“Back in business”

Mondo Organics
Ranked #616 of 4,327 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opened in 2000, Mondo restaurant, catering and cooking school was inspired by a concern about the increasing use of chemical pesticides, preservatives and genetically-modified additives in everyday foods. Mondo understands the superior taste of organic foods. We are dedicated to sourcing the highest quality produce available. Mondo is passionate about providing a distinctive & delicious 'real food' experience, delivered with care. Eat Mondo...Feel Good.
Brisbane, Australia
“Back in business”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Went to dinner last night and the new chef Paul and his team NAILED IT. Actually I'm not sure if Paul was there but his menu is divine and the flavours on every plate just worked magically.

We had the olives, mushroom tart, fish, potato squares, chocolate/meringue and banana/mousse and it was all brilliant. These were some quotes from my partner: 'I'm not relying on the potato squares to make me feel happy, every dish is amazing' and probably my favourite 'this is getting close to sex it's that good' hahahahaha.

Happy customers again, will go back with this new menu

• Visited April 2014

Broadbeach, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disappointed”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Firstly the food tasted delicious. But the rump steak was tough. The reason for our average score is the restaurant needs a huge clean. It was very grubby and the floor filthy and we were there at lunch! The lay out is unfortunate in that the kitchen is in two parts and the staff are continuously going from one to the other, right past the patrons, carrying food and dishes. Who wants to see the chef carrying meat in plastic bags! The kitchens are visible and very untidy and unclean and the kitchen staff were untidy and their uniforms/aprons unclean. The restrooms are next to the kitchen so it is easy to see what is going on in there. The restaurant generally is very tired and it needs to be closed and thoroughly cleaned. We are not Brisbane locals and always looked forward to visiting this well known restaurant. The one waiter was too smart, too loud and forgot our red wine. He was not busy there was only one other table of 3 occupied.

• Visited March 2014
Brisbane
“Luxury Breakfast”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Went with partner and another couple. Without exception we all all enjoyed the meal.
The food was tasty and wholesome, the service good, one of our party is Celiac and she loved the extensive GF options.
We observed that the food didn't seem fatty. So often breakfast foods like eggs and toast are dripping in oil or butter.
One feature of Mondo I love is that when the wait staff bring the food they place in front of you the food that you have ordered. I hate it when a waiter comes up and says who's having the fish?, and the beef? etc. Clearly Mondo have worked a system of placing a number beside the seating position or some code to let them know who is having which dish and I appreciate it.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Rohan F
“Boring food and bad service”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We have tried this place twice it is very local to us. We desperately wanted it to be great. We like the idea of it. We like the look of it. We saved it up for a special moment.

It was awful.

My goodness me, the entree was like eating the worst of your grandmothers food that you could ever imagine. The mains what a rip-off.. The service was slow and terrible.

It Has that self righteous aroma of, the kitchen staff and the place itself is more important than the customers. You feel second rate.

And then they hit you with the bill. Like a punch in an empty belly.

Minneapolis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I went to this restaurant with great expectation following some glowing reviews I had read - I should add that I am used to superb Californian eateries of similar description.
The first red flag was when I was offered tap water(!)in a restaurant touting itself as organic and my only other choice for water was in the form of spring water in a plastic bottle for $8!!
The menu looked ordinary and expensive so not wanting to chance my arm or palette further,I abandoned my bottle of water and left..I suspect the motivation behind this establishment is more for profit than for some more noble aspirations or belief system.
Beware..