After reading the reviews on here I was really concerned about staying at this property however we had already booked the property at a good price and so decided to continue with our stay. We stayed in a two bedroom superior apartment which consisted of a one bedroom and a studio room with a common entrance foyer. We initially stayed for 4 nights on level 2 and then returned later after a trip to Fitzroy Island and stayed for 2 nights on level 6. We didn't have any problems with this property at all. The staff were efficient, maybe a little distant, but this didn't bother me and I didn't have any reason to address them apart from check in and the occasional hello as we walked in and out of the entrance door. We had no problem with the room as it was very clean and tidy with modern amenities. At the rate we booked, one of the conditions was that the room would not be serviced daily so I didn't expect the room to be serviced, however it was serviced every single day of our stay and this was a fantastic bonus for us and we were very appreciative of this. One thing I found strange was that the property insists on payment up front when checking in. I have never experienced this before at any other property. In our circumstance it was probably a positive thing as both times we checked out prior to 6am in the morning and were able to just drop the key in the box as we left. I loved the proximity of this property to the restaurants and the bars as it was not a huge walk but enough to get some daily exercise. It was also very reasonably priced in my opinion as I believe the occupancy rates are very low. The pool on the roof was clean but the kids didn't swim as the water was too cold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Regis City Quays invites you to discover Cairns and surrounds by providing the ultimate base during your next visit.With the Esplanade, harbour foreshore, restaurants, shops, Night Markets, Reef Casino and Marlin Marina merely a short stroll away; you are close to everything that makes Cairns a great destination. For guests attending tradeshows, conferences and other events, Cairns Convention Centre is conveniently located directly across the street from the hotel.Spectacular sights and experiences await you in Cairns. Take advantage of Park Regis City Quays’ tour booking service and find yourself snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef, sailing the crystal blue water on a catamaran or white water rafting on the Tully and Barron Rivers…the options are endless.Whether your stay is for business or pleasure (or a bit of both) – Park Regis City Quays is your ideal ‘home away from home’ whilst in Cairns. Extended and long stay guests are welcome at Park Regis City Quays - click here for more information.Relax and unwind in your modern hotel room or one/two bedroom self-contained apartment – all with individually controlled air-conditioning as well as ceiling fans, internet access, cable TV and most with large balconies. To enhance our guests’ experience, our superior rooms have recently been given a fresh new look including new pillow top beds and bedding, modern desks/work areas and new technologies such as iPod docking stations and high definition LCD TVs.Make the most of Cairns’ fantastic weather and cook up a classic Aussie meal at our rooftop sundeck and BBQ area. Afterwards, take a relaxing and refreshing dip in our outdoor swimming pool – perfection!Park Regis City Quays ensures a truly peaceful and relaxing retreat during your next visit to Cairns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Park Regis City Quays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Regis City Quays Hotel Cairns
- Park Regis City Quays Cairns