“No Regrets”

Various Places on East Coast USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“No Regrets”
Reviewed 6 March 2009

I spent weeks researching which tour to take into the rainforest. At first, I was concerned about this tour because it had not been reviewed on many websites and the website itself seemed old fashioned. But I could not find any other company (besides Wait-a-While) that conducts these kinds of deep rainforest tours, and I didn't want to be sitting on a bus all day following a well-beaten path and getting very little exposure to the details of the forest itself.

I finally e-mailed the company a whole list of questions and received an answer within 24 hours, each about a paragraph long. I even bluntly asked why I should believe that they are a great tour and why I should choose them. I was really happy with the in depth answers and decided to take a chance on my possibly ONLY visit to this prehistoric region in my entire life!

I have to say, NO REGRETS... I originally wanted a more hiking intensive program - none actually exist, anyway - but at the end of the day realized that I would have seen a tiny fraction of what I actually saw had I chosen something more walking based. There still was a lot of walking, though nothing rigorous. Saw dozens of trees, several animal spotting (snakes, kangaroos, special birds, etc...). Spent hours undisturbed in the rainforest and less time wandering through nearby bushland.

Tour guide was great! Personable, friendly, knowledgeable... Trust me, going with this company is not a risk. I heard from other tourists about their experience with some of the "bus" groups that go further north into the actual Danbulla and they barely spent any time in the forest, I think it was something like 30 or 45 minutes. I got to spend ALL day among the giants, the stinging trees, coiled vines, and friendly people. I have over 500 gorgeous photos. We had lunch in an isolated part of the forest, by a small running river. We sat on little stools on the bank, big prehistoric Iranio Palms towering over us. The smallness of the group is also fantastic. Luckily, we got some fantastic super-friendly and jokey people.

It's worth the price. In fact, I thought it to be extremely reasonable. Wait-a-while charges wayyyy more for a similar (although more animal focused) trip.

Thanks Wilderness Eco Safari!!!

5 Thank cpelchat

Whangaparaoa, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“My best birthday prezzie”
Reviewed 7 May 2008

My kids took me on this tour for my 60th Birthday while we were in Cairns and it was just the most amazing day. The owner/driver/guide was fantastic! We seemed to have as much time as we needed - no rushing to be at a particular spot. He was also very knowledgeable about the environment and the history of the places we visited!

Would definitely recommend this tour to anyone!

2 Thank Whanga_Traveller
Auckland, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Brilliant Day Trip in Cairns”
Reviewed 4 May 2008

The Wilderness Eco Safaris Tour was absolutely fantastic! We wanted to do something special for our Dad's 60th Birthday while we were in Cairns and this definitely hit the spot. Dad LOVED his birthday present and we all had an awesome day. The owner/driver/guide was amazing! he didn't make us feel rushed at all during the day. He was very knowledgeable about the environment and we actually all learnt a lot!

Would highly recommend this tour to anyone! The web address for them is www.wildernessecosafaris.com if anyone wants to contact them!

3 Thank Sejie