“Lovely Food”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Was very good, with good choice on the menu. Was very difficult to get a table as so popular so definitely book in advance.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,384)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The food is great! Such a variety of options. The service is good but what really makes it is the location, the views over the water are beautiful on a sunny afternoon. Lunch turns into late afternoon drinks every time!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

MY friend who is a local Cairns resident recommended this place suggesting it to be one of the best in town. Sure enough, the feel, the ambience was great. It is in an ideal location and as the night progressed it turned out that many people were of the same opinion as it become packed.

My mate suggested I try the Espatada which is in effect a long skewer impaled with 350g of flavoursome rump dripping with red wine & chilli sauce. Within seconds of arriving a neighbouring table had one of the Espatada's delivered and I knew it was not for me; thanks to the previous night where I simply ate too much (see my review of the Salt House restaurant). So I ordered a Thai beef salad.

Now whereas the dish resembled what I expected (having had this several times in the past at other restaurants and at home), it definitely wasn't up to scratch. I simply didn't like it.

I had a taste of my friend's Expatada which is in effect nothing more than sauce topped meat with a bowl of mashed potato) and whereas the meat was nicely cooked, I'm very glad I didn't order one for myself.

So, on the one time I attended this restaurant, I walked away nonplussed. Lovely ambience and position, but that was it for me.

1  Thank cuspub
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Came here for dinner with a group of 8 for dinner. One of the only places open on a Monday night in Cairns and it was packed! Lots of groups around the restaurant. We had great cocktails, there was a very good wine list and the food was of exceptional quality. The waitstaff were very friendly and engaging and everyone on our table had a fabulous night. Will be back.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We came across this little gem while aimlessly walking around the pier hoping to find somewhere nice to eat. We managed to get in without a reservation, which was lucky as it was pretty busy. The waitresses were super friendly and the ambience in the restaurant was great. The cocktails were fantastic, the Mango Colada was my favourite! Our steaks came and were cooked to perfection. The sauces were incredible, I'd recommend the Red Wine and Chilli if you like your food rich and sweet with a bit of a kick! Our wonderful dining experience at Waterbar & Grill was a pleasant surprise in Cairns!