“Good food, bad service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2,276 of 4,268 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$13 - US$17
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Whether you're looking for somewhere classy or casual, our spacious restaurant has something just for you! Stop by the Café and relax as you take in the Queensland sun while you enjoy the sights of Oxford Street. Grab some beers with your mates or some cocktails with your girlfriends and relax in a booth and watch the hustle of Oxford Street pass you by while you catch up in comfort. Or if you are looking to impress, book one of our top tier tables for a refined meal for two...or more! Bookings are preferred but not essential.
Newcastle, Australia
“Good food, bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Great food. Good spot. But ruined by the staff service. We had a voucher to use and checked prior to ordering and were told it was fine and then weren't able to use it when paying. The girl who served us was rude and blamed her colleague for telling us the wrong thing. Disappointing. Won't go back.

Visited August 2013

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Another great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Thank you Sheridan for looking after us so well. It is nice to be remembered, and also to remember what we like to drink. Had a very yummie graziers pie, with mashed potatoes and mint mushy peas, was so good. My hubbie had fish and chips and calamari, again, so delicious. Love this restaurant, so much above your usual "pub lunch". Tis so much more than that! Brilliant wait staff, excellent food, only down side is the current wine menu. Hey, you can't always have it all! My fave lunch spot in Bulimba!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brisbane, Australia
“Bad food, bad attitude - even the flies didn't want to eat it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Took the family here for breakfast on a quiet Saturday morning. Sat outside in a booth next to the coffee machine. We all ordered breakfast and had fairly low expectations given that this is a pub.
But nothing could have prepared us for how bad the food was and how off-hand and under-trained the staff were.

Please take a look at our attached photo. It really was so gross I felt compelled to snap this to show other potential patrons what our experience looked like. How many times do 4 people leave ALL of their breakfast?

That's how bad it was. The bacon was flabby, streaky with grease oozing out of it. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was microwaved. Two of us ordered brekky rolls with bacon and eggs. They were pre-packed !!! One of them had a fried egg on it; the other had scrambled egg. So there wasn't even a consistent experience when ordering exactly the same item.

I ordered a tea, with milk. How can anyone stuff that up? The tea, sorry - the teapot of water was lukewarm - and from the teabag that arrived a few minutes later, I guess the idea was I was supposed to plonk the teabag in the lukewarm water and pray for a decent brew.

Even the baked beans were horrid and cold. I did a double facepalm at that point and it was clear that no care, no thought and absolutely no customer service was evident at this place.

It has one star rating because that is the minimum rating I can give it. But I think you get from this I would give it zero if I could.

Give this a miss and give your hard-earned dollars to a business that cares about its customers.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Amore55119
brisbane
“Private function”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Very disappointing evening. After spending a large some of money a private function here. Over zealous security staff evicted the birthday boy after 2 hours for no apparent reason. Management were unhelpful and the whole evening was ruined. Never again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank balibabeBrisbane
Sunshine Coast
“Expect to wait a while for poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

I was highly disappointed with my dining experience at 152. First of all the waitress asked us if we were ready to order, we asked for one more minute, she disappeared for 30 minutes at which time we had to call her back over. Our sloppy, overpriced entrees came out reasonably fast but then our mains took FOREVER, at least an hour or more after entree was served. We had to enquire as to when they would be served! In short, our reservation was for 7pm and we received our mains at 9:30pm!! I had the salmon which was overlooked and served with dry potatoes and overdressed salad greens. My husband ordered the prawn risotto which was served with undercooked rice and the prawns appeared undercooked as well! Oh, and the prawns looked like they were the frozen type you get at the supermarket. His meal went straight back to the kitchen. Needless to say we will never be dining at Oxford 152 again.

• Visited May 2013