“Very enjoyable stay”

Park Regis City Quays
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Recently stayed here and could not fault the property. From booking to check out everything was handled in a friendly and efficient manner. The details for an after hours arrival were clear and precise. The street noise did carry at night, but when it came time to go to bed, the bedrooms were quiet and no street noise disturbed a good night's rest. The location is excellent. I would stay here again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: There are 2 Park Regis propeties side by side. Both are excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 September 2011

After reading the reviews on here I was really concerned about staying at this property however we had already booked the property at a good price and so decided to continue with our stay. We stayed in a two bedroom superior apartment which consisted of a one bedroom and a studio room with a common entrance foyer. We initially stayed for 4 nights on level 2 and then returned later after a trip to Fitzroy Island and stayed for 2 nights on level 6. We didn't have any problems with this property at all. The staff were efficient, maybe a little distant, but this didn't bother me and I didn't have any reason to address them apart from check in and the occasional hello as we walked in and out of the entrance door. We had no problem with the room as it was very clean and tidy with modern amenities. At the rate we booked, one of the conditions was that the room would not be serviced daily so I didn't expect the room to be serviced, however it was serviced every single day of our stay and this was a fantastic bonus for us and we were very appreciative of this. One thing I found strange was that the property insists on payment up front when checking in. I have never experienced this before at any other property. In our circumstance it was probably a positive thing as both times we checked out prior to 6am in the morning and were able to just drop the key in the box as we left. I loved the proximity of this property to the restaurants and the bars as it was not a huge walk but enough to get some daily exercise. It was also very reasonably priced in my opinion as I believe the occupancy rates are very low. The pool on the roof was clean but the kids didn't swim as the water was too cold.

Room Tip: Choose the Lake Street side otherwise you will be looking straight at another building which is betw...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Bindi1974
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I stayed at the Park Regis while attending a conference at the nearby Convention Centre. The location could hardly have been better for this purpose.
The rooms themselves were very comfortable, with excellent beds. I shared a two bedroom apartment with a colleague, and the privacy was excellent, with the second bedroom set up very much like a hotel room with its own bathroom, large TV, toaster and kettle.
Cooking facilities were good, but much of the equipment was tired and wearing out, and the knives were so bad I may as well have tried cutting my steak with my little finger.
This isn't the quietest place; there are hotels and apartment blocks all around, and it can get a little noisy. Rooms at the back of the property overlook a neighbouring hotel's pool, which has a noisy fountain that runs well into the night.
As many others have said, service is minimal. It is quite adequate, though, for anyone who's not American. If you want a comfortable bed, a nice lounge area and the facilities to self-cater on the edge of the CBD, this place is excellent.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank trevar
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I was disappointed with the hotel and I would not stay again. The room was in need of a good overhall, re-paint and the lounge suite and carpets had seen better days. I had to request the room be vacumed and the kitchen cleaned when i arrived as it had not been attended to. Also the toilet seat was up with a hair on it ! Also the bed was extremely hard. Also they dont provide a toaster unless you request one and if the smoke alarm goes off you get charged $200 ! I have never experienced this anywhere before. Especially in a self contained unit.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank GBBWesternAustralia
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Customer Service - not big at The Park Regis. It's just the basics, like not having enough keys for the "promoted free security garage". I booked this hotel because of the roof pool. No one mentioned that it was closed. So I change into my swimmers up to the top only to find out, that the pool area gets new tiles and that there is no swimming. Great!!
They gave me a room key that didn't work on the front door - only good that I came back before they closed the reception. I filled out a form and sent it to the head office - no reply. To bad, because the location is just great.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Dobo01
SWHG_Operations, Manager at Park Regis City Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Dear Ms Dobo01

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments after your recent stay back in February with the Park Regis City Quays Cairns. I appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused during your stay.

Your comments have been well received and I have addressed these with my team. Please accept the below comments as explanations – not excuses.

1. Firstly I apologise for the inconvenience with the pool but unfortunately with long periods of inclement weather this job extended for a lot longer than anticipated. My staff should have offered you an alternative which is at our sister property – Piermonde, next door.

2. From time to time the front door swipes do play up even though we regularly have these serviced by the installing company. No one can give us a concrete reason but humidity seems to be the culprit. Again I must apologise for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you.

At the Park Regis City Quays Cairns we are committed to providing a high standard of facilities and customer service and we very much value your comments and views in this instance.

Again, I thank you for bringing these matters to my attention and I personally hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Regis Cairns in the near future and I ask that you contact me directly if so choose to do so on gmcityquays@parkregishotels.com

Yours sincerely

Wayne Booth
Park Regis City Quays Cairns

Reviewed 20 October 2010

Rooms clean and comfy and ideal central location convenient for Cairns sightseeing. Also free carparking which is a great advantage with a hire car.
Disappointing then to experience lacklustre customer service. Booked through airline promotion but on arrival staff didnt appear to have any record of booking and not much clue as to how it would be resolved except 'we will find you something'. Promotion included chocs and petrol voucher. Had to ask 4 times for voucher, eventually handed over and chocs never arrived. Dont really mind about either gift but when it was promoted it should be there. Staff indifferent to my feedback.
On departure I was told Manager would contact me - never heard. Have also left feedback on website. Have received a std reply answer welcoming me to stay again - I dont think so.
Such a shame as hotel had so much going for it at reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peachie000
SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2011

Dear Peachie000

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments after your recent stay with the Park Regis Hotel Cairns. I appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused during your stay.

Your comments have been received and I have addressed these with my team. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I must apologise for not making contact with you but there seems that we had a communication breakdown with my staff in which I have addressed

I am sorry that you felt you had not received great customer service. Here at the Park Regis Cairns as we are committed to providing a high standard of facilities and customer service and we very much value your comments and views in this instance.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and we hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Regis Cairns in the near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2010

We needed just 1 day accommodation because we had a late Tiger flight at 12.15. It was perfect because it was only $115 on wotif. The room was basic but if you are booked on full day trips it would be sufficient. It was recently renovated. Although the room need to be cleaned better...mainly the bathroom, which is a bit unmaintained. The room is very secure & we felt safe. There was a balcony, tv with movie channel, internet connection & bathroom shampoo/soap/conditioner dispenser. It was a short walk to the main strip & cairns central shopping centre. The staff allowed us to leave our bags at reception before 2pm check in. We checked out late, so put our keys in a box. Although, my friend needed to go back as she had actually missed her flight! After calling Park Regis they had someone meet her there & give her the keys back which was really nice b/c it was nearly midnight.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends