“Felt let down”

Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We booked this restaurant for a family celebration. It was our first visit to the "new" Corornation seafood restaurant, and unfortunately will be our last. The service was ok, but the food was overpriced and very mediocre. The best part of our meal was the 2 serves of Chips for the table to share. One person had the soft shell crab for entree. it was so totally crumbed, that there was no taste other than crumbs. The salmon main was ok, but nothing better than could be cooked at home. Dessert was disappointing. The icecream and sorbet selection was only sorbet, no icecream to be seen. We often had to ask for our wine to be refilled. Overall a very disappointing and quite expensive night. Certainly not good Queensland seafood experience.

Reviewed 7 December 2011

I just wanted to write a quick review to express how impressed I was by my dinner this evening. I have looked forward to dining at lure since a poor uni student and being impressed by there billboard on milton road. I had the degustation this evening and it was just amazing!

Reviewed 23 November 2011

I've been here a few times and it's your typical pub food. Last time I went, it took an hour for our orders to come out (8 people). The food is just your standard; rump steak, pizza, wraps etc.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

I would have thought this place was at the upper end of seafood in Brisbane ?
Positives - Great wine list and very good fish.
Freshley schucked oysters hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm may be had been asleep a little to long!
Down side - big limp CHIPS ! Half the pleasure of going to a sea food place is to eat the forbidden chips and lots of them while the commander is at home !
Good servise - bit formal but all in all I would not rush back!

Reviewed 29 December 2010

My boyfriend and I went here for our anniversary dinner and had a fantastic night!

We had made a booking the night before, unfortunately it had not been registered, but no problem there was an available table. We were sat right next to the kitchen (as the restaurant is quite small the 2 seater tables are positioned to the front), I would recommend asking to be seated towards the rear of the restaurant on the red couches for a bit more ambience when making a reservation, but our table was fine- the light fittings are great and we didn't find it loud at all! (much quieter than other places we have dined at where you can hardly hold a conversation).

Can't fault the service, polite, warm and inviting- not pretentious. I got a mojito and my partner got a little creatures- drinks came fast and we were offered some bread for starters (very rare you get free bread before the meal these days!). We ordered the degustation menu and it was delicious (if not a bit too much food!). We got the seafood chowder (absolutely delicious and came out piping hot), canadian clearwater scallops (very nice), coral trout with prawns (perfectly cooked), angus fillet steak with mash and asparagus (again beautifully cooked), a selection of chocolate desserts (white chocolate cheescake was yum) and a cheese platter (a struggle to eat, but great selection of cheese and dried fruits). Pretty reasonably priced at $85 per person considering the amount of food and the great service. Our glasses were always refilled with water without asking and the courses came out in perfect timing.

Overall a fantastic experience I would recommend to anyone.