“Learning to Dive”

Pro Dive Cairns Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Great Barrier Reef scuba diving liveaboards, day diving trips and diver training off Cairns, North Queensland, Australia. Catering for novice divers and qualified divers as well as offering diving training and a dive shop, ProDive operates dive vessels and dive boats and is Cairns' premier dive company.
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I recently completed a 5 dive PADI course to become a certified open water diver. I was definitely a little bit nervous, as I had never dived before! Pro Dive Cairns were absolutely amazing in every way. The course started with 2 days of classroom/pool training, where they ensure that you know and understand all the theory behind scuba diving. They also get you comfortable with the equipment, which can be a little bit daunting at first. Following that you have 3 days on a boat, right on the beautiful Great Barrier Reef. The course included 9 dives, one of which was a night dive. Throughout all 5 days the staff were patient, attentive and VERY funny! Overall the experience was definitely one of the best I've ever had, and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"well oiled machine"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

I Had An Amazing Time It Was Such An Awesome Trip. The Staff And Instructors Were So Nice, Very Helpful And They Never Got Angry When You Struggled With Some Of The Activities,They Helped You Through It And Didn't Rush You. The Food Was Absolutely Amazing They Helped Me With My Food Allergy And Always Had Food For Me To Eat. The Accommodation On The Boat Was Really Nice And The Staff Did A Brilliant Job At Keeping It Clean. The Instructors And Staff Felt More Like Family Than Anything Else It Was The Best Trip Of My Life. I Recommend That If Anybody Wants To Learn How To Dive Or Wants To Go Diving Then Do It With Pro Dive Cairns You Definitely Won't Regret It. It Was Sad To Say Goodbye

1  Thank EvelynThorne
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I took a 3 day live-aboard trip with Pro Dive Cairns. It was a great experience, had a fantastic time and met a lot of great people.
The crew was excellent. They were hardworking and very attentive. Each had great personality which helped everyone relax and really enjoy the trip. The attention to safety was excellent.
As an experience diver, I had a lot of contact with the the dive supervisor, Rafa. He was a great character and a really decent guy. His dive briefings were excellent and full of interesting details about the reef and the marine life.
From the comments made by the novice divers, I got the impression that the other instructors were also very good.
Everything on board was clean, comfortable and functional. The food was great and the chef a thoroughly decent guy. He helped me a lot during the initial few hours on board when I was experiencing very bad sea sickness.
I was later talking to a taxi driver in town who himself was working as a diving instructor for many years. He told me that Pro Dive is one of the better outfits out there because they have access to the best sites around Cairns and also best equipment and crews.
I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who is planning to dive the reefs around Cairns.

1  Thank Mosen219
Reviewed 29 May 2013

What a perfect trip to Cairns thanks to Pro Dive. We had two days of training in class and in the pool before we joined the team out on their very nice boat for 3 days out on the reef.
The boat were great. A lot of space, it was clean, the 'rooms' were comfortable and quiet. You get the best sleep out there! The only thing is you need to go to bed early because you don't get much sleep: the day starts at 5am! Great value for money, you get to dive all the time, there is nearly not a minute to relax. Either you dive, eat or sleep :) Which is why you are there, so GREAT! :)
I don't need to say much about the reef, it is beautiful and everything you want to see - is there. The ocean had a temperature on approx 23 degrees, wintertime, a great time to travel to Cairns.
The staff were brilliant! Very nice, easy to talk to, and they made a rather nervous experience seem easy and comfortable. I would go with Pro Dive next time as well.

1  Thank Ash H