“Reef Encounter”
Review of Reef Encounter

Reef Encounter
Reviewed 19 February 2010

My wife and I along with some friends recently spent 3 days 2 nights on the Reef Encounter in Cairns and I can't recommend enough. If you like swimming, snorkeling, diving etc, then this is an absolute must, it's certainly an experience we'll never forget.

I can't speak highly enough of the staff, they made a great trip even better. Can't wait to do it again one day.

G Crawley (London)

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank creepy_10
There are newer reviews for Reef Encounter

Reviewed 10 February 2010

What can I say, everything was just fab. The room was nice and was upgraded when the air conditioning wasn't working, without even asking. The chef (Fry) tried his absolute upper most to cater for my 'difficult' dietary needs and was very willing to accept meal suggestions. Laura (instructor) was an absolute rock of encouragement when night diving as I was so nervous. Many thanks (especially) to Caitlin, (but also) Jenny and Sam for their guided dives, which were very interesting and cool. Even more thanks to Cain (DM) for constantly keeping an eye out and of course Captain Garry, whom without, non of the diving would have been possible.

If you are reading this and are wondering about reef encounter, I can only tell you that it would be wrong to go with any other boat. I dived with the sister boat last year and am a repeat customer. The quality and service are superb. Safety is of a prime concern and the staff are there to support you, should you need it. I had so much fun.

Thanks chaps and chapesses for a great trip giving me memories I will never forget.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank dora_an_explorer
Reviewed 30 January 2010

Went to Cairns with my 13 yrs old son and literally bumped into a activities´ desk at the Marina.
Our innitial plan was to visit the great barrier and come back to the hotel on shore, but a very persuasive saleswoman, Carmen, made us change our minds, thank god!
It was indeed an experience to be remembered. The following morning we left in a catamaran that would take to the reef encounter and when we got there we were greeted by a very kind crew who showed us around and immediately made us feel at home. The dives were great, but that´s to be expected at the great barrier, not the lavender smelling rooms, delicious meal cook by our nice chef Fry and the comfortable longe spaces we had available for our idle times.
Something definetely worth repeating.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Eduardo B
Reviewed 23 January 2010

The rooms are very clean,
they cater to your dietary needs and the food was delicious.
Staff is fantastic, everyone knows you by name and makes you feel very comfortable
If you go Diving ask for Alex, he is the best!
i would have to agree with the previous reviewer, i don't usually go back to the same place but i can't wait to go back to Reef Encounter!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank linza1
Reviewed 13 January 2010

My husband and I just spent a month in Australia and New Zealand and this was hands down our favorite two days of the entire trip. The crew was amazing from the first minute we arrived. I had never been diving before and words cannot describe how wonderful the experience was and how very special the crew made it for me. They were the very best - so helpful and friendly!

There is also nothing like watching the sun rise and set on the reef and our only regret was that we didn't stay longer. We never want to go/do the same thing twice when traveling, but we have been saying since that we cannot wait to go back and do this again - though I don't know how it could get any better! This is an absolute MUST DO in Australia and has given us memories that we will cherish forever.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GracieT24
Reviewed 7 December 2009

This trip was in a beautiful location,the views esp when snorkelling were amazing.Very impressed with the cleanliness of the boat and rooms.The service was quick and the crew were very friendly and helpful.Thoroughly enjoyed our stay on the Reef Encounter and the snorkelling and my partner loved his dive.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank princess1504
Reviewed 4 December 2009

a great time on the boat, comfortable cabin, great staff, equipement very well kept.
My first "swimming hotel"
Good value for courses, dives and s.o.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo