“Not very happy.”
Review of Great Adventures

Great Adventures
Ranked #53 of 157 Tours in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: With Great Adventures you can explore the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef on any day of your holiday, be it at the spacious outer reef activity platform or the tropical reef and rainforest surrounds of Green Island. Cruises depart daily from Cairns aboard modern fast catamarans. All cruises are accredited with Advanced Ecotourism Certification, ensuring guests have the opportunity to learn about and appreciate this magnificent World Heritage environment.
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The underwater motorbike and snorkelling are very good and some staff are friendly.

The lunch was too late for us. Since we had to get up early to catch the boat, we could only had an early breakfast, already felt very hungry, even dizzy at noon, but have to wait till 1pm to have lunch, and the queue for food was very long.

I wanted digital copies saved on the disk for the photos taken by the staff, had asked a few times to clarify this but at the end still felt into the trap. Paid about $22 for each photo, was only given the printed copies, was told if I wanted the digital copies, I had to pay $22 a photo again. I can easily get a printed copy for 50c anywhere, why should I had to pay $22 again for a photo? It is a rip off and just ridiculous. The supervisor there was impatient.

1  Thank Jane Rong C

Reviewed 11 November 2013

On day one of our stay we did the half day Green Island trip. My daughter took the snorkelling option and I took the glass bottom boat option. On day two of our stay we did the full day outer reef trip. As a non-swimmer I preferred the Green Island trip over the Outer reef trip whilst my daughter enjoyed both but especially enjoyed the Outer reef trip. I loved the glass bottom boat trip and I felt that the view of the coral, fishes and turtles was much better than the semi submersible at the outer reef pontoon. The semi sub also made both of us feel really nauseous. There's an underwater observatory area on the pontoon at the outer reef which is ok for viewing. I didn't have much of the food on the full day trip I just had a plate of fruit whilst my daughter had a small plate of salad.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My biggest problem in the hype about "the reef" yes the sights above water looked awesome as the water was beautiful, but once you got under, the marine life was very disappointing. It lacked any sense of colour and I actually had to go "looking" for fish most of the time...not to mention the absolute lack of coral. I no most of the reef is amazing and unbelievable beautiful as we saw at fitzroy island (even swam with turtles!) but where they took us to me was like a coral weed garden. Not surprising when a company runs almost all year round ferrying 100s of people there every day. If you want to see real marine life and reef go on a smaller cruise with a lot less people...they also said on the boat that this spot was one of the best on the reef!!!!! This was proven very wrong once we got to fitzroy island :)

3  Thank Carmen L
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Great Adventures did a very nice job leading an excursion visiting The Great Barrier Reef. The tours are well organized, the facilities are very good, and the lunch provided at the reef was very good. The tour lasted all day providing sufficient time for everyone to do their thing. They also provided narrative along the way on the reef. At their viewing platform, they also have a submarine-like coral viewing vessel and an underwater observation deck.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

booked to great adventures to green island. it was awesome. good value for money i think plus you get the choice of glass bottom boat or snorkelling equipment included in the price.

day out was great! very efficient and friendly staff who just want to show you the best of QLD.