Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
US$173
US$152
Hilton
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$189
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$228/night.

Tropical Heritage Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$122
US$212
US$196
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$228/night.

Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$127
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$165
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$117
Priceline
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$185
Cancelon
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$300/night.

All reviewsbedroom apartmentregency buildingkitchen warethese apartmentsmain bedroomshopping centrerusty's marketsuited our needsshort walkcentral locationhuge balconywashing machine and dryeryour doorstepgreat holidaynight staylocation is greatspence
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I booked to stay in this apartment through wotif.com. During the process of organising this booking I phoned Courtney the Manager at these apartments twice from Melbourne. During one of these phone calls I explained to Courtney that our children suffer from severe anaphylaxis to a range of allergens and that the apartment must be clean. I also noted on the wotif.com online booking form "Please ensure that apartment is clean. Our children have severe allergies.".

We arrived at these apartments at about 0200 on Friday 17 September. On arrival we checked the children's beds prior to putting them to bed and noticed that the pillow slips on the bed were absolutely filthy. One of the pillow slips had a brown skid mark on it and the other pillow slip was dark with dirt as if it had been rubbed across the floor. Several of the lights in the master bathroom were also not working and one of the lights in the lounge area had been pulled out and was dangling by a live 240 volt wire. The sheets in the children's beds also had odd stains on them. In the top drawer of the bedside drawers in the second bedroom was a used condom rolled up in a tissue and an opened condom packet was sitting next to it. The fridge and the kitchen area were also not clean and my Wife had to clean out the fridge at 0200 in the morning so that we could use it. The cutlery in the kitchen had smeared food on it as if it had not been washed and there was dried up food on the cook top and the toaster had a large dent in it as if it had been dropped or punched.

On the morning of Friday 17 September I SMSed Courtney's Manager a gentleman known as Craig to complain about the filthy linen and kitchen area, the used condom in the drawer and the light dangling out of the ceiling by half a metre of live 240 volt wire and the spa which was also not clean. Craig rang me back on mobile to say that he would talk to Courtney about moving us into another apartment. Shortly after this a young Philippino woman knocked at the front door of the apartment and said that she had been sent by the Manager to clean up the apartment. We left this Cleaner in our apartment so that she could finish cleaning and went on a day trip to Skyrail. Before leaving for Skyrail I went down to the Manager's office and spoke to Courtney. Courtney arranged for me to speak with Craig at 1700 on Friday 17 September. Craig never arrived at 1700 for the meeting nor did he telephone me on mobile to say that he wasn't going to come ( NB. After we hurried back from Cairns so that I could talk to him. ).

On Saturday 18 September I found a long sliver of glass in the drawer with the pots and pans. On the evening of Saturday 18 September I noticed that one of the toilets was leaking and that I needed to tap the cistern after the children used the toilet to stop the noise of water continually flowing into the toilet. On the morning of Sunday 19 September we realized that the freezer in the fridge in the kitchen was not working properly and all the food in the freezer had gone off ( NB. About $10 worth of food. ). As we were moving out of the apartment on the morning of Sunday 19 September I found an unused condom in the top drawer of of my six year old daughter's bedroom. I am thankful that my daughter and son did not find this condom and bring it to our attention. On the morning of Sunday 19 September I SMSed Craig ( NB. I have kept the SMS messages. ) to say "Craig, have tried to meet / contact you without success. Freezer broken - lost $10 worth food. Found opened condom top drawer children's bedrm - left it there for you to see. Not acceptable." Unfortunately, Craig did not respond to this SMS.

Our stay at these apartments has caused us considerable stress. I am particularly angry about the used condom in the second bedroom, the state of the linen in our children's bedroom and the unused condom in the drawer in our children's bedroom. In my opinion, it is criminally negligent to leave a live 240 volt wire dangling from a ceiling when it is clear that a family with young children are going to be moving in. It is also extremely antisocial not to clean up used / unused condoms from the apartment and to at least meet with me to try and work through some of these issues. We have booked accommodation through wotif.com on many different occasions over the years and I have never experienced anything like this before. My advice is to be very careful staying at these apartments because if you have a problem do not expect to receive a refund.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Gian_Bhogal
CairnsCityApartments, Manager at Cairns City Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2010

We thank you for taking the time to advise of these issues you encountered during your stay, we appreciate all feedback in order to improve the business and rectify any items which require extra attention. We do advise however that Courtney is not the Manager, the previous Manager's have sold the business and we advise that Cairns City Apartments is now under New Management.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

we stayed at regency on spence for 4 nights with 2 young children. the apartment was great for our young family. we loved the big balcony it was great for entertaining guests!unfortunately upon checking in we discovered the floors and bench tops were very dusty and dirty and had to be cleaned the following day, this made it difficult for our children to play on the floor. also, the kitchen was lacking a few essentials. we thought the entire unit could use a good cleaning out. lastly, the traffic noise was something we had to get used to.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
CairnsCityApartments, Manager at Cairns City Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2010

Thank you for taking the time to supply us with feedback on your recent trip. We would also like to thank you for pointing out some deficiencies in the Apartment.
The deficiencies within our control have been noted and rectified.
Unfortunately traffic noise can occasionally be an issue as we are located in the heart of Cairns.

Once again we would like to thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 July 2009

We stayed for a week with 4 year old and a 14 mth old and despite being concerned about being cooped up in an appt we found that as the room was so spacious we were fine. We were there for my husband to attend a conference for the first 4 days so I was in the apartment a lot but being right across the road from the Cairns Central shopping mall meant if we just needed to get out for an hour we could go to the airconditioned comfort of the mall, even though in the middle of the day it was a bit warm to be walking most other places with small children.
These apartments are located a few blocks away (10-15 min walk) from the main hotel and tourist area but this was fine with us as it meant it was quiet at night time.
Craige from the reception area was friendly and always happy to help with both accomodation needs but also tourism info.
Overall we found this apartment suited our needs really well and it was as described on the website we booked it from. Our friends stay in apt 208 and had a super comfy lounge with recliners and a ig LCD TV, we were in 206 and had the worlds most uncomfortable cane lounge and old style TV but this just encouraged us to find other things to do.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2009

We booked two 3 bedroom apartments - both were very spacious and modern, overlooking one of the main streets in Cairns. The apartments were conveniently located across the road from the major shopping centre (including Myer and the supermarket!) and close walking distance to restaurants, the casino and Marlin Jetty. Staff were friendly and the pool was great!

Would definitely recommend to families and groups wanting a relaxing stay in Cairns.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2006

Two couples, mature travellers, and life-long friends shared one of these 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartments. We were delighted with the standard of accomodation, spacious, light and airy, one bedroom had a large bed, roomy walk-in robe, large en-suite,(great shower) the other a queen size bed and a full size bathroom
The situation is ideal, diagonally across from Cairns Central, (a very large shopping Centre) and within easy walking distance to the Esplanade, the lagoon and the City Centre.
Management in the form of Grant Skinner could not have been more helpful.
I did take photographs of this apartment, but unfortunatly my camera went "missing"

1  Thank veeahtee