“Makes you feel invisible!!”
Review of Palettes Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Palettes Restaurant & Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Went to Palettes for breakfast. I was told to be seated and my order would be taken. Twenty minutes later I was still sitting in this small café and no one came near me. Well that is not true, the waitresses walked past me numerous times. Now as breakfast is not infinite like lunch and dinner can be, I had to give up and go to work. I found this pretty offensive and didn't feel like begging for some attention. My table must have been within someone's responsibility. Anyway, can only comment on the 'service' which was non existent. I will leave it to the fortunate others who actually get served to comment on the food!! Won't be giving them a second chance.

Tom B, General Manager at Palettes Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Kramax, we appreciate your review and extend our sincerest apologies that you did not receive the appropriate service when you visited our restaurant. Though we have experienced some very busy peak periods at breakfast recently, our team should always reach recently-seated diners after only a brief period. We regret that this did not occur when you visited and we have discussed this with our staff to prevent a recurrence. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to make amends to you on a future visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

A good place for breakfast with healthy options and good cooked breakfast with options for side orders - the eggs were perfectly cooked. The Bircher Muesli was tasty and came with delicious yoghurt and strawberries

1  Thank Ruth S
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Fresh produce cooked really well. Certainly made my mouth water with both dishes. Very well presented. Only complaint is that my entree (for the price) had a stack of salad and not a lot of calamari. Missing chilli entirely. Service is attentive (given I was one of 5 in, on a Tuesday night) Not bad over-all.

Tom B, General Manager at Palettes Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Hi Steve, many thanks for your review. We're pleased tyo hear that you enjoyed your dining experience overall, including the service. We also appreciate you letting us know about the calamari dish. We'll certainly look into this, as it seems it wasn't presented correctly.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were staying at the sebel hotel so we chose this restaurant as it was convenient, and we had an advantage plus card. What a great choice. We ate lunch, dinner and breakfast here. All meals were delicious, and with good portion sizes. The waitresses were pleasant and friendly and their efficient service made us feel special. We would recommend people to eat at this restaurant.

1  Thank Judy21Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

we only had one meal there it was a bit expensive for average food so maybe other meals are better we didnt try breakfast but it looked good when we walked past it was expensive too.