it's often much too warm.

Jo Jo's is not a bad option. It's air-conditioned and each guest can order from multiple kitchens (Thai, Mediterranean, Steak, etc). My husband started with a frosty beer, I a crisp wine - A great place to escape the crowds and heat.

The service was fairly good too. The only problem is the restaurant seems to have limited awareness of food intolerances. I advised the waitress I was lactose intolerant and requested no dressing on my salad .... only to have the accompanying calamari come out drowning in some kind of creamy concoction that wasn't listed on the menu. That said, the manager quickly intervened and I was presented with a fresh meal that was excellent - the calamari was beautifully tender.

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

It's almost like waking into a privately owned food court, except with delicate fixtures and elegant seating / decorating.

Upon entering JoJo's, you are greeted by 6 different cuisine areas to order what you desire. From Italian food to Thai, with steaks in between, or even a pizza. It's all here. Even with an extensive bar.

We love dining here when with company, or even just ourselves.

Beautiful at dusk, try and get a balcony seat if possible!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

With every trip to Brisbane we inevitably end up here because it's a great to sit out on the upstairs verandah and watch the world go by. Drinks are good and food OK, but you can't beat the atmosphere. Recommended for drinks.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Love the way JoJo's has been set up. You can chose the type of food you would like to have and then go to the right food station. It's great for kids. There's a huge variety of dishes. Price is average. Very central, pretty much in the middle of town.